Author Topic: Tuesday, May 28  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Cheryl

Tuesday, May 28
« on: May 28, 2019, 06:55:17 AM »
Good morning!

I’m about to head out the door to run to the post office.  Just wanted to get this started before I leave.  Since Emily won’t be homeschooling anymore, I’ve been selling our books and I have a package to mail this morning.

I’ll check back in with you when I get home.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Tuesday, May 28
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 07:25:57 AM »
Good morning,

I have to keep reminding myself it is TUESDAY to day not MONDAY!

We got a ton done around the house yesterday. I ended the afternoon by mowing the backyard lawn while hubby did the front yard. I trimmed around fences and edges. I tried to read a book late afternoon but it's a tough book and not an easy read so I put it aside for now. The weather got dark and stormy. It rained gently but during the night it rained heavily. My kid lives in Dayton, OH and they got a doozy of a storm with tornado's last night. They say things are OK but lots of damage. Today seems to be overcast and I'm not sure if it is an entire day thing...I'll have to go look at the weather.

We're having a pork roast in the crockpot for dinner tonight. There are some brats and hotdogs left from yesterday but I'll leave those for lunches this week and we'll munch on the pork roast tonight. Not sure what to have with it but I think there are a few potatoes that need to be roasted. Maybe a salad to go with it. I made 20 breakfast tortilla wraps for my freezer. The Ohio kids love those when they come to visit and they finished those off this weekend while they were here. I always have a bunch ready in the freezer but we were totally out. It won't last long but at least there are some.  I could also make english muffin egg/sausage sandwiches which is popular as well. I have steel cut oats in the freezer that I cooked and froze in muffin tins. I take one of those to work for a mid-morning breakfast just about every day. I like grab-n-go homemade style!

Not much else going on today.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 08:21:55 AM »
Out of curiosity, Cheryl, what textbooks did you sell and where did you sell them, maybe even for how much (if you don't mind saying, of course)?  I just acquired some new textbooks this weekend with part of  my new business venture and was wondering. 
TIA
Lindsay

PS. Good Morning Alice. :)

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 10:38:36 AM »
Hi Cheryl, Alice, Lindsay and all who are reading! Today is a little of this and that. I woke up early to get DS on the school bus for his last day of school, and then wrote some emails. I found a rotten potato in the bag sitting on the counter (YUCK), so I promptly cleaned that up and washed the rest of the potatoes. I've got the laundry going and the kitchen cleaned, so I might do some reading or crochet this afternoon.

I've asked DH for a Fitbit for my birthday. It's time to get serious about losing some weight. I'm going to plan some sensible menus that everyone will eat. I don't have time to cook separate meals. Lowering our carbs and increasing our veggies seems like a good place to start. I saved a recipe for teriyaki chicken that looks like something the whole family will enjoy. I'm also going to watch portions more carefully (smaller plates??).

Have a great day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 11:55:26 AM »
Lindsay, I sold them on Facebook in a homeschool group.  They were free to me a couple years ago and I sold the student text and teacher manual for $20.  They were English books (Rod & Staff).
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn