Author Topic: Christmas Stockings  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Cathie

Christmas Stockings
« on: October 20, 2013, 10:44:07 AM »
I am hopefully going to get them cut out today, I hope and then start the sewing over this week.  I will be making 7 - 5 people and 2 pets

I am hoping to post a picture when done.  The stockings will be red with white thread.  I am making them out if felt and I'm going to hand sew. I'd like to do some design on it too I think but I'm not really all that crafty.

Anybody making anything for the holidays this week?

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Christmas Stockings
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 02:18:28 PM »
Cathie,

You could draw some simple holly leaves, bells, candy canes, Christmas trees, etc. and embroider in white DMC thread or Perle cotton on the front before you sew them together. If you have any Christmas cookie cutters, use them to draw around. If you aren't into embroidery, get some fabric paint or markers. Just throwing a few ideas out to you. Good luck. I know these will turn out fabulous and look forward to seeing them.  Sounds like lots of fun to me.  ;)

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 08:14:22 PM »
Thanks Winona 😘

Offline Cathie

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 10:42:12 AM »
okay so the plan was to make them - went to dollar store and they had some that I liked but I thought they were to big, so I brought them home and sewed them smaller

we are going to call them semi homemade  ;)

one thing done

Offline Cathie

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 05:54:01 AM »
Forgot to share the picture:

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 06:50:05 AM »
Very cute!  And they may have even cost less money than making them all by hand.

Denise

Offline Cathie

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 07:11:02 AM »
Very cute!  And they may have even cost less money than making them all by hand.

Denise

I think so Denise

I didn't have material so I would have had to buy them so all 7 stockings were 7 dollars.  I had the thread and all 7 took less them 15 minutes to make smaller

so we are going to call it win win  ;D

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 08:27:59 AM »
Good job, Cathie. Fabric is expensive, so I seriously doubt that you could have bought enough fabric to make 7 of these for $7. They are pretty. If you don't want to embroidery or applique names on them, yet want names, get some fabric paint. Works good. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cathie

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 08:32:56 AM »
Good job, Cathie. Fabric is expensive, so I seriously doubt that you could have bought enough fabric to make 7 of these for $7. They are pretty. If you don't want to embroidery or applique names on them, yet want names, get some fabric paint. Works good. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Winona

thanks I am happy with how they turned out  ;D - I'm trying to decide what to do - fabric paint, glitter or plain - I can't make up my mind right now ;)

I want to do a bucket for the tree like this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/43065740160571800/

any ideas?