Author Topic: Tuesday, October 29th, 2013  (Read 2560 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Tuesday, October 29th, 2013
« on: October 29, 2013, 05:23:34 AM »
Good morning!

Where is everyone?  I know I'm not the early riser around here.   ;)  However, I am up and dressed and (mostly) alert because Maddy has a 7 AM orthodontist appointment.  Though I don't love them that early, we take them then if they offer because Earl can stay with the younger kids and only miss 30 minutes or so of work (unless it's a longer appointment) which he made up ahead of time by staying late last night.  Anyway, Maddy got her 3rd (poor girl) palate expander on 2 weeks ago so this is just a check of that.  In moving things, a reluctant baby tooth has finally come out, and I think another will as soon as space allows.  The very last one is just trapped between two teeth to where she can barely wiggle it at all so has hung around a long time.

Aside from the orthodontist, I think we're home today.  We'll do our C25K stuff this evening with Earl.  I want to work on organizing a couple more areas (the whole house, really, but baby steps) for more efficiency and, of course, decluttering AGAIN (it never ends with kids, lol).  I am also hoping to get my garlic planted today and possibly make a batch of soap.

Dinner tonight is pork chops, roasted brussels sprouts, possibly fried taters for the kids, and maybe some asparagus I need to use up quickly.  I'm doing a biggest loser type challenge with the Trim Healthy Mamas of Oklahoma so really need to buckle down this next 9 weeks.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline Cheryl

Re: Tuesday, October 29th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 06:14:26 AM »
Good morning, Catherine and everyone else. :)

I'm sitting here drinking my coffee before getting started on my day.  I don't have anything exciting planned, just the usual household chores.  This will be another at home day, which I love.  I don't plan on going anywhere or spending any money.

I'd like to get a few things accomplished today, namely the decluttering of my desk, painting my bedroom door, and putting away a mountain of laundry.

Supper tonight is Santa Fe soup.  I'll get it in the crockpot soon.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 06:24:16 AM »
Good morning  :D

The sun is shining!!  I feel so much better on sunny days.

Today I am taking the boys to Family Connections which is a playroom that is sponsored by our Public school system and Smart Start.  A friend of mine is taking her granddaughters which are about the same age as my grandsons so it should be a fun morning.  Aaron worked last night and is sleeping this morning so if we're gone, the house will be quiet for him. 

I have a load of laundry in the washer that I'll get hung out, pack diaper bags, get us all loaded up and hit the road.  We're suppose to meet Becky at 9. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday.

Supper tonight is bacon or sausage,biscuits and an oatmeal buffet.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 06:46:08 AM »
I'm here too!  It was our first 4:30AM morning in a while, but it felt good to get up early again. I stayed up, and have been working since Jean left. 

Just a few things to do around the house today, then I have a meeting with our pastor tonight at 6PM, then a 'Vision Team' meeting immediately after.  To be honest, I'm kind of dreading it  :-\.  The church is trying to appoint me as their communications director (a huge responsibility, and not much has been done with it for a while, so it needs a lot of work), and I'm just not comfortable taking on such a big task as a volunteer, partially because this is what I do for a living.  I serve in a variety of other ways and am thrilled to do so, but I'm not sure that I'm comfortable 'fuzzing' the line between my work and my service.  They have gotten so good at appointing lay persons to meet the needs of the church, that they now have a reputation of bleeding people dry if allowed.  Wow, that was an unexpected rant :).

Anyway, not much else happening on our homestead.  Dinner tonight is homemade pizzas.

Have a wonderful day!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 08:14:52 AM »
Good morning, everyone!

Not much going on here either and, as most of you would be, I am happy about it!  I have washed and hung up all of the sheets, make a shopping list for Trader Joe's, took down two large baskets of clothes and folded them and put another load in the wash.  I also washed the last of the long hots from the garden and have them drying on the counter so I can pop them in the freezer.  Once the washer stops, I have to hang up those clothes, take down the last of the clothes in the basement and fold them and wash and hang up two more loads.  I also plan on switching out the bathroom towels to wash tomorrow and may make up some more applesauce and jelly.  I bought a half bushel of apple seconds last week and am still working on them.  Thank goodness apples last longer than peaches!  Other than that I have a bit of reading to do and still have to clean and straighten up the kitchen a bit.

Dinner tonight is eggs, fried potatoes and applesauce.

Catherine - Why has Maddy had so many expanders?  I thought they only put those in once and then moved on to the next stage of treatment.  The poor thing - they are pretty uncomfortable.

Have a great day!

Denise

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 08:24:19 AM »
Denise, I really think the pediatric dentist did his prematurely.  :(  I wish we'd have gone to the orthodontist sooner and that probably would have saved her one round.  The second one was done by the orthodontist over the past few months but she still had these baby teeth (and others) so he held off on the braces a little longer.  Plus, we weren't sure what was up with Earl's job and didn't want to get the braces started and a big chunk of money paid out only to lose our insurance and move and have to start over with another orthodontist.  When we finally had the money to move ahead and seem to be staying here at least awhile longer with our good dental insurance, her teeth had shifted back some so he went ahead and put on another one.  He will leave this one on for a bit (that's what we were told this morning) even after the braces on so she shouldn't need another one after this one at least.  If things need to move again, she'll just start turning again.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 08:42:45 AM »
Good morning ladies,

It is raining here this morning. I love a rainy day. Then I can play in the house without feeling any guilt. LOL Not that the guilt wins out anyway.  ;) Yesterday, I got the oil changed in the car, did a nice walk, and picked up 4 five gallon buckets of walnuts. I worked outside till the stupid bean bugs started attacking me. I thought we were going to skip those nasty things this year, but I guess not.  >:( Spent the afternoon cleaning and the evening quilting on the Scrappy 36 patch quilt.  :)

I tried a new recipe last night and really like it. Before going to bed, I put the ingredients for Crock Pot  Steel Cut Oats and Apples in my crock pot. I put it on low and let it cook till about 5 when I got up to go to the bathroom. Oh, it is so yummy. Tastes a lot like apple pie only not as sweet. I put 1/4 cup of Fage plain Greek yogurt on top. Really enjoying this, this morning and have enough for breakfasts for the rest of the week in the fridge.  ;D

Not much on the agenda today since it is raining. Supposed to rain through Thursday so maybe we will catch up on some moisture. Poor Buddy is not a fan of rain. LOL I try to catch it between showers for him to go out to do his business.  When he was a puppy he was trained to used a pad, but now they insult him. LOL

You all  have a good day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline wrancher

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 08:58:59 AM »
Good Morning

You are all on bright and early. Although it is not bright here. On my last night to church it got really snow and when I came out I probably had 4" on my vehicle. THe roads were snow packed and very icy. Father came in towards the end of our meeting and had run off the road and had to be pulled out and he was driving 40. I didnt go over 40 as you would fishtail. Took forever to come home. I took kids in this morning and it is foggy and extremely icy. No travel in some areas just not ours for some reason. So helped dh get his horse caught to go help his brother load calves for the sale today. So I am home  all by myself  :D ;D An at home day and maybe today I will finish the bookwork. Yesterday I did odds and ends of things so I really need to get this stuff done. Well off to find some more coffee and figure out what to put in crockpot.

Have a great day ladies
Janice

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 09:17:57 AM »
Catherine - That all makes sense.  When Molly had hers taken off, the orthodontist gave her a retainer to keep her teeth in place.  She only had to wear it at night.  Hopefully, it worked because we are getting ready to have her second set of treatment started.  We also hope we still have some coverage left in our insurance policy so the amount we have to pay out of pocket won't be as high.

Denise

Offline wrancher

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 09:49:44 AM »
Denise  What are the long hots from your garden?

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 11:24:42 AM »
Janice - long hots are an Italian hot pepper which are long and think hence the name "long hots"!  😄

Denise