Author Topic: Sunday, October 27, 2013  (Read 1694 times)

Offline wrancher

Sunday, October 27, 2013
« on: October 27, 2013, 07:53:14 AM »
Good Sunday morning to ya!

DH bought a load of calves last night that we will feed and sell around January. I was so tired so after the truck came and unloaded I went to bed. Today is getting ready in case of the change of precip. Possible snow again tomorrow. We are headed to get our cows off the rented ground and bring them home by trailer loads. Then we are gonna vaccinate the calves we just brought home. Will be a long day but so much easier than doing it in the snow and more mud. I have to keep working on bookwork as we go to accountant on Thrusday. I am in August. ugh and I am putting it all in quicken and still will have to switch it over to the new computer program soon.

DDs basketball tourney went good. They all played great. The teams we played were at the end of their season and this was our first game. We played a 4th grade  game for fun as this was a 5th grade tourney. They tied and we left it like that. Makes it fun!!

Well better go figure out what to make for supper. Nothing deep fried. I made finger steaks the other night and they were way to rich plus we dont eat a lot of fried foods they make you feel so blah.

Have a great day in Jesus!

Janice

Offline gaggleofseven

Re: Sunday, October 27, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:55:28 AM »
Hello Janice and all who follow.  :)

I'm enjoying coffee and sunshine this morning--a great combination! I'm browning ground turkey to put chili in the crockpot for dinner tonight.

Today I want to cut fabric squares for the no-sew Christmas ornaments, and also for a blouse if I have time.

Have a great day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 12:04:58 PM »
Good afternoon friends.   ;D

I just got sat down after coming in from church, fixing baked spaghetti with the l/o spaghetti from last night for lunch, browning cube steak and getting it in the crock pot for supper and cleaning the kitchen.  Whew!  I need a rest! Lol

The rest of the afternoon will probably be spent outside with the kids.  I have some wood to stack and 2 loads of clothes on the line that I'll need to get in.  Sam is piddling in the garage so I'll check in on him too.  After supper we'll watch The Amazing Race. 

I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.  Have a great evening.  :D

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 02:34:17 PM »
Good afternoon ladies,

I have the laundry done and all put away. We have a stiff wind, so things dried fast.  ;) MIL was not good today. She looked kind of out of it and had lots of trouble talking. It is stressful to visit with her when she is like this, but we try.  :(

I think I told you about Kevin saving his spending money to buy a new pad. Well, he ordered a white one, but when it came it was pink. I felt so bad for him. I will give him this, he tried, he really did, to use it and like it, but he just couldn't get past it being pink.  :o  Kevin is definitely a man's man. Never had anything pink and probably never will. LOL. Anyway, he finally just gave it to me and said Merry Christmas early. LOL I played around with it for a bit and I think I am going to love it, but I felt so guilty. So today I went to town and bought him one, only in black.  8) He is over the moon happy with it. Life is too short to struggle over something like this.  :) I know this was a lot of money, but we are calling them our Christmas gifts to each other. Since I don't intend to spend much if anything on gifts this year, we are still coming out ahead.  ;D I never thought I'd ever have so many electronic gadgets. LOL I am becoming a regular geek.  ::) Now I need to not spend so much time playing on my electronic toys and get with the Christmas gift making. Mom informed me Wed. when I visited her that her place mats are getting really worn and she needs another pair. LOL Oh well, that is an easy gift to  make.

I also took this wild notion and decided to buy a bottle of wine. I enjoy an occasional wine cooler, so figured why not. I have only tasted wine a couple of times in my life and haven't had any for many years. Well, I got home only to find we didn't have a cork screw.  ??? :-[ After digging around over at the old house Kevin found an old beat up one. So he opened my wine for me. Well, yuck. I did not like it at all. It definitely does not taste like wine coolers. Ooooh with shivers. I drank a small glass down, but if I had to guess I would say there will still be wine in the fridge at New Years. LOL  So much for my career as a wine drinking lady. LOL  :P

Now I need to make myself a cover for my new pad. Just like Kevin didn't want a pink pad, I don't want a boring denim case for mine. I want something colorful and girly. LOL Talk to you all tomorrow. Have a good one.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 06:44:39 AM »
Winona, was it a dry wine?  I was the same way until I discovered sweet wine this year (by way of communion at the Presbyterian church, lol).  Totally different stuff.  :D  Also, elderberry wine is wonderful if you run across that.  Sweet and delicious.