Author Topic: Monday, November 4, 2013  (Read 2964 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, November 4, 2013
« on: November 04, 2013, 06:45:21 AM »
Good Morning

Well we are up and at em. The kids dont go into school till noon as there is a funeral for 1 of the teachers DHs in the morning and they wouldnt have enough substitutes. I need to go work the lunch for the funeral from 9-11 for our church. I got my new washing machine in (with dds help) and so I want to take it to get the old one repaired. First I need to see where and when I purchased it.  DH and ds are getting ready for hay grinder to come so hauling bales closer and the rest of the kids are moving some cows around. So much for their morning to sleep in. HA We cant wait for things to slow down around here. We got our preg checking done but need a guy to come recheck about 50. A young neighbor kid came and ultrasounded so just want to make sure the 30 he said were late if they were that late or if  they would fit on with what we have. So when I get home kids will be gone. I hope to do some cleaning and bookwork.

Have a great day

Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Monday, November 4, 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 06:56:37 AM »
Good morning, Janice and all to follow!

I'm up and ready for homeschool co-op and sipping some coffee.  Feeling chilly this morning and the past few days and am trying to decide if I need to up my thyroid meds a bit.  It's very normal to have to take a slightly higher dose in cooler weather.

Beautiful and sunny here and I sure like it being lighter earlier.  But I will sure miss the daylight in the evening.  :P  Guess I can't have my cake and eat it, too, huh?

Dinner tonight is chicken and dumplings and roasted brussels sprouts.

Happy Monday and Happy Birthday to Cathie!

Catherine

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 07:14:08 AM »
Good Morning to all!

Drinking my coffee and having computer time while the washing machine finishes up. Lots of cleaning to do today bc we were only home enough during the weekend to make a mess lol. Spent all day yesterday at Robbers Cave State Park it was wonderful the trees are all different colors and leaves flying around had a good day just playing around and hiking hubby tried to catch some trout but they just stocked it so I think the fish are still in shock from being moved bc they weren't biting much. Got home last night and my face felt a little sunburnt from being out so long ,I always for get my sunscreen if it doesn't feel 100 degrees outside, but it sure felt good being outside we have been cooped up for so long bc of the rain.
This time change has really messed me up I was so tired last night we all went to bed at 730 only to wake at 11 ugh. Then only the cell phone time got changed but it was dead this morning so I got the kids up an hour too early one was not happy when I realized my mistake and returned to bed and another went out to ride his bike lol oops. I agree Catherine I like a little light when I take the dog out at night it doesn't bother me in the mornings but at night the boogy monster will get me lol.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 07:36:50 AM »
Good morning.

We're all out of sorts here too.  The time change is really rough on little ones. Both boys got up at 4:45 this morning.  Ugh.  It's going to be a long day.  :P

Lainey gets out of school at 11:30 this morning for parent/teacher conferences and I HAVE GOT TO remember to go get her.   ;D  I've been clock watching all morning long. 

I have a load of clothes on the line and 2 more to wash and hang out.  My kitchen is a mess too.  I have pears to process and 20lbs of country ham to do something with.  :o  One of Sam's friends just dropped it off yesterday out of the blue...hmpph.  We don't even really like country ham but I guess we'll learn to like it....20lbs is a lot of ham.  ;)  It's vacuumed sealed in one big lump so I'll have to weigh it and get it into seperate Ziplocs. 

Anyway, gotta scoot.  It's time for Downy in the wash.

Supper tonight is something with country ham.  ;D

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 07:56:22 AM »
Good morning!

I've missed being here as often as I usually am during my trip.  We arrived back home last night and it's back to the grind today.  We just had breakfast and I need to get us unpacked and the house put back together today. I haven't started my list yet, but I'll be getting on that next. 

Dinner tonight will be be WW general tso's chicken with veggies and rice.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 07:59:11 AM »
Good morning ladies,

It is cool and cloudy here. Rain is supposed to move back in, but not a solid 3 day rain like last week. This time it is supposed to just be hit and miss. Kevin used my slicer to slice some ham I bought yesterday. I just got it cleaned, not a job I enjoy.  ??? Anyway, letting it air dry before I carry it back over to the storage shed. I hope to get my counter somewhat rearranged today. I can remove my coffee pot and really not much point in keeping my juicer over here. I seldom juice during the winter. Too hard to get that rascal clean. So I hope to get all that changed around and wiped down.  ;) I will also have the normal Monday household chores. So I should be busy for a couple of hours. I may work some more on Christmas gifts today. When I have to move things in order to sew, sewing becomes a pain. Never felt like that before in my life. I really hope we can build on some day, so I can set my sewing up and leave it like I used to have. Ok, enough  complaints.

The time change is kicking my behind as usual. Ugg, Why don't they just leave it one way or the other?  We ended up going to see MIL at 8 a.m. yesterday. She was still at the breakfast table. Shoot, we were both just sitting around waiting till it was late enough to go, when we said, 'Let's just go ahead and go.' We are neither one patient waiters.  ;)

Beth, I hope the boys take a nap later. That is too early for them to be up. LOL
Cathie, happy birthday.
Janice, I hope your work slows down a bit, soon. You work so hard.
Catherine, I was cold all weekend, but we had 35-45 mile an hour winds. I just figured that had me chilled.  ;) I will drink my green tea in a bit and warm up.
Oh fishermanwife, you sound like me when the time changed and the kids were still home. We were always early or late depending on the change. By the way, sorry, couldn't think of your first name off the top of my head.  :-[ I'll try to do better.  :)

You all have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 08:12:27 AM »
Good morning, all!

It sure is cold here this morning.  Since it is November 4, I turned the heat on this morning!  😄 I am like Catherine and love that it is light in the morning but wish it would stay light a bit later in the evening.  It definitely makes me happy, though, that Madelyn doesn't have to stand outside waiting for the bus in the pitch black.

Today is an at home day.  I have cleaned up the kitchen, straightened up a bit in my bedroom, folded three baskets of laundry, threw one load in the washer and have applesauce and apple jelly cooking on the stove.  I have two or three more loads of laundry to do and two or three more baskets of dry clothes to fold.  I also hope to clean off one of our desks, put all of the Halloween candy in a container and take down the decorations that are more Halloween than fall.  I also have some reading I would like to do and need to tweak my shopping list.  And, of course, I have to make dinner later.

The girls have off tomorrow for teacher in-service day.  All of our elementary schools are polling places for Election Day so it is much safer to not have them go to school because of all of the extra traffic.  Plus, they can't use the gym for gym classes.  The girls and I are just happy to have a day off!

Zachary was home this weekend but spent most of his time with his girlfriend so we didn't see him too much.  We just saw him two weeks ago and spent a lot of time with him so it is ok.  I know they miss each other and hadn't seen each other since the beginning of September which is a long time!  Both Zachary and Corey will be home in three weeks for Thanksgiving and they will both be home for over a week.  I already told Zachary we better see much more of him that week!

Dinner tonight is corn chowder and homemade bread.

Have a wonderful,day!

Denise

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 08:38:50 AM »
I'm not really buying the "extra hour sleep" argument either. Really, I get tired so much more quickly when it gets dark sooner each evening. The nights are so long and I'm ready for bed already at 7 pm. This continues all winter long and I'm sure there is no hour gain whatsoever!

I get our of work at 4:15 or so and by the time I get home there is not any time at all to do yard work. Poor hubby who has to do it all and I hate that because we always like to do it together.

Ok, I'm done complaining! It was a nice weekend though. It was quiet and relaxing and we did get a little yard work done on Saturday together. We had a wonderful time at church and even though it is a new church to us we are really liking it. The messages are really something and they mean so much to me.

I made two lunches yesterday because I knew one wasn't going to get cooked in time for hubby to come home and eat between services so we ate the one meal and I have one already to warm up for tonight! That worked out quite nicely!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 09:13:51 AM »
Winona, no worries I didn't have it on my profile sorry I fixed it and Im the last person to say anything about names bc Im horrible with them, I joke that I should of named my kids 1,2,3 and 4 lol.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 12:35:44 PM »
Afternoon, Ladies!

Didn't quite make it on here while it was still morning :).  Maybe I was too frozen...we woke up to a chilly 27*F!

We had a busy, busy weekend around here!  Jean worked on Saturday and asked if I could come and help him for a couple of hours.  He is replacing a severely water-damaged ceiling in a house built in 1934, and needed someone to help hold up drywall.  Saturday night we went to a Halloween costume party at a church friend's house.  We dressed up as each others' 'Better Half' - he in his tux and I in my wedding reception dress, each of us in half beauty makeup/half black and white makeup.  Jean even shaved HALF of his facial hair off; now THAT'S dedication!  We had a great time.

Sunday was aaaaaallllll church.  We were there by 7:45AM for choir rehearsal, went grocery shopping for two church events after the service, were back for a 12:30PM meeting, ran home to change, and were back once again at 4PM to set up for our 'Seed & Feed' dinner.  We sure were pooped by the time we made it home for good last night!

This morning Jean left for work around 7:30 and asked me if I could come and help him again around 9.  So, after taking trash to the dump I went to lend my two hands to hold up drywall for about two hours.  Big fun!  After returning home and making a late breakfast, I settled down to do some NSA work and Skype with the boss, and now need to sweep the floors, put a load of laundry in, and come up with some fun art for our kitchen chalkboard.  Otherwise it's pretty quiet around here! 

Dinner tonight is kielbasa, sweet potatoes, mashed turnips, and salad (with the creamy Italian dressing recipe just posted here!).

Have a wonderful (rest of the) day!

Mandy

P.S. - I hope it's OK that I posted a few photos.  I'm such a visual person!

I'm not much of a help :)

Halloween 2013 - 'The Better Half'
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:36:48 PM by MissMandy »
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 12:47:58 PM »
Mandy, you and Jean look very cute! And I like the pic of you holding up the drywall. Good pics!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 12:51:27 PM »
Thanks, Bobbie!  Notice how short the ceilings are (I am not, despite what the photo would lead you to believe, 8 feet tall!)!

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 12:51:41 PM »
I like the pics also! I'm curious, though, if you can hold up ceiling drywall, isn't the ceiling quite low? 

Alice

***edited: our posts crossed in the mail--you answered my question!***
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 12:53:12 PM by Alice »
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, 12:53:10 PM »
Ha!  We must have been posting at the same time :). The ceilings are maybe 7' at one end...and 6.5' at the other  ???

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2013, 01:25:20 PM »
Good afternoon ladies! 

Just got finished with school for the boys and I am going to need to start working on the 25lbs of tomatoes I have sitting here.  Need to make a couple bathes of salsa.  I'm avoiding it.  Trevor swims today and I want to work on my quilt before quilt group tomorrow evening so I "may" put off the salsa making until tomorrow.  I just want to done but sewing sounds more fun.   ;)

Dinner this evening is a ramen vegetable beef skillet and salad.

Mandy - that drywall pic is a crack up!