Author Topic: Dare I say it?  (Read 2137 times)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Dare I say it?
« on: October 20, 2013, 03:03:55 PM »
I plan to learn a new craft. LOL While in Joanns today, I found a sock loom. Now all you knitters of socks, please don't laugh at me. I really want a pair of hand knitted socks, but it is so overwhelming to me. So when I saw this sock loom, a light bulb went off. It is normally $24.98, and I would not have paid that for it, but I did use a 50% off coupon for $12.50.  ;D It even came with a DVD on how to do it. I think I may be able to do this. Probably have to wait till tomorrow to watch the DVD. This is Kevin's favorite time of the year cause he loves scary movies. Well, lots of them on today, so I am not going to ask him to turn them  off, even though I hate them.  :o

Now I have so many things I want to do, that I am overwhelming myself again. LOL Oh well, at least I shouldn't get bored.  ;)

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline luv2bmom

Re: Dare I say it?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 06:05:17 PM »
I think it's awesome!!  Please let us know if it's an easy project!

I was at JoAnns today for nearly 3 hours!  lol  I took my time looking through all the clearance fabric, thinking of projects to use the fabric for and it just takes time!  ;)   I spent $54 so I received the 30% off card for next week or so...I plan on getting Lion's Brand Homespun yarn, I saw on Pinterest a beautiful afghan made with a huge size hook (Q) I think, you crochet with 2 strands, all single stitch with 1 stitch to turn and they claim a nice size throw can be done in 6 hours! 

I have the set of niffty knitters, i've made many neck scarves with it!!  Have fun Winona!!!! 

Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 06:40:48 PM »
Pixie,
I have a set of knifty knitters, but they are all round. I, too, have made many hats etc. on them. LOL This loom is small and rectangular. One end is adjustable. I am sure it is not as easy as they say, but I hope I can figure it out.

I have not had my knitting machine out in 5 or 6 years. Kind of itching to get it out. Of course, I will have to read all the instructions over again.  ::) After Christmas, I am hoping to make myself a sweater. Kevin bought this for me for Christmas almost 20 years ago. I have made sweaters for the grandkids, but never myself.  :D I looked at the new ones at Joanns today. They don't look like they have changed at all in 20 years.  ;)

I was in JoAnns for at least 2 hours if not 3. LOL I was having lots of fun and they were really busy today. Can you believe that I never even looked at the clearance fabric? I knew I would get some if I did, so I just stayed away.  :) Dang, I only spent $36 so I missed out on the 30% off card, but I got what I needed. Homespun yarn is so soft. I made a poncho for Carolyn one year. I think I used Martha Stewart's pattern. It turned out really cute. A size Q crochet hook is large. I think the biggest I have is N. Those big hooks really work up projects quickly. I am not so fast at crocheting, so I am sure it would take me longer than 6 hours to do an afghan. LOL Please share a picture when you get it done.

I forgot I made a shawl for myself out of homespun many years ago. I keep it on the back of my rocker. If I am chilly, I just grab it and wrap around myself. It was made with single crochet and is very warm. I turned around and saw it on the back of my rocking chair, so reminded me of that. LOL

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 05:44:20 AM »
We have a HUGE, new shopping center opening up in our county around the first of November.  It has a JoAnn's in it!!!! :D  I am so excited.  I have never been in JoAnns so I just can't wait.  If we wanted anything "crafty" related, all we've had to choose from is AC Moore or Hobby Lobby and those stores are at least 25 miles from my house.  :(  This JoAnns is going to be about 10 miles away, right around the "corner" from my Aldi.  Watch out!!!  ;D

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 06:39:41 AM »
Go Winona, go!  And though I'm a (traditional/DPN) sock knitter, there's no laughter coming from me.  I was knitting for YEARS before I ever attempted socks.  They're scary!  Can't wait to see what I KNOW will be a beautiful finished product :)

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 11:04:24 PM »
That's fantastic!  I can't wait to see your first pair :)
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline calicogirl

• Buddy
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 02:48:33 PM »
That's great Winona! I know you will figure it out, and I can't wait to see your first pair! And by, the way, I hate horror movies too! My girls love them, lol!

Teresa
Teresa in North AL
Married to Greg
Mom to Brandon,Heather,John,Amy,Melanie,Trey and Joel
Step Mom to Peggy
Nana to Elizabeth,Brianna,Joshua, Raylan and Olivia
Fur-mama to 2 dogs and 2 cats
Feather-mama to 2 parrots and 27 chickens

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 01:36:15 PM »
Beth I just have to ask.... what is that dessert that Lainey has? It's making me hungry everytime I see the pic lol  ;D  ;D

Laurie
Laurie
Many hands make light work