Author Topic: Saturday, Sept. 19  (Read 1573 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Saturday, Sept. 19
« on: September 19, 2020, 01:11:13 PM »
Hi everyone! Not sure who is still reading, but I thought I'd start a new post to see if anyone responds. Hard to believe we have been home for 6+ months. Time is kind of hazy anyway. The kids are in school, with masks and social distancing required. They have some e-learning days now and then, but they definitely prefer in-person learning.

Not much on my to-do list today. Watching college football, doing laundry, and finishing up a pair of knitted wristies to match a scarf for my mom. I have bought a lot of yarn during the pandemic, and I'm sure I'll enjoy using it this winter. I'd like to try knitting a cardigan for myself. I don't know if I can read a pattern that well!!

Sure would be great to see the board active again. Hopefully you can take a minute to say "hi" so we can see who still is reading!

Have a great day,
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Re: Saturday, Sept. 19
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 08:59:14 AM »
I check occasionally and was ready to delete this from my "favorites" bar this morning. I kind of have given up on this since no one posts anymore. For a while I was talking to myself and I might just close this chapter.

My life is different now than it was years ago. I don't have little kids anymore but two adult children still live with us. They live their own life and I make meals for whoever wants to eat them or they are on their own. I like making food so having them join is a bonus. Our son works FT weekends so he is home most of the week but he does his own thing. My daughter is home from her country where she teaches and is teaching remotely. She pops out of her room for lunch and supper but otherwise is busy teaching or making lesson plans. Hubby works part time outside the home and I work FT in my basement when I was sent home to work in March. I am loving working from home. My hubby build both me and my daughter bigger desks so we can be more efficient and I also had him make me an elevated stool for under my desk. I love all the things he made for me.

Not much else in my life.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 09:11:23 PM »
Hi Alice, I know what you mean about feeling like closing this chapter, but I wasn’t quite ready to let it go. :) I have a lot of fond memories of this board and the previous board. It was a friendly place when I was home with little children. Now mine are into their own things (jobs and school). Maybe others will post now and then, and we won’t need to delete our bookmarks just yet.

Hard to believe it’s nearly October. I’m enjoying the cooler weather, but I don’t look forward to the cold and snow. I made chili tonight - I guess I’m eager for Fall.

Hopefully others will join in and say Hi.
Jennie
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 09:12:38 PM by gaggleofseven »
Jennie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 06:34:17 PM »
Hi Jennie and Alice,

I check in once in a great while, and was surprised to see a new thread since I was last here. Many of us are on facebook, and a few of us (from this board) have a private group on there where we post a daily thread several times a week. Just in a different format. You're welcome to join us if you like. Just shoot me a PM with your fb name so I can find you if you ever decide to do so.

My youngest is a 5th grader this year, and the oldest is getting married next weekend; how is that possible?. I work 9-5 three days per week these days, and keep busy backpacking and gardening as hobbies.

Take care,
Catherine

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 09:18:06 PM »
Hi Catherine,

I hope the wedding is lovely! Congratulations to your family!

Jennie
Jennie