Author Topic: THURSDAY, OCT. 24  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
THURSDAY, OCT. 24
« on: October 24, 2013, 05:57:26 AM »
It's snowing in West Michigan! Enough said.  >:(

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline wrancher

Re: THURSDAY, OCT. 24
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 06:49:05 AM »
Good Morning

Well yesterday we didnt end up preg checking. DH and I were sitting up chutes and getting corrals ready when DHs back is really out. We finished feeding cows and then I took him to Rapid to the chiropractor. Didnt help! He cant sit or lay down. In intense pain. I think I will take him in to our local Dr and get some xrays or something. We might have to go to Rapid again to chiropractor. I just hope they figure out something. We went and bought 500 mg tylenol and ice packs. Poor guy. While I was at chiropractor I went in also as my lower back hurts from moving panels but nothing like DH. So not sure what my day entails. After kids leave I am heading out to feed cows then maybe some bookwork. but I bet it will be heading to Dr.

Have a great day

Janice

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 06:49:34 AM »
Alice- NO snow! You can keep it! HA

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 09:10:42 AM »
Good morning!  No snow here, but there was ice in the chicken waterers this morning.  You can have ALL the snow, Alice.  ;D

Janice, praying for you and your hubby.  Hope he can get some relief, and soon!

It is a cold grey day here.  I really need to dig up the rest of the potatoes, but I just want to stay inside near the woodstove.

I also want to try and harvest some herbs to dry.  I really should have done this already.  ::)

We are taking our white rock chickens to the processor tomorrow.  I feel sorry for them, they don't seem to be liking this cold weather at all.  I do enjoy having them around, but I am ready for them to be in the freezer.  As much as I enjoy raising them, I hate processing day, even though the time it takes to do chores will be cut almost in half without them here. 

Well, I guess I had better get out there and get those potatoes.  It looks like the sun is trying to peek through the clouds.  Maybe it will warm up some. :)

Have a wonderful day, everyone! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 09:19:11 AM »
Good morning,

No snow thankfully, but we had our first frost yesterday. It was cold here this morning, but has warmed up to 45* so far.

Yesterday was such a hectic day for me. I did not sleep well Tuesday night, so I am sure I wasn't at my best. I had to go fix mom's bills and meds for the next month. Oh my, mom misplaced her checks. When I tried to help her find them, I realized mom needs some help with cleaning. Oh my goodness, the clutter in her bedroom is something else. She has so much stuff crammed into her closet that she can't put this season's clothes in there.  :o I don't think she ever throws anything away. (Big Sigh) I need to take a whole day and just help her organize and purge that bedroom. Sure was sad to see my mom slipping.  :( I ended having to call the bank and order more checks. The last time I left that up to mom she ended up ordering Micky Mouse checks that cost $35 a box.  :o So I got her ok and ordered the standard plain checks. Heck she never sees them anyway. I am the one who writes all of them.  ::) So what I thought would take about 1/2 hour to do, took over 2 hours. I had planned to run down to Walmart and pick up my meds, but didn't have time. So I decided to just wait till tomorrow to get my stuff.

I spent the evening last night sewing the binding down on Shadowy Stars. That way, I will have it ready if I need a gift. I hope to finish that tonight. Kevin just bought a new tablet for himself. He got a really good deal and had saved his spending money for a while.  :D Anyway, I have spoiled my honey. He knows I can make him a case for any of his equitment, so never buys the overpriced cases/covers. LOL So he has asked me to make a cover for his new toy. Looks like that will be on the agenda today.  ;) Also need to work on a grocery list.

My knee is feeling better, but I think I will hold off on exercising until next week. I do not want to get it stirred up again.  :( I will probably do Richard Simmons all next week. He does low impact aerobics on his videos, with no lunges or squats. My knee just won't take those right now.  ;)

You all have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 11:26:53 AM »
Hi ladies,

I've got my errands done now waiting for dh to wake up, we have dinner plans...

Yesterday our granddaughter was playing in our basement playroom when dh noticed a bit of water on the concrete floor (this is the unfinished side) he realized pretty quick it was coming from my washer upstairs...dh took the panel off and there is a weepy drip from one of the connectors, he thought putting silicone on it would help but I did a load this a.m. and it's still dripping.  My washer is over 10 yrs old and it's been a good one.  Dh said lets get a new set!  I'm so excited!  I've been reading reviews and decided on what i'm getting.  Plus their in stock!!  woohoo!

It's turing cold fast in Ohio, we have had a fire every night this week and I kept it going overnight as well.  So glad dh has our winter supply of wood all done.  We are working on getting wood split to take to my parents soon.

Hope you all have a good day, i'm getting sleepy waiting for dh to wake up....and I just had a big cup of coffee, oh dear!  take care!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 12:12:02 PM »
...I did a load this a.m. and it's still dripping.  My washer is over 10 yrs old and it's been a good one.  Dh said lets get a new set!  I'm so excited!  I've been reading reviews and decided on what i'm getting.  Plus their in stock!!  woohoo!

Oooh!  What are you getting?!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 05:30:08 PM »
Hi Mandy!

We chose an LG front load set, front load!  I'm so excited Coby will pick them up tomorrow morning!!
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 07:25:29 PM »
Hi Mandy!

We chose an LG front load set, front load!  I'm so excited Coby will pick them up tomorrow morning!!

Pixie,
Make sure you get a warranty!  We have had our LG set for a year and used the warranty twice.  On our Maytag set, the warranty got used like 4 times in the first year. (I need 2 sets as I do about 6-8 loads a day).  With the warranty all these repairs were free, without one and the repairs are almost as much as a new machine!  They just don't make appliances as well anymore I guess.  :P  Whatever the warranty costs, it is worth it!! ;)

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 05:14:14 AM »
Ooooh, so exciting!  I know you're thrilled.  Any leads on selling the old one(s)?  I saw your post on Facebook.

Also, I second the warranty.  We paid for the extended warranty (5 years, I think, instead of the standard 2) through Lowes where we bought our set, and while we haven't had to use it, I'm glad to have it there.  I think we used a 10% off coupon on the set anyway, so it ended up being close/under the regular price anyway, even with the extra warranty.

Can't wait to hear how you like it after you do that first load!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 07:26:24 AM »
uh oh, we passed on the warranty!  After reading the LG's rated a 4.8 on a scale of 5 and the manufacturers offered warranty I said no!  I hope I don't regret it!

My last machine I did purchase the additional 5 yr and never once had to call....I guess it's all hit and miss..:) 

I will let ya know how it washes!!! 
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
mil to Warren and Marcus