Author Topic: Saturday, May 18  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Cheryl

Saturday, May 18
« on: May 18, 2019, 10:56:14 AM »
Hello, Alice and everyone!

I meant to post earlier this morning but I fixed my coffee and sat down to read instead.

I’m trying to decide what I want to do today.  I need to do some house cleaning but that doesn’t sound very appealing today, not that it ever does, :) We might go to Lowe’s after lunch to see what their plants look like.  We had not planned on having a garden this year, but I am really missing tomatoes.  Walmart’s plants look terrible and I don’t know of any for sale locally. Oh well, guess we will see.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: Saturday, May 18
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 11:42:46 AM »
Hello Cheryl and all who are reading! Finally some sunshine at our house today. I slept in a little this morning, which was a nice break from the usual routine.

DH and DS are out getting haircuts, while I am doing housework. I just finished the vacuuming, and the washer is doing its job so I thought I'd sit down for a minute and say "hello."

It's dry enough that we can get the mowing done today, and I need to weed the flower beds. All of those weeds are causing me angst. DH wants to spread more mulch, so we will make a trip to the lawn & garden store. I also need trash bags and a few other things. I better write down the list before I forget! Ha ha

Tonight I'm going to look at easy crochet patterns for afghans. I would like to get a jump on some Christmas crafts, and it's been several years since I've made an afghan for my mom. Also, everyone needs stockings, and I'm trying to find a quick & easy crochet pattern. My skill level is definitely "beginner"! :)

That's all the news at my house today. We are looking forward to Memorial Day, but the long range forecast looks like rain at this point. Hopefully that will change.

Have a great weekend!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Cheryl

Re: Saturday, May 18
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 07:59:04 PM »
Jennie, good to hear from you!

I must admit I am not even thinking about Christmas right now! ;D  I need to be smart like you and get a start on some gifts and crafts. 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn