Author Topic: Wednesday, November 6th, 2013  (Read 2204 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Wednesday, November 6th, 2013
« on: November 06, 2013, 06:42:52 AM »
Good morning!

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Wednesday, November 6th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 06:44:58 AM »
I scored some cute clothes for Morgan from someone on craigslist last night so am off to pick those up shortly.  Also need to run to TSC for dog food.

Other plans today including prepping for our camping trip this weekend.  Food is mostly planned but need to make sure the laundry is all done since we have limited quantities of warm clothes and it's supposed to be in the 30's at night.

Kids will have church and youth group tonight so will eat there.  Earl has class as well, so I may pick myself up something or else eat leftovers.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 06:48:09 AM »
Good Morning

It snowed all day yesterday but also some melted as it hit the ground. We still have snow and the trees are full but thank heavens it melted some.  Dh bought a load of calves yeterday not sure when we have to work them, will talk him into this weekend,HA. So will help Dh outside then should be in to finish housework. I got quite a bit done yesterday but didnt completely finish some things. I need to finish diaper cake for shower. I have diapers rolled but need to put together. I need to really clean main area and will go get kids after school and run some errands as older kids will stay in for church tonight. So nothing to exciting but it seems whenever I type  these posts saying not to much going on then my days turns into being a lot more than I have planned. I hope that doesnt happen. Well off for more coffee!

Have a great day

Janice

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 06:49:50 AM »
I think I fixed that I posted as the same time as you Catherine on new thread I copied mine to yours and deleted mine. Sorry

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 08:52:40 AM »
It is a sloppy, rainy, dreary day today. I knew it was coming but I just don't like rainy days.  But it is November and inevitably we will get colder and colder and snow will arrive. I'm just thinking what if today's rain was snow--it would have been a doozy of a storm.

Not much going on today. I'm at work taking a short break but it is slow today.

I hastily put together a crock pot pork stew this morning. I had some frozen diced carrots, frozen tomatoes, fresh onion, frozen green beans, fresh green pepper, fresh potatoes and put eveything along with diced pork in the crock. A good squirt of ketchup and some bouillon cubes with water with a quick stir and I hope it turns out because I surely don't have a plan B if this fails.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 09:02:15 AM »
I think I fixed that I posted as the same time as you Catherine on new thread I copied mine to yours and deleted mine. Sorry

No biggie!  Guess we both had the same idea.  Have a great day!

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 09:14:35 AM »
Morning Ladies!

I'm fighting yet another cold, so after Jean left for work I vegged on the couch watching some Barefoot Contessa.  We had our first fireplace fire of the season last night, so that may be the real root of my sinus issues ;).

Today is regular home maintenance - unload the dishwasher, sweep floors, swish bathrooms, make the bed, and fold/put away the laundry I did yesterday.  We have our first meeting with a financial advisor this afternoon, so I also need to go through our files and pull together all of the documents and statements we might need.  After our meeting Jean has Men's Choral Ensemble at church, and then we both have choir practice after that.  I need to prepare our chili dinner and get it in the Crock*Pot so we can eat as soon as we get home.  8:30 is mighty late for us to eat, but eating at 4PM before our first meeting would be just a tad too early  ;D.

I am also in the process of negotiating the specifics for my November work trip to NYC, and it looks like we might be going the entire week of Thanksgiving!  We are attending a wedding in Philadelphia the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so I told the boss that if we could come up to NYC either before or after that, we would just bring our own car and she wouldn't have to pay for airfare/train/rental car.  It's tricky with the holiday, since the office isn't open part of the week, but I think we've worked it out so we will go up Monday afternoon, I will work all day Tuesday and a half day Wednesday, then we will have time together to do our own thing on Thanksgiving Day and Friday, then we will go to Philly Friday afternoon for the Saturday wedding, returning home on Sunday.  We don't really do anything big with my family for Thanksgiving (traditional meal with just the immediate family), and his family's get-together is on that Saturday when we'll be at the wedding anyway, so we might as well do sometime fun...like attend the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!  This will also give my brother and his family a place to stay (our house) where they won't be crowded, like at Mom & Dad's.

Well, the laundry didn't magically put itself away, so I'd best get to it!  Have a wonderful day!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 10:44:37 AM »
Good morning ladies!

I'm fighting the "blue" feeling today.  Today is the 1 year anniversary of my Grandma's passing.  Glad she is with Jesus but I sure miss her. 

I have a LOT to do and I am working up the desire to do it.  Thinking of turning on some music and getting the day going.  I'll get dinner in the crockpot first while the boys are working on their math and then go from there.  A list would benefit me, LOL.

Dinner this evening is asian meatballs, rice and veggies.

Have a great day everyon!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 10:53:04 AM »
Good morning, at least for a little bit. LOL We  had a cold front come through and it is still only in the 30s. The deck in completely covered in leaves. I guess the pretty color is done for this year. They are falling quickly.

Tonight is the Country Music Awards. I have not seen them in several years for one reason or another, but looking forward to tonight. I want to get everything done so I can sit in my rocker and take it all in.  ;D

I will probably work some more on the scrappy 36 patch. When it gets cold, I love quilting on a big quilt. Keeps me warm.  ;) This week is grocery week, so I need to make a list. We have been trying to eat the meat out of the 2 freezers. I have a whole pork loin to cook either today or tomorrow. I was going to cook it on the grill, but not really wanting to mess with it now since it has cooled down. I think I will just cook it in the oven. That will give us several meals.  8)

Well, time to get Kevin around for work, so I will get off here. You all have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie