Author Topic: Sat., June 1, 2019  (Read 1560 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Sat., June 1, 2019
« on: June 01, 2019, 08:01:13 AM »
Good morning!
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: Sat., June 1, 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 08:14:39 AM »
Can you believe it's June 1? June is a happy month in our family, with our wedding anniversary, father's day, and a birthday. Lots of celebrating!

I started this morning by grabbing a quick shower and starting to clean our linen closet. It needs some serious decluttering and organizing. I gave DH the most worn hand towels to use for messy cleanups, and that opened up some space. I need some bins/baskets to hold the small things that get misplaced - dental floss, toothbrushes, etc. I'll start at the dollar store because I don't want to spend a lot.

DH and I watched "The Finest Hours" last night about the Coast Guard sea rescue in 1952. There was a bit of language, but otherwise it was very good. I pinned ideas for coffee bars on my Pinterest kitchen board while I watched. Now I'm inspired to fit a little coffee area in to the kitchen! I told DH to break out the tape measure! ;)

I'm off to scramble eggs for the kids and start the laundry. Have a great day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Sat., June 1, 2019
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 03:32:56 PM »
Well, it's late afternoon now and t he day just flew by! We allowed ourselves to sleep in as long as we wanted and then had a later than normal breakfast. After that shopping for just a few things. Then I moved things around in one of my daughters' room. She live outside the country and is coming home for the summer in three weeks. I have her room nicely freshened up.

We made and ate a late lunch early supper around 3 pm because that is just the time I was able to get it ready. We'll be fine for the night. Got laundry done and all the dishes so we'll get to watch a movie.

I feel like we accomplished a lot even though it was slowly done all through the  day. I think we have freshened most of the house in the past week or so and that is nice feeling entering summer.

I told hubby we need a better meal plan for the week to run more smoothly. I at least am thinking of things to make this week so we'll see if I can follow through and actually follow it!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats