Author Topic: Wednesday, August 14  (Read 2021 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, August 14
« on: August 14, 2019, 06:35:33 AM »
Good morning!

Is anyone still here?  Check in and let’s get back to chatting.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Rooney

Re: Wednesday, August 14
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 08:00:22 AM »
Good morning Cheryl.  I am still here, just super busy.

We started back homeschooling last week, so that is always an adjustment to getting back into the school days routine.  Glad Emily is adjusting well and hope things are still going smoothly for her, Cheryl.   I am still working diligently on building up the home online business.  That is taking a lot of time, but it is growing by leaps and bounds and I am happy with how it is going so far.  My oldest daughter loves helping me with it.  I am thinking because she loves clothes so much anyway, I mean she does change her own like 6 or 7 times a day according to her mood. lol 

Other than school and business stuff, just still working out and trying to keep up with day to day stuff.  May try to do something fun for a change this weekend.  These hot dog days of summer make me feel like I am in a rut and need a change of scenery.  Anyone else get that way?

Hope people stop by more to chat, Cheryl, maybe when it starts cooling off.  Otherwise, it is just talking to ourselves on here.  If I want to have a conversation with myself I can just talk to my teenage boys. LOL

Lindsay

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 10:23:54 AM »
Hey, Lindsay!

I kinda, sorta, maybe miss homeschooling just a little bit, but not going to lie - having time to myself to just think is wonderful.  I hope maybe the change will do us both good. 

Sounds like you have had a very busy summer.  Good to hear your online busy is going great.  eBay, isn’t it? I used to sell things on eBay several years ago but got out of it for some reason or another.  I don’t really have anything of value to try selling. 

It’s miserably hot here.  I am so ready for fall.  I can’t take this heat.  Every time I go outside the humidity just saps me.  Plants are dying, garden’s drying up, pecans are already falling from the trees, and everything is brown and crunchy. It’s terrible.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 10:53:26 AM »
Hi there, Cheryl and Lindsay!

Just playing around online while eating my lunch and thought I'd say "hi". Today was my weight lifting day (typically MWF) but I felt like moving so also ran intervals after getting kids to school. Had to take advantage of this "cold front", haha. We went from 109 on Monday to a high of only 95 today. Humidity is still rough, but it's slightly cooler. Will be right back up in the 100's again shortly.

I went ahead and did Aldi and Sam's runs while out. I need to make three pans of cheesy potatoes for Earl's work picnic on Friday so needed the ingredients. Thought I'd get it all over with today. Was hoping to get my car vacuumed out and do a bit uber this afternoon but I'm kind of beat now so we'll see. Planning to kayak with some friends in the morning, so that sounds fun. Sure missing hiking, but I have 11-12 backpacking trips planned over the next year, including one over Labor Day weekend. Cannot wait for my long trip in Oct/Nov!

Well, think I will catch a short nap and finish putting the groceries away.  Then see from there. Have a great afternoon!

Catherine

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 01:51:45 PM »
Wow Catherine!  You are really keeping busy!  I'm still doing the weightlifting 5 days or more per week and now. fortunately, with ALOT higher energy levels after figuring all that stuff out, but still no kayaking or hiking up endless mountains!  Good for you!

Cheryl, I don't have anything worth selling of my own either.  My inventory is all purposefully acquired for resale.  And yeah it is Ebay, but it is a bit more than just putting a few things on for sale.  Just getting started and the store is bumping 400 items.  Hoping to keep growing steadily.  Although, I don't know that people really shop through the "store" facet, more just items listed on Ebay itself.  I am beginning to think the store is just for keeping items categorized and for lowering my ebay fees every month.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 02:16:22 PM »
Wow Catherine!  You are really keeping busy!  I'm still doing the weightlifting 5 days or more per week and now. fortunately, with ALOT higher energy levels after figuring all that stuff out, but still no kayaking or hiking up endless mountains!  Good for you!

Glad you have more energy these days!