Author Topic: Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2018  (Read 1116 times)

Offline pamgonzo

Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2018
« on: December 11, 2018, 01:06:09 PM »
Hello Ladies;

I haven't been able to stop in here in quite some time.  Things have been challenging.  Not for me, but for my best friend from HS.  We have been friends for probably 40 years.  There have been times when we were wrapped up in our own lives and goings ons that we weren't in touch except for birthday messages and Christmas cards and the like.  In the past few years, we have reconnected, and I am thankful for that.  In mid October she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer.  After 3 opinions, it has been determined that it is stage 3.  She has 2 lumps that are both cancer, and one is spread into the chest wall.  She is going to start treatment soon that will be aggressive chemo and then a mastectomy.  I have been trying to be there for her as much as I can be, and will be doing whatever I can in the coming months of treatment. I am really scared for her.

Tomorrow we head to Ohio to pick up college son for the holidays.  He has to be back there on the 2nd of January to start baseball practice, so it will not be a super long visit, but I am looking forward to it.  His gf graduates from nursing school Saturday, and then from college on Sunday.  It will be a busy weekend.  We are also going to a Scotty McCreery concert Saturday night with our other son and his fiancee.  I need to start to get gifts wrapped.  I just can't find the motivation for it.

I have loaded baked potato soup in the crockpot for dinner tonight.  Might throw a salad together to go with it.  Before I have to throw away the greens for not using them. (again!)

Not much else happening in my world.  Sorry I have been absent.  Have missed you all.   Hope your holiday preparations are coming along for you all.

Take care.  Will check in again when I can.
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25