Author Topic: Monday, June 10, 2019  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Monday, June 10, 2019
« on: June 10, 2019, 07:29:57 AM »
Good Morning,

It is a wet, dreary, cool day today here in West Michigan. Yesterday was the same with lots of rain but not the stormy kind, it was very gentle.

My husband has finally gotten better from bronchitis and it took a little over two weeks. I was getting a bit worried but then he began to get better. We really just kept low profiles and I did whatever needed to be done so he could just concentrate on getting better.  On Saturday, he felt better and our roads were closed due to a 5k run and a parade so we had to stay home. I dusted our room and cleaned up in there. I asked him to fix my bedside night light that clips on the nightstand. He did a great job and now the clip is so much more secure. After all the events were done and our road opened up we ran a couple of errands and then went to pick strawberries at my mom and dad's house. They are so late this year but they sure are nice looking! 

We ended up cooking a whole chicken in our small rotisserie and had that and strawberries for supper while watching a movie. On Sunday we went to his mom's house for lunch and then I saw my hubby getting tired and he had a tummy ache. We went right home so he could take a nap which tells me he is not yet over his bug. After his nap he still had a tummy ache but this morning he said it was gone. Not sure what is going on with him.

Tonight I'll make something with the leftover chicken and hope to make a meal plan for the week.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

Re: Monday, June 10, 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 11:27:49 AM »
Good early afternoon.

Wow the weather went from hot and steamy yesterday to windy and sweatshirt weather today.  Last of spring before summer sets in for good, I guess.  Well, we aren't doing much today.  We have all been sick for the last week and my voice is now sounding like nails down a chalkboard.  Just that added level of difficulty to the day that I can't stand.  Will try to get in my workout today anyway.  Don't feel really terrible, just sound that way.  Little ones are getting grumpy, so I think it is making its way to them. 

Got salads for the whole family out of the garden yesterday.  The kids said it tastes so much better than the store bought stuff that they want it again today.  Can you imagine, kids actually asking for salad?!  I went out to pick it last night and got caught in the rain that a couple of minutes later turned into a downpour. 

Will work on stuff for the new business venture later on this afternoon, but other than that I probably need to rest.  Seems like my voice will never come back (day 3 of it).

That's all for me.  Going to go drink some hot chamomile tea.

Lindsay