Author Topic: Monday, January 7  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Cheryl

Monday, January 7
« on: January 07, 2019, 07:54:20 AM »
Good morning!

I have been up since 4 a.m. when one of our cats decided it was breakfast time.  Ignoring her doesn’t work and after 16 years of it, I know better than to try to go back to sleep. 

I have Emily back to her school work.  The long holiday break is finally over.  I’m always glad when things return to normal around here.  Since we homeschool we don’t have to follow a calendar, but her friends and cousin attend public school and we took off the same amount of time for Christmas as they did. 

I’m not sure if I have mentioned this or not, but Tony is out of work and we could really use some prayers right now.  He works in construction and this is a slow time of year.  We have been scrimping by for weeks.  I have always tried to be frugal, but lately I have been looking for new ways to save.  I’m trying to stay positive but will admit to feeling a little down at times. 

Guess I better go busy myself with something.  Have a good day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Monday, January 7
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 09:07:46 AM »
Good Morning all:

Cheryl: hope you can grab a quick cat nap since your cat decided to interrupt your sleep!  I will keep your family in prayer for Tony's work. Scrimping isn't easy, especially when you feel like you are already doing everything you can.  Hoping you can stay positive. 

I'm off to a good start to my day.  I slept well (for once!), and now am trying to make a plan for my week.  I did a 25 minute yoga session, so that is a plus.  Went to the gym yesterday after church for a couple miles on the treadmill.  I'm trying to get back to feeling strong and lean. 

Today I need to menu plan for the week.  For once, we will be home every night for dinner, so that is a huge plus for eating healthy. 

Did anyone set any New Year's Resolutions?  I usually take time to think about things, and to choose a "theme/goal" word for the year, but really haven't done that as of yet.  I might still think about that.  I guess it's never too late, right??  One thing I am doing though is focusing on my friends.  I have a group of college friends that are all still really close.  There are 10 of us.  So each month I am choosing one of them to focus on.  I will send cards, notes, texts, and possibly a little gift to them during their month.  I put their names in a box, and drew them out, writing each name on a month of my calendar.  I at least know I will keep up with this, because I would never let any of them down!   Every month will be my hs friend's month while she goes through her cancer treatment and surgery, etc. 
Since I no longer have any siblings (my only brother passed away in 2014), I feel like these girls are all my sisters.  They are the ones I know I can count on.

Would love to hear what all of you are up to today. 
Our weather is very windy and we had some ice/sleet overnight.  Most schools in the area were delayed 2 hours.  Usually that gives the road commission time to get things safe for travel. 

I'm off to get some things accomplished!  Have a great day!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25