Author Topic: Friday, November 8, 2013  (Read 1905 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, November 8, 2013
« on: November 08, 2013, 06:58:12 AM »
Good Morning

No sleeping in around here. ugh  We have to do chores while it is still frozen so we dont make ruts in mud, We also will brand and vaccinate some calves we bought. This evening we are going to DDs game about 1 hr south of us. Her friend will come over and spent the night as we will have game in morning and she will go back. I didnt get my diaper cake done so have to get that done today.

Off for more coffee
Janice

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
Re: Friday, November 8, 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 09:42:55 AM »
Today is a home day.  Yay!

I just need to do some general cleaning and tidying and I need to work on my felt veggies and fruits for the kid's christmas gift.  Nothing too exciting, except tonight is movie night with the kids.  I will probably make some orange cookies and popcorn for that.

Dinner tonight will be.... no idea.  I need to get on that.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 10:06:42 AM »
Good afternoon ~

I ran my errands this morning - again.  I need to curb being out of the house everyday of the week

I did Sam's Club and Aldi - I was able to buy some Christmas stuff as well.

I need to go make the pizza dough and get on the laundry

Have a great day everyone  :-*

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 10:50:06 AM »
Good afternoon.

Thank heavens it's Friday.  It's been a long, hard week.  Holden has what we're thinking is a virus and has ran a temp for the past 24 hours.  Last night I couldn't get it down from 104*.  This morning it's been between 99*-102*.   He is acting fine and you wouldn't know that he has a temp other than the red cheeks.  He's eating, playing and running around.  He's acting like your normal 2 year old.  Last night was a little rough.  Aaron worked so I was up and down with him every hour or so, checking on him, rocking, singing, rubbing that sweaty little back.  I put him in the tub a few times when his temp inched toward 105*.   Little ones are so pitiful when they're sick and it's always worse at night.  :-X 

The boys and I just got back in from the bank, Aldi and Bi-Lo.  I debated on whether or not to go but Holden seemed fine and was wanting to go outside and play so we went on.  He walked right beside me the whole way through the stores, waving to everyone he saw and saying "hey there".  ;D 

I've fed both boys and they're lying down right now.  I have the groceries carried in but they're not put away yet.  I'll need to do that soon.  Aaron is outside blowing leaves. 

I dont have many plans for the rest of the afternoon.  I'll get the groceries put away and the kitchen straightened.  I have 2 loads of clothes on the line that I"ll need to get in and I also need to carry wood in.  I'll need to get Lainey at 2:30. 

Sam told me this morning that we're going for cheap Mexican for supper.  Yea!!!  We always split a plate so we can both eat for $10 or so. 

Ok...gotta scoot.  The groceries need my attention. 

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 11:18:51 AM »
Good afternoon!  It is cold here today, but sunny. We took some turkeys and ducks to the processor this morning. So glad that is over, I hate doing it.  I have a lot of laundry to do and cleaning too.  Once the regular laundry is done I want to wash the odds and ends of fabric I have been accumulating so I can cut strips for a log cabin quilt.  I have been wanting to do this for a long time now and I am itching to get started. :)

Dinner tonight will be homemade pizza.  Paul is home for the weekend and has been looking forward to having it.  It has been a while.

Beth, I said a prayer for Holden, hope he is better soon.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 11:39:10 AM »
Good morning ladies!

I am having coffee and getting ready to put the last 2 rows of my quilt top together!  Coffee is a must first though.   ;)

Today is not an at home day but it should be a pretty mellow day.  After I get my rows together I will iron it and then go to the craft shop to pick out borders.  I need to go to another craft shop and get candy molds (coupon item) and later I will pick up Parker.  We have him for the weekend.  Its been a LONG time since I have had a 3 year old full time.. pray for me, LOL.  I am looking forward to reading some book to him and maybe finding some Thanksgiving cartoons to watch... Charlie Brown!

Dinner tonight is oven "fried" chicken, tangy coleslaw and homemade french fries.

Have a great day!

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 01:04:28 PM »
Good afternoon,
It is so windy here that I had to lock the door to keep the wind from blowing it open.  :o Takes muscle to open the screen door. LOL I am hoping the wind dies down by evening. I have a few things to do outside, but holding off for a while.

I made a run to Oregon this morning and paid our county taxes and the phone bill. Then went the other way to Savannah and paid our electric bill. Yep, I spent lots of money this morning. LOL :-\ The good thing is the only bills we will have till next spring are the phone/DSL and electric.  LOL  Gas was $2.79 when I filled up. Hasn't been that low around here in a couple of years at least.

Well, I watched the DVD and tried my new sock loom last night. Hmmm....I think it would be easier and quicker to just learn how to knit the regular way.  ???  Glad I used a coupon and only spent $12 on this. LOL This will take forever to get a pair of socks. Yep, thinking as soon as I get my Christmas stuff done, I will try again to learn to knit socks.  ;) I will probably work on my Scrappy 36 Patch this evening. It has 42 blocks and I have 8 done and a couple of blocks that are partially done. My goal is to get it done for our bed before winter is over. I just might make it. LOL

I boobooed yesterday. I drew out a little mugrug pattern that I wanted to try. I liked it, so I used some scraps from a charm pack to cut out the pieces. It has applique on the front of it. Well, I plan to machine applique. I forgot all about the wonder under. So all the pieces are cut, but without the fusible on the back.  ::) I am hoping I can just use my fabric gluestick in the middle of each piece and hold it down good enough to machine applique around each of them.  ::) I can't believe that as many years as I have been doing this, I would forget about ironing the fusible on the back. LOL Oh well, if it doesn't work, I only used scraps.  ;)

Well, time to talk to my mom, so I'll get off here. I hope none of you blow away. Talk to you all later.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie