Author Topic: Thursday, August 8  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Cheryl

Thursday, August 8
« on: August 08, 2019, 10:23:09 AM »
Good morning!  It’s morning here for a few more minutes anyway.

Not sure anybody is still around but I wanted to pop on and say hi just in case.  School started today and Emily is going.  It seems a little strange for her to get on that bus after so many years of homeschooling.  I hope and pray everything will go fine this year. 

I have plans to work on all the areas of my house that have been neglected lately.  Today I am washing curtains, cleaning windows, and cleaning out the refrigerator.  I have laundry going and I plan on getting some baking done too.  Maybe I’m not being too ambitious! 😂 We will see how the day progresses.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Thursday, August 8
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 11:28:01 AM »
Hi Cheryl,

I hope Emily's first day goes well and that she loves school. And I hope you enjoy the change as well. You do sound busy!

Catherine

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Thursday, August 8
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 11:34:39 AM »
Hello!

Just had lunch and am doing a few things online before I need to have a nap get to work. It's so stinking hot--got up and started my walk/run at 7 AM. Did a quick 3.6 miles, then came home and showered, and then had to go to Toyota for my 20,000 mile service. I'm actually at almost 21,000 now after this last trip. It's been a traveling kind of year! After Toyota, I went by Target for a few things--have been in there at least 4 times the past few days, getting stuff for Maddy's dorm room, jeans for kids, etc... .  My kids start school tomorrow.

Planning a trip back to the Pecos Wilderness in New Mexico for right before Labor Day. Earl may actually go on this one!I had SO much fun on the recent Gila Wilderness trip.  Also working on planning for some other upcoming trips: a "girls" 4 day backpacking trip in early October and my 223 mile backpacking trip starting October 28.  Then section hiking a 165 mile trail over 4-5 weekends throughout fall/winter, and a trip to Big Bend (yes, again) in January to backpack.

Dinner tonight is baked cod and salad with strawberries and mandarin oranges.

Have a great day!
Catherine