Author Topic: Wednesday, May 22  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, May 22
« on: May 22, 2019, 05:14:24 AM »
Good morning!

I tossed and turned quite a bit last night and I’m feeling the effects this morning.  I need to get a pot of coffee going.  Maybe a large cup of strong coffee would jolt me awake.

I don’t sleep soundly anymore.  Partly because I was listening for my cat to come get me to feed her, and I guess partly because of my age.  I don’t really know why.  All I do know is I am tired.

Once my coffee kicks in, I want to work in my laundry room organizing stuff on one of the large shelves.  The other day I was looking for a lid to a bowl and made a jumbled mess even worse.  Since my kitchen is small we put up shelves in the laundry room to store some things that aren’t used on a daily basis and it’s also where I keep my microwave and toaster oven.  I need to go through everything on the shelves and put some things in my donation box.  I want to do this early because the laundry room gets hot.  We don’t have AC in there and with three windows with the sun shining in it doesn’t take long to get warm.

Well, I am starting my coffee so I’ll talk to you later.  Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Wednesday, May 22
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 05:19:01 PM »
HI Cheryl!

Better late than never. It has been quite a day and even quite a week.

We had roofers come and fix a leak in our outbuildings and it wasn't quite right so they came back on Monday to re-do a part WHICH WAS EVEN WORSE THAT THE FIRST MISTAKE!  On Tuesday, the project manager came to clean up and pack up stuff and I had to tell him it was done even worse than before. He called some other team members and they had to fix it a THIRD time! I was feeling like we had made a terrible mistake but they really redeemed themselves by seeing that the job wasn't up to their standards and were going to correct it no matter what. I think they get respect for fixing things to all of our satisfaction.

Yesterday and all evening last night I had to prep for a colonoscopy. That went fine but wow do I ever hate the prep that has to be done. I'm exhausted and so very thirsty today.

I haven't cooked now for two days since I was on a liquid diet so tonight I was feeling really hungry. I had put a pork roast in the crock pot this morning before my procedure and I am so glad I did. It was so good. I also had some chicken legs I roasted in my rotisserie for the best fried chicken. I made mashed potatoes, asparagas and teriyaki noodles. No, we didn't consume this all today. I needed four freezer meals for my son who works away on weekends but takes meals along. We needed supper tonight and leftovers for tomorrow. I also made two loaves of bread.

But now my husband is coming down with the flu just from all the stressful things from this week. I still have my rash and should call tomorrow to see my internal med. physician.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: Wednesday, May 22
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 07:27:43 PM »
Good evening, everyone. We just finished dinner (lasagna and salad) and cleaned up the dishes. DD stopped by to pick up a small fan I had bought for her. I am always so happy when the kids can come by, even if it's only for a few minutes. I got a haircut this afternoon. I sure wish I could style it as well as my beautician does! It always looks so nice when I leave the salon, but I can never quite replicate it at home.  :)

Cheryl, I find I'm not sleeping so well, now that I'm getting older. For me, I know that having a lot on my mind is part of it. I'm always thinking about the family.

Alice, so glad your test is done. Hopefully you can get some relief from your allergies. Good for you on being tenacious to make sure the roofers got the job done right.

I'm going to try to read for a while tonight, at least until I get drowsy and fall asleep in my chair.  ;)

Have a great evening!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!