Author Topic: November 1, 2013  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
November 1, 2013
« on: November 01, 2013, 07:09:54 AM »
Happy November, everyone!

What a night last night.  There was a lot of wind and things blowing around. I woke up at 2 am with a burst of powerful wind but then after a few minutes I was able to get back to sleep.  Each year we transition this exact same way from fall to the next season.  I'm not terribly liking rain nor wind but it is the way it is.

Don't forget to set your clocks back before bed tomorrow evening. It was a bit of a surprise to me that it was time to do that again.

Hoping the get some homemade pizza made for supper tonight. We're doing the no knead bread dough turned into pizza dough for that so I have the dough setting already.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Alice
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 07:21:14 AM by Alice »
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
Re: November 1, 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 07:17:45 AM »
Good morning friends.

While Evan took a catnap Holden and I picked up all the toys in the yard and got the porches and deck cleaned off.  I've even got my lighted Jack o'lantern put away for another year....on Nov. 1!!!  It's a miracle!!  Usually I forget about it and leave it on the porch until I need the drop cord to plug in my Christmas wreath.  ;D

I have my second load of clothes in the washer but I'm waiting until it clears up some to hang them out.  Our local tv station said that by 11 it is suppose to be clear....weather.com says t-storms at 11.....so who knows.  ::)

Since I detest making pizza dough and my family likes pizza, we are compromising by having pizza quesadillas tonight for supper.  I'll make a tossed salad to go along with it.  I will make the pizza sauce in just a bit. 

Have a great day!!

Beth
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 07:18:43 AM by mooremama »
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 07:22:12 AM »
Good morning!

It's a beautiful day here after the dreary one we had yesterday.  The sun is shining and there's no wind.  I walked around the yard a little earlier this morning picking up stuff that had blown around.  I hope to get out there this afternoon and pick up some pecans.

I've got lots on my to-do list this morning - school with Emily, general housecleaning, laundry, and whatever else comes to mind.  I want to pull everything out of my pantry and scrub down the shelves, then arrange things in a better way.  I have a habit of just tossing things in there to get them out of my way sometimes and quite a bit of shelf space is being wasted.

Supper tonight is homemade pizza and salad. 

Hope everyone has a great Friday! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Cathie

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 07:31:50 AM »
morning ladies ~

I have spent too much time on the computer this morning so I need to get my butt moving  ;)

I am cleaning the house today and doing laundry. 

I also need to finalize my plans for tomorrow's party - I'm giving myself I am not in Paris this year party  ;) 8) so of course french food all around  ;D  I need to make a list of what I still need - (not coming of out of my grocery budget either  ;D) I will run to local stores and buy the last couple of items.

I need to make pizza dough and get dinner on the move also.

I am blaring the french music and it's time to get this day started.  Have a great day everyone  :-* :-* :-*

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 10:53:05 AM »
Good morning, for a few more minutes, anyway!

Went ahead and got my commissary trip over with this morning even though I still didn't want to.  :P  But I put on my big girl panties and did it.  Also ran by the PX to look at their clothing.  Micah is needing some long-sleeved shirts and I haven't found much to fit him so far but picked up two of them there.  Also found Mal two clearanced shirts, one for now and one to put up for spring.  And envelopes...we were out. 

Came home and separated the camping foods out into a box so it's ready to go.  Needing to get my garlic planted so I may work on that this afternoon.  I am feeling really discouraged lately.  Not necessarily any "good" reason, just everything adding up.  I find it hard to keep on top of the homeschooling as well as the house stuff now that I have four kiddos "officially" schooling.  We have very full Mondays and Thursdays but I don't want to cut all the kids activities.  And I want to do more with the garden to help the food budget, but that's another time sucker.  Some days I wish I could just have my house blitzed by an organizing professional, then have a fresh start simply maintaining and doing schoolwork and cooking.  I know, I know, real life doesn't work that way.  Everything is just feeling in need of a total overhaul in the organizing sense right now and I don't know where to start.  Anyhow, moving on....

Dinner tonight is some sort of pork stir-fry that I will make up as I go.

Catherine