Author Topic: Friday, May 24, 2019  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Friday, May 24, 2019
« on: May 24, 2019, 07:18:48 AM »
Good Morning,

It's Friday, finally. This has been a very exhausting week. Not so much in what we've done but more the mental stress of lots of things that were happening. The final thing for this Friday is a late day Dr. appointment for my face allergy. It has spread a bit to my chest and I feel something on the left side of my abdomen. It is pretty itchy so maybe I can find something that will help through my Dr.

Last night I tried to make baked beans from scratch in my instant pot. It just did not soften the beans up even after 80 minutes in the pressure cooker. I transferred the whole thing to my slow cooker and set it over night and still the beans didn't soften. The beans look like baked beans with the dark coloring but the beans just aren't soft. I think I have to call this one a fail and throw it all away.  >:(

We had leftovers for supper last night from the previous night which was mashed potatoes, leftover pulled pork and one chicken leg and a side of asparagus. It was a pork roast from Aldi and it was really good. Tonight I have to start from scratch and make something but I'm just not motivated. But I don't want to go out to eat either. Something will pop into my head during the day today.

Tomorrow we hope to clean out the barn/outbuilding and then put items back into place now that the leak is fixed. It will be a dirty job but the intention is to sweep and clean and sort through stuff.  We have a nice faux leather lazy boy chair in the house that we really want to sell. All the mechanisms still work but I replaced it with a slightly smaller chair. I have cleaned out the linen closet and am sorting through bed sheets. My daughter is getting married so we moved her twin bed out and put our queen size bed into her room so when they get married and they come to visit they have a couple's room. We upgraded our mattresses so our room is has new mattresses. My son also is upgrading his twin bed to a queen and his mattress will arrive on Tuesday. Then we will have another twin bed to move out. My other daughter still has her twin bed and she only visits during the summer and Christmas break since she lives out of the country. And, I have another twin frame stored in the basement if we ever need to have an extra bed. I've got a lot of stuff throughout the house that we really need to review and get rid of and I think that's what the weekend will be about.

It will be nice to have an extra day off on Monday. I have big goals for the weekend and I will hold myself accountable to get them all checked off my list.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

Re: Friday, May 24, 2019
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 07:58:09 AM »
Good morning, Alice and everyone.

I’m so glad the weekend is here. Even though I don’t have big plans I always look forward to the weekend. It is really getting hot down here and my husband will be trying to do more work on our roof tomorrow afternoon.  I know he’s going to be miserably hot up there in the sun with it reflecting off the metal. He will need to pace himself and take lots of water breaks.

Alice, could the beans you were using be old?  I have had this happen a time or two and I figured I must’ve bought a bag of older beans from the store. 

Last night for supper I pulled all the leftovers out of the refrigerator and heated them up and repurposed a couple of things too.  We had leftover taco meat, refried beans, and a couple of shells.  That was enough for Emily to have 2 tacos.  I took about a half of cup of cooked chicken and made chicken salad with it.  I toasted some leftover Italian bread and made one and a half sandwiches.  Tony had the chicken salad sandwiches.  Then for Maddie, my granddaughter, I warmed up the leftover chicken nuggets and French fries she didn’t finish the night before.  That used up all the leftovers except for half a can of pork and beans and a hotdog.  I cut up the hotdog into the beans, added some diced onion, barbecue sauce, and a little garlic powder to make homemade beanie weinies for Tony to take for lunch.  I am trying to be better about using up leftovers and repurposing them into other meals.  I ended up eating a couple of Maddie’s chicken nuggets and a tiny piece of leftover steak. 

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: Friday, May 24, 2019
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 11:49:16 AM »
Hi Alice, Cheryl, and everyone stopping by today. We are getting some sunshine today, which is a nice change from all the rain we’ve been having.

I sure am looking forward to the long weekend! No big plans, but it will be nice to relax and spend time together. Even on weekends, it is hard to find “unscheduled” time. There always seems to be so much to do - lists and errands. I don’t know why our weekends have become so full, but it certainly is not relaxing.

Dinner tonight is unplanned at this point, but will probably be spaghetti or hamburger patties.

Have a great day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!