Author Topic: Thursday, November 1, 2018  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Thursday, November 1, 2018
« on: November 01, 2018, 07:06:57 AM »
Hello and Happy November 1!

Is anyone around these days? I'm guilty of not posting as much in October but it seemed to have been a fairly busy month. Last I remember we just started the month and POOF, just like that, it is done and November has begun.

These crazy days just seem to go by so quickly. Summer is gone and not much to show for it this year. Fall is upon us and we have slowly on put things away for the winter.We have to focus on leaves and though they fallen much, we have snow in the forecast for next week. I might just have to pick up what has fallen and wait to see what next week brings. I remember having to pick up leaves on Thanksgiving day once. I also remember last year having to pick up leaves in a very wet, sleety Saturday morning. Not fun. The next day we had a lot of snow and we never did get to pick up the leaves until this past spring. I also remember that the spring leaf pickup was actually a nice thing.

My daughter wants me to get a mother of the bride dress and she showed me evening gown styles. Hmm. Not so sure about an evening gown but I looked around on my own and saw a couple. The problem is that this will be a July wedding so finding a summer dress now might not work so well. I did see a nice dress that is sleeveless but has a light 3/4 sleeve sheer light jacket with it. I might have to see if I can find it in the store in town. Pam, you live in the same town as I do so where would you recommend? I almost need to try one on instead of ordering online.

I've had some trouble with the Cosori pressure cooker I've been reviewing. It started to smell bad like electrical burning but there were no error codes on the display and it continued to cook the food. When it was done the food was fine but when I washed the insert there was a huge burn mark on the bottom of the stainless steel insert. Like it was trying to melt it. It seems like I have a "hot spot" with this pressure cooker where it gets super hot in one place. I've contacted the company but I haven't heard back yet. I'm sad because I wanted to be able to promote their product but I can't. I might just send it back because it really shouldn't be used if it has a problem like that.

Not much else going on for me.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Thursday, November 1, 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 09:28:27 AM »
Alice:

My future dil got her dress at Bridal Gallery on 44th St.  They are really helpful there.  I had picked up a dress there for my other son's wedding that I didn't end up wearing, but it was on clearance for like $45.  You might be able to find something in the clearance racks right now for summer.

Macy's at Woodland Mall carries a pretty good selection of formal gowns as well. 

Sometimes David's Bridal has some nice things.  Service is hit and miss there, so patience is needed to shop there I feel like.

Hope you find something that suits you.
Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25