Author Topic: Monday, October 22  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Cheryl

Monday, October 22
« on: October 22, 2018, 05:57:27 AM »
Good morning!

Well, the cooler weather I wad wanting has finally arrived.  We have a fire in our wood stove, the house is toasty warm, and I am sitting here with my coffee.

We had a little frost overnight and I will go out to uncover my peppers in a bit. They are all that is left of my summer garden. 

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Monday, October 22
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 10:27:38 AM »
I think it's cooler here too, at least my house is warm. But my office is another thing...heat is on but it's not coming from the heat register and it's about 95 degrees. My window is open and a fan is on but it's not really working. It feels like it is just getting warmer and warmer as the day progresses. It was like this all last week too. I guess I need to pull out tank tops and capris and sandals again.

On a side note, my youngest daughter got engaged this weekend. We knew it was coming and we're so excited. It will be our first wedding since the other two older kids aren't there yet.

I am feeling like days, weeks are all just flying by so fast and I wish it could just slow down a bit. September showed up but was gone rather quickly. Now, we are already near the end of October but I thought it just started!  It's only 65 days until Christmas and I'm just not ready for winter yet.

I've been doing a lot of cooking from the freezer and pantry but I ran into a couple of deals (again) and filled the freezer right back up. I cooked up a whole chicken in my pressure cooker yesterday so today we 'll use the leftover meat for a chicken potpie.  But I think I might have to take care of some leaves outside first. A ton fell during the last week and I have raked any yet this fall.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 03:44:58 PM »
Alice, I do the same thing.  I am determined to get to the bottom of my freezer, but I find a good deal and fill up any space I have empty. 

Congratulations to your daughter on her engagement!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 06:44:03 PM »
Hello!

Checking in late, but better late than never, right? :D

I had to work today noon to five, so Maddy started the taco meat for me, which was helpful. We had a very simple taco dinner. Earl has been doing physical therapy for his neck condition, and today's appointment was scheduled for 4:30 and takes about an hour and a half, so he didn't get home till well after 6. His barbershop singing group meets for practice at 7:30, so he's off again.

Kids went back to school today after their fall break. It was a disappointing break due to cancelling our regular fall camping trip due to the forecast rain, which DID happen, amazingly (usually, they're wrong).

Tomorrow, I'm planning to hike. Just need some outdoor time. Coming home from a backpacking trip as I did last weekend is always depressing, knowing how many months it's likely to be before I can go again. As I mentioned on fb, I hauled 40.6 lbs about 20 miles in rain up and down mountains just fine, lifted many heavy floral arrangements and carried them for work last week, then somehow managed to pull something in my right shoulder blade area while SLEEPING Saturday night.  Pathetic, huh? It's somewhat better today but not fully. I am taking anti-inflammatory meds a few more doses and maybe a muscle relaxer before bed.

Well, better go get my pack and water ready for tomorrow morning. I am beat and headed to bed soon (hey, it's almost 8!).

Alice, congrats to your daughter!
Cheryl, wow, you have frost before us! We're enjoying 60's to about 70 during the day and 40's most nights. Loving it.

Have a great evening!
Catherine