Author Topic: Turkey prices  (Read 8018 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: Turkey prices
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 06:58:23 AM »
I saw on Money Saving Mom that Target has their brand of turkey for .79 a lb.  I don't know if this will apply here due to our state laws but am going to check it out and see...hoping it does.  Also, we don't have a Super Target, but it has a pretty decent grocery section, just no deli, produce section (just one shelving unit with the basics), and so on.  Worth a try, though.

Offline hen41500

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 07:01:42 AM »
Saw that as well, I'm planning to go and see. We don't have a law like that in Arizona that I'm aware of but this is the best price I've seen without having to make additional purchases.
Good Luck Catherine!

~Heather~

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 07:05:48 AM »
Saw that as well, I'm planning to go and see. We don't have a law like that in Arizona that I'm aware of but this is the best price I've seen without having to make additional purchases.
Good Luck Catherine!

~Heather~

I hope we both find them.  :)

Offline Cathie

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 07:24:34 AM »
I'll look at our Target too - thanks Cath

Offline jrejhkids

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2013, 07:27:53 AM »
I picked a turkey up last Saturday at our local WinCo for $0.87 cents a pound.  This is the first year in quite some time that we have bought one as in the past we have raised them.  I go shopping again the week of Thanksgiving and will see what deals they have on another turkey.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 10:07:19 AM »
I tried our Target this morning and was told the Market Pantry turkeys will be in tomorrow morning, so will try back then.

Offline wrancher

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2013, 10:49:56 AM »
I had to check our Safeway ad. Safeway brand 8-24 lbs. .59  Honeysuckle brand 8-24 lbs .79

But that is in the city 2 hrs awy and I dont go till 22nd.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »
our Target has lots

I didn't buy one cause Jay thinks we will get one from one of his suppliers so I am kinda holding off I may go back though on Thursday or Friday - I need to think on this one

Offline Sandlappersue

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »
Our Publix has them for .59/#. I am so excited! I want to buy four, one for each month of Feb.,May, July, and September. This way hopefully we won't get burned out on turkey. I am thinking all of these will be a round $36...

Offline Cathie

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 03:12:13 PM »
Our Publix has them for .59/#. I am so excited! I want to buy four, one for each month of Feb.,May, July, and September. This way hopefully we won't get burned out on turkey. I am thinking all of these will be a round $36...

That's a great price! And you ha r even figured out costs you're so good 💋💋💋

Offline Sandlappersue

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2013, 04:22:16 PM »
Cathie, we'll see how close I guesstimated.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 10:31:20 AM »
Our Food Lion (regular chain grocery store) ad came in the mail yesterday, and features:

Grade A Basted Jennie-O Frozen Turkey for 55¢/pound
-card holders only ($1.59 without their card)
-only with a minimum purchase of $25 and limit one. 

The ad also shows:
All Natural, Gluten & Hormone Free Butterball Frozen Turkeys for 99¢/pound
-card holders only ($3.99 without card)
-no other restrictions

That said, we're headed to Mom & Dad's for Thanksgiving (not going to NYC after all), and they are smoking a bunch of different meats, so we only have to prepare the sides!  If I had a large enough freezer I would take advantage of the sale, but there's just no space in our side-by-side freezer as it is.  Maybe by next Thanksgiving our basement will be finished and our larger upright freezer in place!

M :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 06:47:34 AM »
Piggly Wiggly has Best Choice brand 12 lbs. & up turkeys for 88 cents/lb. with an additional $25 order, limit one.

I miss the days of the cheap turkeys. :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Cathie

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 06:18:56 AM »
our local stores has turkeys 48 cents a pound

I might end up getting one we will see. I need one for Thanksgiving but honey thinks a supplier might give us one - I am really torn as to what to do.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 07:39:31 AM »
our local stores has turkeys 48 cents a pound

I might end up getting one we will see. I need one for Thanksgiving but honey thinks a supplier might give us one - I am really torn as to what to do.

Wow, great price!  Depending on how much you like turkey, if it were me I'd probably still buy at least a couple to have later.  Well, more than a couple if I found them for that price, lol.  I can't get storebought whole chicken for that price here any more.