Author Topic: Friday May 17  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Cheryl

Friday May 17
« on: May 17, 2019, 06:57:34 AM »
Good morning!

I’ve been up for a while but just now getting around to posting.

I was trying to be quiet because my granddaughter is here for the week, and I thought she was still asleep.  I think I heard whispering coming from Emily’s bedroom so they must be up.  I need to get some breakfast going for them.

I went to Walmart yesterday for the things I needed and stuck to my list.  I did not buy anything for the freezer!  When I did my inventory a few weeks ago I found several bags of vegetables I froze last summer, enough that we don’t really need more for a while.  We haven’t planted a garden this year so hopefully we can eat through what’s in there soon.  We have so much going on around the house and Tony’s working 6 days a week, coming home at night and trying to put a roof on our house, that it just seemed like a good time to take a break with the gardening.  I have 5 plants - squash, zucchini, cucumber, and 2 dill.  That is a huge change for us!

Well, guess I better go see what the girls are up to.  Hope you all have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Friday May 17
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 08:33:39 AM »
Good Morning,

It's Friday thankfully.  I feel like this has been a very long week. My allergies have started this week and not only do I sneeze but I also itch especially in my face. My face becomes swollen and inflamed and resembles poison ivy. It isn't but every doctor seems to think I've been in poison ivy. Not so.

We are going to go through our home and garage out back this weekend and give everything a good purge. I just feel that this has to be done because the garage out back has been a holding spot for storing stuff we probably won't ever use. Clothes that are a bit too small for me and I keep holding on to them. My stomach is distended and all shirts seem to be too small in the stomach area. I don't know what's going on. Hubby just re-did our closet so now is a good time to sort and purge and I want to rotate winter for summer clothes. I need to wash and put away winter jackets. Probably should do the fuzzy warm blankets that are scattered all over the house. Not sure about the comforter yet since nights can be cool yet.

We haven't had a garden in 6 years since we moved to this house where there is no good place to put one. But I do have containers that I like to put herbs in. I need to start looking for and planning for what I want this year. Basil, oregano, cilantro, thyme, rosemary are my staples but I might add more. I want to do companion growing but I need to know which ones like to be grown together.

Dinner tonight is undecided right now. My husband always says "there is always something and we haven't starved yet" though he isn't the one putting it all together. But he is correct that there is always something. I do need to get a few groceries either tonight or tomorrow but nothing for my freezer either--just fresh things and cat food.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats