Author Topic: Tuesday, October 23  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Cheryl

Tuesday, October 23
« on: October 23, 2018, 08:08:55 AM »
Good morning!

I have been up since 4 a.m.  I think I will need a nap sometime today.  My cats seem to agree that the wee hours of the morning are made for starting the day and feeding them.  My cats rule the house, it seems. ::)

It is chilly here, but not like yesterday.  At least we don’t have frost this morning and none is likely for at least 6 more days.  I still have a lot of peppers in my garden.  I picked two five gallon buckets of them Saturday and gave them all to my neighbor.  I have a Tabasco pepper plant that is as tall or taller than I am and it is loaded.  It takes a long time to pick every little pepper from it. 

I have chili in the crockpot for supper and will use the leftovers for chili dogs tomorrow.  I need to make buns and we’re set.

Time to go get started, so I will check in later.  Have a good day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Tuesday, October 23
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 06:30:09 PM »
Cheryl, that's a LOT of peppers!

Well, had my hike this morning/early afternoon. First I had to make a phone call about a bank-issued "official" check that was issued September 28 and my bank says is cashed, but that the company who received it claims not to have received. Ugh. Why does everything have to be such a pain? This is for a payment for over $1100, so no small change. So anyhow, the hike was good for stress relief, lol. About 70-71 degrees and sunny, so beautiful! Plus it was just good to see some of my hiking girl friends. I haven't seen much of them the last few weeks with the new job.'

Still having quite a bit of pain in that shoulder blade area, plus my hands are now hurting. I think the hands are possibly from the weather front moving in.

After hiking, I came home and put some sprouted wheat bread makings in the bread machine (60% organic sprouted wheat flour, 40% organic white flour), made chocolate chip cookies, and started copycat Zuppa Toscana soup. Mmm! I Have eaten way too much this afternoon and evening but was hungry after hiking. My apple and jerky wore off, I guess!

I've been out to pick yellow squash, green beans, mustard greens, kale, and arugula. Most of the greens are for my acupuncturist hiking friend who is giving Maddy her old car (tomorrow!). Greens don't seem like much in light of that, but she eats loads of them and likes mustard greens, so I am glad for them to go to someone who will eat them (we don't love them, but out of loads of older seeds I planted, those grew best).

Well, ready to head to bed before long. Need to put my clean sheets back on first, though. Tried a little while ago but they were still a bit damp so had to dry them more.

Have a good evening!
Catherine