Author Topic: Tuesday, November 5, 2013  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:31:46 AM »
Good morning!
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
Re: Tuesday, November 5, 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 07:38:55 AM »
It's COLD here today.  We went for a 40 minute walk first thing this morning and it was snowing and oh so so cold.  I'm brewing some coffee now to warm us up.  The kids have a play date this morning, so we'll be going to that and I have quite a bit of housework still to catch up on.  Vacations are nice, but they sure create a lot of work once you get back!

Dinner tonight will be WW's enchilada casserole
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 07:40:31 AM »
Good Morning

Woke up to snow and still snowing. It says it is 30 but feels like 21. ugh Waiting for dh to come get me for more chores then he will be leaving to help a neighbor load calves to take to sale today. After chores outside I desparately need to do cleaning and bookwork. Also my DDs bday today. Sweet 16. She wants hard shell tacos and I will make a chocolate cake. I sent them in suburban today as I didnt want them to use car if we get alot more snow. My goal today is to get things ready for baby shower we are having on Monday for  a dear friend and reschedule the girls orthodontist appts as DD has a game Friday and a game Saturday (Just found out last night after practice, ugh). We wouldnt be back from appts in time for game

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:34:20 AM »
Good morning!

I am enjoying my coffee and reading about your days before getting breakfast going and dinner in the crockpot.  I'm not really a fan of the time change but I have to admit that I had gotten in to the habit of sleeping later in the morning since it was staying dark longer.  At least I am getting up earlier now and getting things done.   8)

Today, we have school to do.  I am at the point hit every year where I am ready for the holidays and want to change everything that we are going.  Am I the only one who does that?  We have about 3 weeks and then we are taking a break from most curriculum and doing some Advent activities and a book study on the Brest Christmas Pageant Ever.  Love that book!

Tonight, Brandon has jujitsu and Trevor has Jr High youth group at church.  I will go to quilt group while here is there.  My quilt is coming together!  I can not believe that I am actually making a quilt.. and it looks good!   ;D

Dinner tonight is crockpot bacon ranch chicken and a rice, lentil and feta salad.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 10:09:06 AM »
Good morning....for 9 more minutes.  ;D

It's a chilly, overcast day here today.  No snow, thank heavens but the sky has that look to it.  They're not calling for any type of precipitation but anytime it's chilly and overcast it always has "the look".  :D

I've gotten a few things done this morning that desperately needed doing.  Cleaning out my refrigerator was #1 on my list and I have that done and the dishwasher going.  I still have to take the scraps to the chickens.  I may send Lainey down with them.  She's out of school today because of Election Day.  A lot of our schools are used for polling places and students can't be there with that many strangers on campus. 

I have also been working on cleaning my bedroom really well.  I had stacks and piles lying everywhere and it was really beginning to bother me.  I always tell my family that clutter "screams" at me.  :D  I had a stack of pants that I need to take to be hemmed.  I have those bagged up and ready to take to the lady that will do that. I had a pile of hand-me-down shirts from my Mom that aren't going to work for me that I need to figure out what to do with.  I don't know if she wants them back or if I need to thrift them.  I have half my wardrobe switched so summer stuff is here and and winter stuff is there....ARGHHH.... I need to get back in there and finish while the boys sleep. 

Aaron has rifle and shotgun qualifying today so I'll have Holden all day and into tonight.  I think he's planning on getting home around midnight.  That night time qualifying seems to take forever. 

As soon as the boys are up, I'll vacuum.  I may run to the store for a gallon of milk too.  Or I may just ask Caylon to pick one up on her way home.  Hmmm......

Supper tonight is country ham biscuits and scrambled eggs.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 11:04:52 AM »
Still morning when I'm starting this, but it won't be when I'm done.  :P  So good afternoon!

We are having a slightly early lunch of potato soup.  I made a big pot of it but doubt there will be many, if any, leftovers.  There weren't last week.  5 lbs of potatoes, 1/2 gallon of chicken broth, gone in one fell swoop and that's without Earl home to eat.   :o

Today is an at-home day--love those these days.  We supposedly have 70% chance of rain but have only seen sprinkles so far this morning.  I got some garlic planted yesterday evening and a couple of Swiss chard plants pulled up.  The roots on those suckers were like big turnips or something, just huge.  They had grown so well all summer/fall.  I've got newer ones coming up and some of the other olders ones that are still producing are still in place.

I need to get busy this afternoon but am not particularly motivated.  I have finished one book today and have my sheets in the dryer.  Need to do reading with the younger three still.

Dinner tonight is oven "fried" chicken, mashed potatoes, and broccoli.

Catherine

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 11:44:35 AM »
Good afternoon.

I'm in a slump, just really feeling unmotivated to do anything at all.

It's almost one o'clock here and I haven't even accomplished anything except loading the dishwasher. ::)

Today, we have school to do.  I am at the point hit every year where I am ready for the holidays and want to change everything that we are going.  Am I the only one who does that?  We have about 3 weeks and then we are taking a break from most curriculum and doing some Advent activities and a book study on the Brest Christmas Pageant Ever.  Love that book!

I know exactly how you feel.  I wish I could declare the whole month of November to be school-free!  There's so much I need/want to do and not enough hours to get it all done.  I feel like I can either do school really well and slack on other things or I can do housework and everything else and let school slide. :(  It's all about balance, I know, but sometimes it's hard for me to do this.
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 06:44:57 PM »
Good evening. I am watching Biggest Loser while piddling on my little pink pad. I have not enjoyed it this season like past seasons. I will watch NCIS online tomorrow. BL better up their game or they are going to lose me. LOL It has rained here all day and still is. So I did a bit of gluten free baking. I am trying to make things healthier. I made blueberry muffins and cut the sugar in half. I made peach crisp from our own tree this summer. I used stevia for the sweetener. Both  turned out good.

Wow! This has taken for ever to type out on my pad. It doesn't help that Callie is snoozing away on my lap. OK I am done. LOL Talk to you all tomorrow.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie