Author Topic: Thursday, April 18  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Cheryl

Thursday, April 18
« on: April 18, 2019, 06:18:05 AM »
Hello!  It’s been two months since the last post on here!  Where did everyone go? 

Please check in, even if it’s just to say hi. 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: Thursday, April 18
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 08:41:55 PM »
Hi Cheryl! I do stop by to see if anyone has posted - it’s good to know you are still here!

Is anyone else still reading?
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 09:36:35 AM »
I pop in once in a while to see if anyone has posted. For a while, it was only me and Pam, so I stopped.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 06:50:13 AM »
Hi! I have looked a couple of times and not seen anything, so went on my way. Just wondered how everyone is doing.

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 09:09:24 PM »
Hi Alice and Catherine!  :)
Jennie

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 08:51:48 AM »
Well hello everybody! 

I wish we could revive this place.  I miss chatting with all of you here.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 12:40:40 PM »
All it takes to revive this is enough folks to start a new topic every day and tell us what's going on in your world.

I'm willing to be part of a jump start on this forum because I like it. Maybe there is interest in new members to join.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 07:07:25 AM »
I really missed this format at first, but now prefer fb for the ease of sharing pics and actual chatting. :/ But I do miss you ladies. I don't really feel like I fit the demographic I was in when I joined (homeschooling homebody mama) but then I don't really fit anywhere any more. Except maybe in the woods, lol.

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 07:28:14 PM »
Hi Cheryl and Catherine!

Catherine, my life has also changed since I joined this board (and the previous board), but I still like the message board format with posts and replies.

Alice, I will do my best to post more regularly! :)

Jennie
Jennie

Offline Rooney

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019, 09:07:53 AM »

I really missed this format at first, but now prefer fb for the ease of sharing pics and actual chatting. :/ But I do miss you ladies. I don't really feel like I fit the demographic I was in when I joined (homeschooling homebody mama) but then I don't really fit anywhere any more. Except maybe in the woods, lol.

HA! :)I agree Catherine.  Well, I don't belong out in the woods, but maybe out on the farm with the horses, which is where I am a lot lately.  I really enjoyed this forum too, but I actually feel like the demographic of the forum itself is different now.  I don't really fit either.  Not a FB'er myself though, so no real other option.  Starting a new topic each day is a good idea, but when there is no one to reply and converse back and forth with, not too much fun.  Do miss hearing from you all each day, but really miss the days when there were more of us. Not too sure how to keep this going. ???
Lindsay

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 09:06:14 AM »
My life is also changing.  In about a week or so, we will no longer be homeschooling.  I had a hard time with that at first, but now I’m looking forward to the change.  I don’t know what I will do yet, whether I will go back to work or continue to stay home.  (I am a homebody at heart  ;)  :D)

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 09:14:27 AM »
So the summary I'm reading is that at one time, most of us were raising kids and that now some feel that the demographics don't fit anymore. But we all outgrew the raising of little ones! We're all moving into that next chapter of life and for some of you that is college, or empty nesting, or grandkids. I've already moved out of the college kid scene and we're moving into empty nesting and kids getting married and kids with careers. I still feel like I lost a bit of my family with the forum slowly dying. I'm sad. We were such a lively bunch! I don't participate in FB so when this is done, I guess wouldn't have anything.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 10:23:29 AM »
I feel like I still fit and I will be here until I’m left talking to myself. :)

Change is a part of life and I enjoy sharing the ups and downs of mine and learning from all the ones that used to post.  I miss it.  I really wish activity would pick up on here.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 04:29:50 PM »
No, I'm still raising kids and wish I were done. I'm over it. Still have a 9 YO so it will be a while before we get to have an empty nest. Oldest heads to college this fall. I'm just not a "traditional" SAHM any more. Between work and backpacking I feel like I'm not home much at all and really don't give a rip about cooking or preserving or much about house stuff in general. It's more like survival mode for food these days, lol.