Author Topic: Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019
« on: February 12, 2019, 07:10:53 AM »
Good Morning (maybe),

We are dealing with more dangerous weather conditions again today. We basically had no snow until mid-January and what we got more than made up for what we didn't have earlier. This morning the roads are icy, the wind is blowing, and it's snowing with a possibility of many inches of snow. Lots of schools closed again. I'm tired of shoveling, scraping ice off of our vehicles and being cold. Oh, and we're not done yet. There seems to be a system coming through for the rest of the week.

We try to get things done around the house but we mostly end up outside shoveling. And now I see there are a lot of limbs down from our trees in the back yard. Getting groceries is done in the small window of opportunity between storm systems. I ran to the store last night for a couple of things and the check out lines were very looooooooooooooooong. Everyone has to do the same thing so I don't mind waiting in the long line because they all need stuff too.

My son has transitioned out of an employment agency into regular employee of the same company. This means he may quit his second job which was retail sales. He would come home sad every day from retail due to the expectations of pressure sales which he hates. So I promised we would have a celebratory dinner to coincide with Valentine's day. He does not have a significant other and hubby and I don't celebrate these little cute observances but we will have a little dinner to celebrate and we'll have that tonight. Thursday is much too busy for everyone so we'll have a nice little dinner together at home tonight with something special.

Not much else going on in my world except trying to be very safe and warm.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline pamgonzo

Re: Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 09:25:53 AM »
Good Morning Alice and any others who may join us!

Hope you are able to keep warm Alice.  Did you have to go in to work today?  It is just nasty out there.  I know what you mean about the pre-storm grocery lines.  Thankfully, I didn't have to go this go round.  I will need to go get groceries later this week.  However, if I don't get there, I guess we will survive.  There are just some sales that I would like to take advantage of if I can. 

We will be headed to NC in mid March for a baby shower.  I'm kind of wishing it were sooner than that so we could escape this crazy winter!  Dil's cousin had set the date for the shower, and when I checked the calendar, it was scheduled the same day as a surprise bridal shower for son's fiancee.   :-\  That posed a dilemma for me.  What to do??  I told dil, and they ended up changing the date by one week.  That was so nice of them to change their plans so that we could be included.  I am looking forward to both events. 

Not much happening in my world today.  Trying to stay warm and get a few general chores done around here. Nothing too exciting as usual.  On my own for dinner, so I have some vegetable soup going in the crockpot.  Seems like a good thing on a day like today. 

Have a great day everyone, and if you are in this latest storm's path, stay safe and warm!
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25