Author Topic: Monday, Nov. 5, 2018  (Read 1173 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Monday, Nov. 5, 2018
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:43:07 AM »
Hello Ladies.

I've been missing for a while.  I agree with Alice that October was just crazy fast and gone! 

Hubs' birthday was on Halloween, and our anniversary is Nov. 1.  We went up north last Wed and Th.  Did some visiting of a wine trail up there, had an amazingly indulgent dinner on our anniv. and then made it home on the 2nd.  It was a nice quick getaway, and we had such a great time.  Now back to reality!

Not too busy of a week ahead for me.  Especially for today.  The weather is about to change around here, and I'm sure I'm not even close to ready for it.  Snow is expected by the weekend. 

October had me kind of focused on my HS best friend.  She has been diagnosed with breast cancer.  Through tests and procedures, she has been told that she has it in both breasts.  I think she is to meet with a surgeon on Friday to see what the next steps will be.  I just don't know what to do for her.  I text her daily, and reach out by phone.  Sending her notes, cards and messages.  At this point not much else I can do.  Any suggestions of how I can lend support would be welcomed.

Not sure if I had mentioned this by my oldest son & dil have moved to NC.  They are all settled in the Charlotte area, and both have started jobs.  It has been amazing to watch them do this.  They decided this was what they wanted once they found out they were expecting, and boom - within about 2 months they had moved and were all settled in!  I am in awe of their decisiveness, and action plan!  They now are living close to several of her relatives, so I am happy they are no longer without a family support system nearby.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Sorry I haven't been in touch of late.  Would love to hear about what you have been doing, and how everyone is!

Pam

Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Monday, Nov. 5, 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 01:42:14 PM »
Yes, I've been around and even posted a time or two. Must be everyone is very busy lately.

The weather is turning around in West Michigan. We spent the afternoon Saturday cleaning up around the outside--cutting the hostas down, picked up a lot of leaves (our trees are almost bare) and burning just a little bit of twigs that fell the last couple of weeks. We woke up Sunday morning and the yard is full of leaves again all blown over from neighbor's properties. Ahhhhhh, another round of leaf pickup is in order but I have a feeling it won't get done before the first snow fall which is predicted for later this week.

We worked so hard and long on Saturday that we pretty much skipped lunch and it was late afternoon and I still had not prepared dinner so we did something we rarely do. We picked up Chinese takeout for dinner but chose to eat it at home because we were too tired to sit in a restaurant. My body was so weak from all the work that I wanted to go to bed but then we "gained" the extra hour. To me, I don't feel like I gained anything because the next morning I was awake at 5:30 am which is exactly the time I always wake up prior to the time change (which would have been 6:30 am).  It gets dark way too early in the evening because when it turns dark, I think bedtime. 

The good news is that I had all my meals planned out on Saturday but I just didn't get it cooked so I have a meal plan in place for tonight that I didn't make on Saturday. I have ideas for meals later this week so I'll see if I can remember to get them prepped and cooked!

My son needed a wardrobe closet since his room doesn't have a closet. We saw one at a resale shop 3 weeks ago that was really nice but it didn't have a closet rod but it did have a nice space for hanging clothes and even some drawers for other clothing. So we bought it for $20 and fixed it to our liking in the garage. We tried to take it down the stairs from the garage but at the bottom we couldn't get it around the corner to his room. We had to bring it all the way up the stairs. We were exhausted but after a break, we took it around to the back side of our house and down through the stairs and easily into his room. It look awesome and it fits all that he has and even has room to spare!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats