Author Topic: Monday, Oct. 15, 2018  (Read 1562 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, Oct. 15, 2018
« on: October 15, 2018, 09:03:21 AM »
Good Morning Ladies!

:) :) :) :) :)
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, Oct. 15, 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 09:16:41 AM »
Hello to all!

Hope all of you had a lovely weekend.  Mine was pretty low key.  Still getting over this cold.  It has been more of a nuisance than anything else.  Don't really feel that bad or anything, just runny nose and some coughing.  Over the counter meds have pretty much taken care of symptoms.  That, and Saturday instead of doing a heavy cleaning as I had planned, I just stayed on the couch for most of the day.  That really helped.

Friday night we went to a concert.  It was an Irish music show. It was really good, and we enjoyed it even though I wasn't feeling the best.  I guess that took a lot out of me, so that day on the couch was kind of a recovery day for me.

Yesterday our son and his fiancee and our youngest son's gf came over.  We made pizzas, and played games.  It was a fun afternoon. 

So, today I need to get back to business.  I have laundry started.  Dishwasher loaded and ran.  I need to do some menu planning for the week and figure out what I need to grab from the freezer for tonight.  I got a new cookbook from Skinnytaste, so I want to see if I can find something in that to try tonight.

Alice: interesting to hear what you thought about that pressure cooker.  I have 2 as well.  But, because I bought one, and then my Mom gave me one as a Christmas gift.  I use both of them for different things, but have never used both at the same time. 

This week for me will be back to a more normal schedule.  In that we don't have any events or travels this week.  Hubs has one night away, but other than that, pretty much an at home week.  I think that will feel good to me.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend, and will look forward to hearing what all of you are up to this week.
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Monday, Oct. 15, 2018
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 06:07:27 PM »
Good evening!

Just home from Max and Micah's parent-teacher conferences. Both are doing well in school.

This past weekend was my backpacking trip over in SE Oklahoma/Western Arkansas. We mostly had a good time. Cut it a bit short because we were wet and cold after hiking two days in the rain. We stayed in one of the 3-sided shelters both nights (much like AT shelters) to try to dry our clothing rather than setting up our tiny backpacking tents but the air was so damp that we just had to put our cold wet clothing back on in the morning. So we only covered about 20 miles rather than the 27.9 planned. My pack ended up being 40.6 lbs with the bear canister, a warmer sleeping bag, and 3 liters of water.

Add me to the 2 electric pressure cooker club. I have a 6 quart IP brand, and an 8 quart Wise brand. Both gets lots of use. However, having just gone back to work a few weeks ago, I also opted to replace my slow cooker as well (lid broke last year and it was old enough that it wasn't worth buying a new lid for) with an oval 8 quart.

Kids have one more day of school before fall break for the rest of the week. Earl took tomorrow off as well as the rest of the week. He was going to take the boys to their dental appointments tomorrow, but the dentist's office called last minute today and cancelled them. :( Anyway, we usually camp and had planned to this time, but looks like there will be lots of rain Wednesday night through Friday, so we're talking of staying home instead. I already bought groceries, including some for camping meals, but we can eat that food at home, do s'mores in the fire pit, play board games, and sleep in our own beds! I have to work other than Thursday, anyway, so would have been driving in to shower, check on the cats, and work.

Well, better get off of here. I have injured my Achilles tendon on my left foot somehow and need to soak it.

Pam, hope you continue to improve. The Irish music sounds like fun!

Catherine