Author Topic: Wednesday, December 5, 2018  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
« on: December 05, 2018, 06:20:20 AM »
Knock, Knock, is ANYONE here today?

It is a winter wonderland in West Michigan this morning!  There is a layer of ice on the roads covered with snow so it is deceivingly slippery. It's pretty but one must be very cautious!

I'm surprised at the lack of chatter on the forum. Are we still running? Let's try to keep this going. I'd hate to see it drop off and go away.

Remember the Cosori IP story from a few weeks ago? Well, that IP has really been malfunctioning. I know how to use a pressure cooker so I know it's not user error. It must have a hot spot because it was burning a big spot on the bottom of the inner pot. Then the pressure release knob started to do a fast release on it's own right in the middle of it cooking. It would come up to pressure then all of a sudden it would shoot steam out of the pressure release knob. I contacted the company and sent it back. So I am down to my tried and true and trusted Instant Pot. I love that thing.

Then last week hubby came home from work and said a big piece of something fell off from his van and he ran over it. He thinks it fell of his van anyway. He looked underneath and indeed it was something from his van. He tried to put it back on but the place where it would be mounted was all rusted out so there was no place to attach the piece. It's a very old van and it is really rusted out but it does have a lot of issues with the body. The engine is in excellent shape. So we decided to get a newer vehicle for him. That pretty much did a number on our savings. We tossed the idea of another older vehicle or a newer vehicle but since we have a daughter living 5 hours away and he's retired and I will retire in a few years we decided to get a newer vehicle right now where we can make good and safe use of. We also decided not to sell the other vehicle because we think it could possibly be too dangerous for someone to drive and I don't need that on my conscience.

Other than that we're moving into December looking forward to having our daughter home from Honduras for Christmas. We may or may not see our daughter from Ohio depending on the weather. Her fiancee also works so he might not have time off except for weekends. And they now have to share holidays with both families. We're not big on Christmas gift giving but his family is so they might just stay there and enjoy those festivities.

Let's have everyone leave a comment or two for the whole month.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

Re: Wednesday, December 5, 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 12:02:45 PM »
Hi, Alice.  I am here, but have no good news to report. 

I read all the time, but lately I’ve been attending my one woman pity party so haven’t been posting.

This time of year is always a little tough for me.  The anniversary of my brother’s death is the day after my birthday, then Thanksgiving which is a lonely time because nobody in my family feels like celebrating.  This year was especially bad because my husband is out of work. 

We have gone through all of our savings just to keep bills paid.  I can’t go Christmas shopping for anything.  I have one item on layaway for Emily but I don’t know if I will be able to pay it off. 

On top of all of that, one of my cats tore a ligament in her leg last week and we had to take her to the vet.  We weren’t sure what had happened but she was pulling herself along the floor howling in pain, so not taking her wasn’t an option.  She had x-rays and was prescribed pain medicine.  The X-ray showed the torn ligament and also that she already has arthritis in both rear legs and hips.  She really needs surgery but it’s $3500-$5000.  Needless to say it’s just not in our budget.

We will be ok, I know. I’m just in a bad place now.  I feel lonely and sad and hate feeling like this.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn