Author Topic: Saturday, October 19, 2013  (Read 1364 times)

Offline wrancher

Saturday, October 19, 2013
« on: October 19, 2013, 09:11:44 AM »
Good Morning

After an expensvie day in the city I really didnt buy much for groceries. etc. It was mainly orthodontist! ugh The girls each need a tooth pulled and then start ortho. So will start scheduling next week. So this weekend is sexing calves. That means steer calves and their moms in 1 pasture and heifer calves and their moms in another pasture. This will be the weeekend project along with getting our cattle home from the rented pasture. We are selling calves on Tuesday and preg checking on Wednesday. Busy week! I am going to pick up bountiful basket this morning and will do my volunteering finally. I am making sloopy joes for lunch and not sure about supper. Maybe grill steaks if DD comes home from college to help. I will be cleaning and at some point maybe tomorrow I will be painting down the stairs to spruce things up around here. A neighbor just called and needs DH help this afternoon so I will send over the apples we are spliting in our basket. Better get going I need to gather my baskets. I got the laundry and dishes going so that helps..

Have a great day

Janice

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: Saturday, October 19, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 09:41:32 AM »
Hi Janice! Sounds like another busy day for you!

The morning started out with light rain, but it looks like it's clearing off now. I'm having to pull out some long sleeved tops, and I'm missing my summer clothes already!  :(  Not sure where summer went, but I'm certainly not ready to think about winter yet. I've got to see if the little ones' snow boots and heavy coats still fit. I'm hoping they can wear them a bit longer.

I've been busy this morning with tidying the kitchen, dishes, laundry, washing my hair, and putting on my face.  ;D

My plans for the rest of the day include grocery shopping, finishing the laundry, and finding some time to quilt. Dinner tonight is St. Paddy's Irish Beef Dinner from the Taste of Home website. Yum!

Have a great day!
Jennie

Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Saturday, October 19, 2013
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 07:32:19 PM »
Good evening ladies,

I got the laundry done and put away, got a few groceries, and cooked some chicken.

We had a nice visit with Jonny and Kim and Kim's kids. They are a good bunch of kids and love our son a lot. He loves them like his own, so I feel good about this. I will admit, I was a little hesitant at first. Not sure about our son taking on the responsibility of 4 kids at first, but he is taking it in stride. They all seem happy, so what else can a mother ask. I already love these little kids. So I add 4 more grandchildren to our fold: Seth -11, Arista -10, Rochelle- 8, and Zane -6. I need to find out their birthdays, so I can add them to my list.   ;D Today was Jonny's 25th birthday, so I got to celebrate it with him. Made Kevin and me both very happy.  ;D

Tomorrow we will visit Kevin's mom, then I'm not sure what we will do. We have been working on winterizing things. May continue that. I have a new recipe I want to try.

I was a bad girl today and grabbed a burger at Dairy Queen. I was already paying for it by the time I got home. My knee is killing me. I just have to come to terms  with the fact I can not eat gluten without paying the consequences.  :'( I know from experience, that this will take about 4 days for the gluten to get out of my system enough for my knee to get back to normal.  :( Oh the joys of food intolerances.  ::)

Well, you all have a good day tomorrow.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie