Author Topic: Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013
« on: October 23, 2013, 07:00:04 AM »
Good morning everyone,

And where is everyone for the past day and a half?  No one had a post for Tuesday and I thought maybe you all went on a retreat together and didn't tell me. Or has everyone taken a day off? Are you all OK?

Nothing happening in my neck of the woods either, by the way. It's getting colder and more fall-ish and that means that naughty four letter "S" word is coming and maybe even this week!

Time to go hide.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 07:21:03 AM »
Good Morning

We were selling calves yesterday so a long busy day. Today we preg check cows. Start at 10 should last most of the day. DH and I are gonna be soo tired and sore! But will be glad to have it done. Better get started with the laundry and the dishes.

Have a great day
Janice

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 10:40:01 AM »
I've been taking an internet break.  But back to business today lol. 

There is snow in our forecast too, Alice. I just dont think I can be pleased.  All summer I couldnt wait for autumn, now its autumn and I find myself longing for christmas. Terrible of me.  But, I'm getting a real tree this year instead of the artificial ones I've always had and I am a bit excited.

Don't know whats for dinner tonight but I need to get that figured out and I need to get the kitchen straightened. One load of laundry on tap for today.

I need to make something sweet as well. Made that apple crisp the other day and it was wonderful. I think I'm going to make an apple cake today.

You all have a good day!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 11:26:16 AM »
Good morning!

We have been so buy here that I just made it to the new board this past week.  My oldest son has been working on making Eagle Scout.  His project was last weekend.  Now its getting the paperwork in to National and a Board of Review for him.  He is hoping that he may be able to get it all done before his 14th birthday next month.  We will see  :)

We have a new puppy.  A chihuahua, named Sophie.  She is such a good dog!  I really can not believe how great she is.. not yappy, doing well with house training, playful but not obnoxious  ;)  She keeps me busy though.  Its like having a baby again.

Today is my husband's birthday.  I am hoping we can have coffee together today.  If not I may not see him until late this evening.  Our oldest has youth group this evening so I will take him to that and won't be home until after.  His special birthday dinner will be tomorrow. 

Dinner tonight is beef stroganoff soup.

Have a great day ladies!

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 12:10:38 PM »
Good afternoon.

I'm here.  It's just been a hectic, full week and I haven't had time to sit down and compose a post.   :P  We've got a lot going on in our family at the moment.  I can't wait until things settle down.  It's just about too much for this mama.  ;)

I've been killing it with my menu planning these last 2 weeks.  :D  I wish every 2 weeks menu went this smoothly.  I've had every ingredient, everybody has been pleased with the meals and I've had enough for lunchboxes the next day....just wonderful.  I probably just jinxed myself for the next 2 weeks, huh  ???  Oh well....

Tonight for supper is bean burritos made with l/o pintos.  Yum  ;D

Beth

Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 02:56:01 PM »
I am here too.  It's been a runaround week for me and the older I get, the more those kinds of weeks irritate me. :(  I'd rather every day be somewhat the same.  I don't like surprises and I'm a homebody, so going out every day is not something I look forward to.  Well, I sound like a grouch so I'll hush. :D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 05:57:50 PM »
Preach it Cheryl.  ;D

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.