Author Topic: Wednesday, December 19  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, December 19
« on: December 19, 2018, 07:47:38 AM »
Good morning!

I have been up for hours because for some reason all my cats have been fighting with each other.  This started around 3:00 a.m. and they’re still at it, hissing and running from one end of the house to the other.  I need a way to separate them.

Can you believe it’s almost Christmas?  It sort of slipped up on me this year.  Time seems to be flying by.  We don’t have big plans to do anything, but we’re having a family dinner Saturday.  My parents rented a lodge at a local park and we are all gathering there.  It will be a combination Christmas/anniversary celebration.  My parents are celebrating 56 years. This time last year my mother was in the hospital and had a stroke on her anniversary.  We almost lost her then, so we are very thankful she’s still with us and we get to spend this time together.

I need to get busy on some housework and baking.  My floors really need some work too. It rained so much last week and rain is in the forecast for tonight that it seems kind of pointless to even worry about the floors, but they are such a mess.

Well, guess I need to get busy.  I hope you have a good day and check in when you can.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Wednesday, December 19
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 05:38:15 AM »
Well, just thought to check here and of course now it's Thursday. But good morning, Cheryl! Your get-together at the lodge sounds fun and I'm glad to hear you can get together with your parents. I remember when your mom was in such bad shape. Happy for y'all.

Christmas is in 5 days? How did that even happen? I feel like it crept up on me. More like ran up behind me. Of course, I probably "should" have been home baking and wrapping last weekend, but was out backpacking over in Arkansas again. I love that place (Ouachita National Forest). So, Earl and I wrapped last night after work. I have a couple items to wrap for him at some point. Today is the first day of Christmas break for the kids. I'm working 12-5 today and 9-5 tomorrow (did 9-5 yesterday, too). Out of the blue yesterday, my boss gave me a gift bag since I missed the work Christmas party Sunday. It had a coffee cup, socks, a decorated cookie, and a card with $100 bill. So, I ordered the new trail runners I had been wishing for (I got blisters in mine the past couple of times I wore them) with part of it.

Well, need to figure out tonight's dinner. And Christmas dinner. :O Hope you all are well.

Catherine