Author Topic: Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018  (Read 1435 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018
« on: October 09, 2018, 09:40:57 AM »
Hello Ladies!

Was gone from Friday morning until last night.  Went to Mackinac Island, and then into the UP of Michigan.  The fall colors are unreal and gorgeous right now!!  Sadly, the weather was cloudy and rainy for the most part.  The colors still popped, but not like they would under a bright sun.

The next couple of days we are having unseasonably warm weather, and then something a little more normal starting Thursday.  Regardless of the warmth today, we are having chicken and rice soup for dinner.  Starting Sunday, my throat started to hurt.  Yesterday it was really rough.  Felt like it was bleeding it was so dry and raw.  I nursed it on hot tea and tons of water, but wow.  I slept well last night.  Probably about 10 hours.  I feel better today, but am trying to get it taken care of before it turns into a full blown problem.  So, chicken soup on warm/hot night it is.

We had such a nice weekend.  Ran into tons of friends.  Both from the Island, and several who were also visiting.  Went to a great Oktoberfest event and had a blast there.  Now back to some kind of normal.

Hubs' huge work project is wrapping up, so now I can do some menu planning since he will be home more in the evenings.

Not much happening for me today.  Laying low and keeping the throat lozengers handy.  I also started hubby on zinc so he hopefully can avoid this.  Whatever it is.

Hope all of you are enjoying your fall so far!  Check in and let us know what you are up to!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 10:34:59 AM »
Pam,

A good remedy is filling a pint mason jar with layers of thinly sliced lemon, thinly sliced ginger root and just pack it in making sure to alternate the layers. Then fill the jar with honey. Let it sit in the fridge overnight. Take a teaspoon full during the day as often as you want. Put some in your hot tea. When the level of honey goes down, fill it up with more. I think this can sit in the fridge for quite a while. We've had one in there for about 6 weeks already.

I am so glad to have a few more days of warmth and even some sunshine!  When it's over, then I think fall will hit us hard. The trees are turning color very quickly and falling leaves are really happening although it has been a little breezy.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 11:09:58 AM »
Hello Pam and Alice.

I wanted to check in here before the day gets away from me.

It’s still hot down here, but I think it’s supposed to be cooling off next week.  It is very breezy today and slightly overcast.  Our leaves are just turning brown and crunchy.  I haven’t seen any pretty fall colors yet, but hopefully soon.

The allergies or cold I am battling is hanging on.  I still can’t smell or taste anything.  I am hungry, but nothing is appealing at the moment. Oh well, maybe I will be back to normal tomorrow.

Emily is taking it easy today.  She has a stomachache so I told her to lie down and try to take a nap.  Hopefully she will feel better soon and won’t pass it on to me.

I guess that’s about it for me.  Hope you all have a good day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »
Hello!

Worked 9-5 today so just checking in. We had rain off and on all day and finally got some cooler temps, in the 60's. Supposed to be mid-60's to low 70's over in eastern Oklahoma/western Arkansas for our backpacking trip this weekend. I'm only working 12-5 tomorrow but have several errands to run beforehand. I'm mostly packed, and we'll leave at 9 on Thursday to drive over and begin.

Mallory had her first JROTC promotion board last week. She scored 100 percent and got promoted from no rank to private first class (skipping private because she scored over a 95). She is also now the assistant squad leader and pretty excited about that.

I've been trying to teach Morgan to crochet this evening (her request). Somehow she either pulls it too tight or twists the chain. I have suggested she put it up and try again tomorrow.

Well, better head off to bed, pretty tired.

It was good to read what y'all have been up to. Pam and Cheryl, hope you get to feeling better.

Catherine