Author Topic: Tuesday, May 21  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Cheryl

Tuesday, May 21
« on: May 21, 2019, 12:06:56 PM »
Good afternoon!

My goodness, the time got away from me today.  I didn’t get to post this morning because I was dealing with a sick cat.  She’s 16 years old and I can tell she probably won’t be here much longer. :'(
She hadn’t eaten since Sunday and I was on the verge of getting ready to syringe feed her when just a few minutes ago I got her to eat some tuna in oil. It’s the only thing that she’s shown an interest in.

After dealing with the cat this morning, I had to run to town for a haircut then back home for lunch.  Emily fixed hers and Maddie’s lunches while I ate a piece of leftover grilled chicken.  In a little bit I will go bring in the laundry from the clothesline and do a little tidying up in here.

Alice, how are you feeling today?

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

Re: Tuesday, May 21
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 12:35:45 PM »
Sorry about your cat, Cheryl.  One of my parent's dogs is acting similarly to what you explained.  Costing a lot at the vet for them lately.  Hope your cat starts doing better.  Also, good job with your getting healthier pursuits.  Slower really is the way to go if you want lasting results and not a yo-yo effect.  Good for you!

I will try and sum up what we are up to these days quickly.  Let's see....homeschooling break for the summer, working on the rental business, I am in the process of getting a part-time at home business up and running, hubby is working long hours at his real job, we are doing outside improvements at home, put in a large garden for the first time since building our house, still working out 5 days a week, and  enjoying outside time with my kiddos. 

I guess that about sums it up for me. 

Lindsay

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 12:49:20 PM »
Hi Ladies!

I still have a lot of rash on my face and some on my arm. Antihistamine isn't really working and I know I need something stronger but I'm prepping for a colonoscopy tomorrow and I don't want to postpone that. I'll just live with the rash for now and deal with it tomorrow afternoon.

My cat has episodes lately as well. For her it is more vomiting all over the place. Sometimes she becomes lethargic and just lays on the floor panting. We've had her for 12 years and she was a young adult when we got her.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 07:39:25 PM »
Lindsay - so good to hear from you!  Sounds like you have been very busy!  Please post as often as you’re able.

Alice - my cat does the panting thing too.  I know our time together will probably be ending soon and I’m sad about it.  We’ve been together ever since she was a tiny kitten.  It’s going to leave a big hole in my heart when she goes.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 09:07:08 PM »
Hello Cheryl, Lindsay, Alice, and all who are reading!

I’m posting late - it’s been another busy day. The school year is winding down, but you would never know it by the weather. I sure am ready for some warm, sunny days. We need to start on some outside work, but it’s always either too wet or too cold. We bought a new storm door, which DH and I will hang. Then we need to decide if the patio door can be repaired or will have to be replaced. I sure am hoping for a repair because the budget is tight and I’d like to wait a year (or more) for a major household expense.

I understand how attached we can get to our pets. We are dog people in our house. I never got another dog after my wonderful black lab passed away 10 years ago. She was such a good dog! Maybe someday when the kids are grown and the house is quiet I will think about another dog, but the timing is not right now.

Alice, I hope your test goes smoothly tomorrow.

Have a great evening, everyone!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!