Author Topic: Thursday, May 23  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Cheryl

Thursday, May 23
« on: May 23, 2019, 06:23:27 AM »
Good morning!

I have had my coffee and am now ready to face the day.

My poor elderly cat is surprising me.  A couple of days ago I was certain she wouldn’t make it through the night, but around lunchtime yesterday she got up and showed a bit of interest in food.  I cut up a small piece of meat and she ate that and kept it down.  Later on she ate canned cat food.  This morning she came in the kitchen while I was fixing coffee and drank some water and nibbled around on her food.  I know the inevitable will happen but I pray it will be fast and she doesn’t suffer.

Jennie - I can get my hair cut and leave the salon with what I think is the perfect cut for me, get home and have to wash and style my hair the next day, and wonder where I went wrong!  ;D. I can never get it to look like it’s supposed to.

Alice - glad the roofers fixed their mistakes.  Home improvement projects are so stressful to me.  My husband is in the process of putting on a new metal roof for our house.  The bad thing is, he is doing it all by himself and the only time he has is late evening after work and the weekend.  He works half a day on Saturdays so it’s a slow project.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Thursday, May 23
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 07:44:50 AM »
Hi Cheryl,

I'm wondering about your cat. When we have transitional weather like rainy, drizzly, or anything from season to season our vet said that cats are affected by that and that they get kind of a cold and they just don't feel themselves. It can be treated with an injection of something but I don't know what and after the weather fully transitions the cat will feel a lot better. Your cat sounds like she is going through that. Our cat has done that several times and we even called our kids to warn them that the cat looked like she would die within the day and didn't. Yeah, I know what you mean that it will eventually happen and I'm just not ready for that. We have two cats and the one that is giving us all these problems isn't always nice but we've had her 12 years and she is still part of the family.

Today my husband is sick and I know it all to do with the full week of roofing issues. I feel fine today after my testing yesterday so at least one of us is good to go (except face and arm allergy).

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 08:57:17 AM »
Hi Alice, my cats have been through exactly what you described but this time I think it’s mainly old age we are dealing with.  She is 16 years old and has been declining for a while.  By any chance is the cat you’re having trouble with a tortoiseshell cat?  Your description of her not being very nice describes my tortie perfectly.  She has always been a little, shall we say, opinionated. For the longest, I was the only person that could even touch her but she has mellowed a bit the past couple of years.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 09:07:29 AM »
YES. She is a torti and they are all a bit crabby as that is their nature. She is geriatric as well. She loves to head bump us and rub lovingly against us but if you reach down to pet her or try to play with her she bites but not hard enough to hurt most of the time. We have had a few times where she breaks skin and even bleed and those are the scary days. When she does that we are ready to throw her outside to fend for herself but we know she can't survive out there. She has been barfing a lot lately and it's not just hairball, it's poop. We had allowed her to sleep on our bed and she even loves our headboard but the vomit on us and our headboard is not pleasant so we don't allow that anymore.

The other cat is a pure white cat with orange spots and she is the most loving cat you could ask for.  The two don't get along and they have been together for 9 years. I guess having a happy cat makes us happy so we just leave the other one alone.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 10:33:39 AM »
My oldest cat hates all the others.  The next oldest one is hated by the two younger ones.  Goodness, you’d think I have a bunch of schoolyard bullies by the way they act.  All I know is it’s very stressful with them in the house, but like you said, we can’t just throw them out because they don’t know how to fend for themselves.  My youngest two were raised on a bottle after being orphaned.  One is 7; the other is 4.  I really wish they had a catio or something they could go in for a little while during the day.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn