Author Topic: Friday, October 25th, 2013  (Read 1904 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Friday, October 25th, 2013
« on: October 25, 2013, 06:50:41 AM »
Good morning!

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Friday, October 25th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 06:58:13 AM »
I'm sort of hit or miss on this daily thread these days, but I usually at least read it at some point.  I like keeping up with all of you.  Thursdays are nuts around here.  It's our usual day to go hiking (now that the wildlife refuge is open again with the shutdown over).  Keepers and Contenders are also on Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 twice a month, then soccer starts about 2:45 and goes to 4:30.  At 4:45-5:45 or 6, Mallory has extra clogging practices for her clogging class.  After I took her to that, I took Maddy, Max, and Morgan home and Micah and I ran to get gas in the van, and go to Target for some
buns for our dinner.  Earl has class on Wednesday and Thursday nights this time around.  Needless to say, I slept well last night!  :P

Anyway, today is mostly at home.  I do need to go get dog food at some point from TSC.  Also, we had a mix-up about jar usage from our milk guy and thought HE did not want to use them anymore so I didn't take any out this week.  So he asked where they were and now I need to drop some off for him to fill for Tuesday.  It's not a bad drive, very pretty actually, out in the country, but will take me close to an hour because of where it is.

I'm trying to work on "small" declutter projects all over the house.  Wednesday was my wall organizer where I keep bills and "to do" stuff as well as my kitchen drawers on the side away from my work area where I store dish cloths, have my junk drawer, etc... .  There is a corner of my living room I'd like to work on today.  I gave a school desk from that area to a friend this week and need to rearrange over there.

Today is our 3rd day of C25K training.  We plan to do that right after Earl gets home from work to get it done.  Dinner tonight is homemade pizza.  Earl and the boys are going to the high school football game with a friend.

Have a great weekend!
Catherine

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 07:54:08 AM »
Good morning!

Catherine - Reading about your Thursday makes me tired!  I remember those days.  Things are much quieter around here now which has it's good and bad points.

It is an at home day for me.  Yeah!  It is very cold here this morning so Mindy and I are snuggling on the couch under a blanket.  I refuse to turn on the heat before November 1 especially since we don't have the money yet for our oil delivery.  It is supposed to get warmer over the weekend and stay that way so I only have to make it until tomorrow afternoon!

Doug has to work tomorrow morning which is good for our bank account but we would both rather he be home.  It will help with the bills and Christmas though and he should be home before lunchtime.  We don't really have anything planned this weekend.  Doug has to do a few things around the house to prepare for winter and I have to switch out our clothes.  The girls are going to lunch on Sunday with my in-laws.  Doug and I may go out for a cup of coffee/tea but I am not sure about that yet.

Dinner tonight is quesadillas, leftover corn pudding and homemade jalapeņo poppers.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Denise

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 08:34:45 AM »
Good Morning

DHs back seems to be a little better. He is out in tractor and kids are helping him so I am free. HA Off to pickup DD from basketball practice 8-10. She spent the night with a friend so I just have to pick her up. I have lots of errands to run though.  So I am off to do that and come home and use up bountiful basket stuff

Have  a great day

Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 08:38:20 AM »
Good Morning

DHs back seems to be a little better. He is out in tractor and kids are helping him so I am free. HA Off to pickup DD from basketball practice 8-10. She spent the night with a friend so I just have to pick her up. I have lots of errands to run though.  So I am off to do that and come home and use up bountiful basket stuff

Have  a great day

Janice

Glad to hear your dh's back is some better...back pain is the pits.

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 09:37:50 AM »
Good morning  :)

Evan and I just got back from running errands.  Today was an easy day in town since I didn't have to go to TSC or Wal*Mart.  We went to the bank, Aldi and Food Lion for our groceries and that was it!! 

Sam got our woodstove up and running and it's 81* in our living room right now.  WOW!!  It's a little toasty  :D

This afternoon I would like to get the house straightened up, fold yesterday and todays laundry and get it put up, get all the groceries put away and I have to get Lainey from school at 2:30.  Today UPS is suppose to deliver a gate that Aaron ordered from Amazon.  We are going to use it to block off the woodstove so Evan and Holden can't get close to it.  We'll need to get that installed ASAP.  Last winter Holden had just started walking so it wasn't too big of a deal.  We were able to rig up a barrier that he wasn't able to get through or over...this year it's a totally different story  ;)

Gotta scoot....I have refrigerator stuff that needs to be put away and with it being 81* in the house, that probably needs to be first on the priority list.  ;D

Have a good afternoon.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 10:19:45 AM »
Goodng morning everyone.

Catherine, I read about your Thursday and now I need a nap!

Denise, I hear you about the furnace.  We just turned ours on this week, but we keep it at 61.  We do have two wood stoves, but I am trying not to burn much wood.  We have quite a bit cut and split, but probably not enough for the whole winter.  We are trying to use wood from our property and not buy more, but we may have to break down and buy a cord. :(

Beth, 81 sounds so wonderful!  Glad you are getting that gate, we never had a wood stove with toddlers around but I would think it would be very challenging to keep them away from it.

Janice, I am so glad to hear that your hubby's back is better. :)

We took our white rocks for processing this morning.  Definitely not my favourite chore!  I will need to go to the bank later, and probably the grocery store. 

Have a great ay everyone! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne