Author Topic: Wednesday, October 30, 2013  (Read 1864 times)

Offline wrancher

Wednesday, October 30, 2013
« on: October 30, 2013, 06:32:46 AM »
Good Morning

Well another at home day during school hours but seem to never just stay in house which would be nice for catching up. I did get most of bookwork finished. Will put in recent checks and print it out. Need to clean on kitchen. Nothing real exciting

Have a  great day

Janice

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
Re: Wednesday, October 30, 2013
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 06:50:52 AM »
Good morning Janice  ;D

Today is a stay at home day for me too.  Yea!!!  Evan is already back asleep and Holden and I have been outside trimming back the monkey grass.  I have my second load of laundry washing and I'll hang it out as soon as it's finished.  I have a load of towels to do too.  They're calling for rain tomorrow so I want to get as much laundry done as I can.  I'll go get Lainey at 2:30 from school and then we need to be at church at 5:30 to help prep for our Fall Festival that will be tomorrow night. 

Supper tonight is chicken noodle or rice soup.  I have the chicken cooking now. 

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 06:56:43 AM »
Good morning, Janice & Beth.

Add me to the list of staying home today. 

I also have a lot of laundry to do before the rain gets here.  I'll be working on that and putting away the loads I did yesterday.  I want to finally get my desk cleaned out.  I've had it on my to-do list for a while now, but something always seems to come up and I put it off.  Today's the day. ;)

Supper tonight is something with smoked sausage....maybe sausage with sauteed onions and peppers on tortillas. 
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 07:21:42 AM »
Good morning!

I have already run to Trader Joe's so, other than getting Molly after art club, I am home today.  I have a load of laundry to wash and hang up and may also wash Doug's running clothes if there is room to hang them.  I also plan on making some applesauce and apple jelly and need to get dinner in the crockpot.  I need to make rolls for dinner, too.  Kitchen clean up is on my list again as usual.

Today is Corey's 21st birthday!!!  How can I be the mom of a grown-up?  When did that happen?  I texted him last night and this morning and will be talking to him later today.  He is at work now but said his class for today was cancelled so he will have time to call.  I wish we could see him but at least I can talk to him.

Dinner tonight is BBQ chicken sandwiches, salad and green beans.

Have a great day!

Denise

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 07:41:59 AM »
Good morning ladies,

I'm staying home today too!  That is until dh wakes up and we're heading to ddAmanda's house, they have gutted their kitchen in preparation for their new cabinets.  Dh is building a half wall where a set of lower cabinets will be put.  The redesign will give her much more needed storage and counter top space.  Plus it will be a open concept kitchen!  She is very excited!

Over the weekend I bought a 24x36 self healing mat from JoAnn's as my smaller one is getting worn out! So last night I carried another 6 ft table downstairs to put my cutting mats & small ironing board on. The other is for my sewing machine.  I'm going to move furniture around and have a nice sewing area for myself! 

I guess I better get started on some chores, it's a pretty day today and the sun is out.  Hope everyone has a good day....take care

Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 08:15:08 AM »
Morning Ladies!

It's an 'at home' day for me, too.  Well, at least until we go to church for Men's Chorus and then Sanctuary Choir practice tonight.  We were up again at 4:30, and since we have to be out tonight I went back to bed for a bit, but ended up sleeping until 9AM  :o!  Not my intent... 

On tap for today I've got a load of rugs in the wash that I'll hang outside, and I need to thaw some chicken for dinner (egg drop soup with shredded chicken).  I need to vacuum the floors and swish the bathrooms.  Also, I was hired by a local kidney donation fund to clean up their web presence, so I'll work on that today as well.  Not a bad day overall!

Hope all of you have wonderful days on your homesteads!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 10:18:00 AM »
Good afternoon!  It's an at home day for me too.  I have got a load of laundry on and the kitchen cleaned.  I still need to get in the garden and get the last of the veggies.  All that is left out there is onions, turnips and chard.  Once that is done I can let the chickens in there, they like to pick at weeds and whatever leftover tomatoes and such they can find.  I need to organize the pantry a bit more so I can fit in these veggies and the potatoes I have already dug.  I hope it will be cool enough in there to store them without them going bad.  I will freeze the chard.

Dinner tonight will be stir fry, rice, and some sweet and sour pork that I have in the freezer. 

Hope everyone has a great day! :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne