Author Topic: Monday, Nov. 11  (Read 1716 times)

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
Monday, Nov. 11
« on: November 11, 2013, 06:01:41 AM »
Good morning.  ;D 

I just got sat down after the morning rush.  Sam and Caylon are gone, Aaron is asleep, all 3 littles are fed, everybody is dressed, Lainey and Holden are watching Wild Kratts on PBS and Evan is "singing" himself back to sleep in his bed. 

I don't have much planned for today.  I do have laundry to do and the house needs some straightening up but other than that it's all pretty good. 

Sam and Aaron got our woodstoves switched out last night and our Mama Bear is putting out some heat....83* in the livingroom.  Whew!! 

I guess I'll get up from here and head to the washing machine. 

Supper tonight is sausage gravy, biscuits and scrambled eggs. 

Beth
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 06:02:24 AM by mooremama »
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Proudmama

Re: Monday, Nov. 11
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 06:20:39 AM »
Good morning!

Beth - Wow, 83 is really warm!  I would have to put on shorts and a t-shirt.

We had a nice weekend.  Molly's friend spent the day here on Saturday and Doug and I went to breakfast and ran some errands yesterday morning.  We spent the rest of the day yesterday watching football, reading, etc.

Today is a quiet day for me.  My car is in the shop so I couldn't go anywhere even if I wanted!  It was making a squealing sound and Doug wasn't sure how to fix it.  He is going out of town soon and I was worried it would break down while he was gone so we decided to take it in to the shop.  I really hope it is a cheap fix since that is the only kind we can afford right now!

I have straightened up the kitchen, thrown in a load of sheets and have a pot of applesauce cooking on the stove.  I have a few more loads of laundry to do and need to wipe down my bathroom.  Other than that, I plan on reading, going through some papers, putting a few decorations away and watching a bit of TV.  I also need to make up my shopping list for the week and make a menu as well.  Mindy is snuggled up against me on the couch and seems to approve of my plan for the day!

Dinner is gingerbread pancakes, sausage and homemade applesauce.

Have a wonderful day!

Denise

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 06:24:08 AM »
Good morning!

Not much going on around here today either...just like I like it! :)

I need to do the never-ending laundry, hang it out, and fold and put it away.  The kitchen could use a little tidying up and I need to swish & swipe the bathroom. 

Sometime today I need to go to town to find a baby shower gift for my nephew's wife.  They're expecting a little girl in January and the shower is Saturday.  I have no idea what to get them. :-\

Emily's rooster died a couple of weeks ago, and my parents felt sorry for her since this was a chicken she'd raised and hand fed.  Last week they bought a couple of bantams for her to replace the one who died.  Our standard chickens pick on the bantam hen terribly so now she's in a cage in the laundry room.  She's been pecked on her comb and one eye but I think she's enjoying being pampered.  We also have 2 new silkies, but nobody picks on them. 

Well, enough rambling.  Guess I better get started on something.

Supper tonight is ??  I had my menu for the first half of the month all planned out but we had tonight's meal last night and I don't want what we were supposed to have last night! ::)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 07:38:53 AM »
Good Morning

Today is the baby shower. After I go out and chop water for the calves I can work on finishing the diaper cake and start loading what I can. I will leave around noon and then be in all day as kids have a patriotic concert at 6:30. It is really snowing right now. ugh At least the kids made it to school safely. So I made 2 pumpkin rolls, 48 cupcakes and 48 cupcake wrappers with my silhouette.  I wll check in more after I come in for chores. I better go before it gets any worse out.

Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 08:41:19 AM »
Good morning.

It is 50* right now. This is supposed to be our last warm day for a while. I is predicted to get down to 19* one night this week, so I am draining the hose, getting the heated chicken water set up, and checking other things outside. Uggg, so not ready for winter. It may even snow a bit, but I have my doubts on that one.  ;)

I have the normal Monday chores. Then I will work on some Christmas stuff. Kevin told me this weekend that he is taking the week of Thanksgiving and the next 2 weeks off. Yikes. I have a hard time working on Christmas stuff when he is home. He has to either take it or lose it by Dec. 15th. It will be nice for him to have some time off.

Well, I'd better get outside. You all have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 11:59:58 AM »
Good morning!

Its been a full day for me and its only 11am, LOL.

A friend I hardly ever get to see came and visited this morning at 7am, LOL.  It was when we could fit it in so we made it work.  We visited for a couple hours and the kids all slept so it was a nice, quiet and uninterrupted visit.  I made breakfast, took Sophie for a walk and got everyone fed and Parker dressed.  His mom will be back in town today and will pick him up this afternoon.

After he leaves I will take Sophie on a nice long walk (she's not been getting as much attention the past few days with the baby here so she's had a few accidents) and I will get dinner going before the boys all go to scouts.

When they are gone this evening, I think I will either sew or maybe just sit and watch TV.  That is something I rarely do.

Dinner tonight is marinated steak and chicken, butternut squash bisque, salad and rolls. 

Have a blessed day!