Author Topic: Tuesday, November 12, 2013  (Read 1675 times)

Offline wrancher

Tuesday, November 12, 2013
« on: November 12, 2013, 07:56:31 AM »
Good Morning

So a day at home at least until DDs basketball game tonight in town. yeah Other DD will ride fan bus to Regional Volleyball game. Oldest DD is home from college as she didnt have class today so she came home to get a loan for buying some calves to help pay for school.  DH is helping a neighbor with getting calves ready for the sale today. I am cleaning house and emptying vehicle from the shower yesterday. I need to run stuff through the dishwasher and return all the stuff I borrowed. I need to do bookwork desparately so after I get some more chores done I can sit down to do that. DH went to sale yesterday and got some calves so those will need branded and vaccinated.  Never a dull second. I am serving the church school supper tomorrow night so I need to prepare for that. Will be glad when things start slowing down.

Have a great day

Janice

Offline auntotiti

• Charlotte Cait
Re: Tuesday, November 12, 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 09:36:47 AM »
Good morning,

You are one busy lady!
Some general cleaning here today. My computer room is a disaster so time in there will be well spent.
Looks like we may get some sprinkles but nothing yet.
We have been dealing with pool issues the past two weeks, looking better today, even though swim season is over.
Always something around here.  Lol
Dinner is spaghetti and green salad.
Wishing you all a blessed day.
Married to mybest friend Mike 38 yrs
Sons Josh and Phil
Two beautiful sweet daughters in love
Three adored grands
Malyna, Nolan, Charlotte

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 09:57:13 AM »
Good morning,

Janice, you are busy as always.
Pam, I hope you get your computer room all spic and span.  ;D

It got down to 14* here last night. Not ready for these temps, but I guess I have no choice. LOL  I replaced the chicken waterer with the heated bowl yesterday. We also drained the pump and hoses. So I guess we are ready for winter.  :(

I sure enjoyed the Voice last night. I actually had tears after Matthew Schuler sang. What a beautiful job he did on that song. He sang Hallelujah. He has such a rich voice. I am not a fan of Christina's, but I think he was the best of  the night. I finished knitting a dishcloth, then quilted for a bit. I read for a while on my Kindle after the voice went off. So I did a variety last night.  ;D

Not much to do today. I have already done the outside chores. Need to take the trash out and clean the litter box. Also have some dishes to do. Then the day is mine.  :D

You all have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:14:14 AM »
Morning (well, afternoon by the time I finish!) Ladies!

It's wintery and lovely here this morning.  We were supposed to get a few snow flurries/showers this morning, but I have seen nary a flake!  It was 50*F when we got up at 4:45, but we're down in the 30's* now, and it's not meant to get any warmer.  Windy, too.  Hello, winter!

We lost power last night around 6PM.  Apparently several transformers blew and our mountain, the one next to us, and another neighborhood on this side of town all lost power.  Thankfully I had put plain chicken in the Crock*Pot for our buffalo chicken tacos, and it was done, so we just ate that for dinner.  Afterwards we broke out the emergency hand-cranked radio and just went to bed at 7:15!  Jean was out by about 8:30, and then a few minutes before 9 the power came back on, so I got up and turned out the lights we'd left on, started the dishwasher, filled the soaking dish in the sink with water, refilled my water glass  (we're on a well, so when we lose power, we lose water), flushed the toilets ( :o ;) ) and plugged in my phone, which was almost dead, all just in case it went back off again.  Thankfully it didn't!

So far today I've mostly just been on the computer.  I did some NSA work, and then got an email from our bank containing our huge equity loan application packet - eek!  We've applied for a small equity loan to pay off our credit card debt once and for all, at the advice of our financial advisor.  We sure hope that this goes through (and have no reason to believe that it won't), but all of the paperwork and the waiting sure is nerve-wracking!

On tap for the rest of the day is more NSA work, making the bed, sweeping the porch, and swishing/swiping the bathrooms.  Seems like there should be a lot more to do, but I did a bunch of housework over the weekend, so I guess I really am pretty well caught up.  Yay!

Dinner tonight - barring any freak power outages  ;) - is taco pizzas.  I was right in the middle of kneading dough for tortillas when we lost power last night, so I just wrapped up and saved the dough, and will use it for pizza crust tonight.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day on their homesteads!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 10:26:48 AM »
Good morning!

Sitting here eating an early lunch after running errands this morning.  It's chilly here today with a high of 45.  Overnight will be 19 so I need to come up with something to cover part of then garden.  I never got around to buying row covers...oops!    When the wind dies down it doesn't feel bad but it's been quite windy today.  I've got the milk all picked up and delivered, checked Target for a turkey (no luck), and have laundry in the dryer to come out soon.

We had a wonderful time camping this past weekend.  Only thing is, my body rhythm aligned with the light (or dark) so we've been going to bed ridiculously early and getting up at the crack of dawn.  I guess if it weren't for that darn light pole in our alley I could do this more often.  Having to use room darkening shades AND curtains (one set alone doesn't do the trick for me) leaves my body confused, lol.  Last night, we had all the kids in bed and were heading to shower and realized it was only 7:45.  :P  Maddy had a 7 AM orthodontist appointment so it worked out well, though.

This afternoon is some cleaning up, laundry, of course, and I need to get some beans quick soaking for tonight.  Didn't do my usual Sunday menu plan so need to work on that so I know what to make this week.  Tonight will be Great Northern beans cooked with ham, and cornbread.

Have a great afternoon!
Catherine

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 11:17:30 AM »
Happy 11-12-13!!!

What a busy morning.  I was able to get a load of clothes washed and on the line and worked some in my shed.  I think I have a mouse in my pantry and I know I have mouse traps somewhere and I was thinking they were outside on my workbench which is under the shed.  The mouse trap hunt led to a major purging of the shed while Evan slept.  Holden "helped" me  ;).  I have everything pulled out, now I"ve just got to get it all put back under there.  Ugh.  And of course I didn't find the traps.  >:(  The longer we were outside, the windier it became and Holden started getting cold so we just came in.  Evan woke up soon after so we went to Tractor Supply for chicken feed, wood shavings and mouse traps.  We're back home now and the boys are asleep.  I'm pooped.  :D

This afternoon I will get Lainey at 2:30, run by my parents and get some newspapers and coupons that they've saved for me and I need to get gas in the car.  Back home to get Lainey started on her homework and I'll start supper.  I need to have supper over with and Holden's bath and him in the bed by 8:00 because it's NCIS night.  ;D  Aaron works tonight so I've got "Holden duty".  I will definitely be ready for bed tonight.   :)

Supper tonight is sloppy joes and tater tots.

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.