Author Topic: November Menu 15-30  (Read 6857 times)

Offline Cathie

November Menu 15-30
« on: November 15, 2013, 01:59:10 PM »
anyone have a menu they want to share

I've got pizza for Fridays down and now I am staring at the paper like it should do something  :o ;)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: November Menu 15-30
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 02:21:58 PM »
Hey, I'm a step ahead of you.  I have pizza down for Fridays AND turkey down for the 28th.  ;)

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 02:31:23 PM »
Cath ~ hahahahahhahaha

I've got ham for that day too  ;D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:37:20 PM by Cathie »

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 04:31:05 PM »
Well, I'm totally confused with the two threads but mine is for the second half of the month so I'm going to put it here.  I worked on this on our way to Dallas this weekend...may tweak things a hair or change things up a bit (particularly lunches, depending on exactly what is on the schedule that day), but overall this is it:

11/18 B-Pancakes, sausage (using up some turkey sausage that was a great deal but we don't love)
         L-Tacos, from leftover lentil/ground beef mixture from Thursday night
         S-Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, mixed veggies (trying out the dehydrated potato slices I bought since we have no fresh potatoes onhand)

11/19 B-Oatmeal, 1/2 portion of protein shake for adults and any kids who want it (otherwise I feel icky an hour or so after eating oatmeal)--each time oatmeal is served we have the options of brown sugar, peanut butter or almond butter, cinnamon, raisins, etc..., unless I cook it with apple and then I make it all with cinnamon as well.
         L-Crockpot "refried" beans-served with or without tortilla, depending on the child, with shredded cheese
         S-Chicken Parmesa, salad, sourdough bread with garlic butter

11/20 B-Cappuccino chocolate chip muffins (adults may have a lower carb option)
         L-Leftover refried beans
         S-kids eat at church on Wed., Earl has class, and I will find something leftover or splurge on something cheap out

11/21 B-Oatmeal, 1/2 protein shake for whomever
         L-unsure, possibly potato soup
         S-White bean soup with ham (Earl brought a ham bone with a fair amount of meat from his work holiday party on Friday), cornbread fritters

11/22 B-Toast, yogurt
         L-Indian Style Lentil Stew
         S-Pizza, homemade, possible sourdough crust, probably a cauliflower crust for adults

11/23 B-Potato bowls
         L-leftover lentils
         S-Spaghetti, green beans, garlic bread

11/24 B-Waffles, bacon
         L-Roast, mashed potatoes, veggie TBA
         S-Sunday evenings are often popcorn, eat what you find in fridge, etc... .

11/25 B-Blueberry muffins
         L-Korean Vegetable Pancakes, brown rice
         S-Chicken and dumplings, broccoli

11/26 B-Oatmeal, 1/2 protein shake
         L-Personal pizzas
         S-Pinto beans with corn bread or rolls, TBD

11/27 B-Crustless quiche
         L-Leftover pintos
         S-Taco Soup, corn bread or tortilla chips

11/28 B-Toast, yogurt, protein shakes (easy stuff :) )
         L-Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, sweet potato souffle, green bean casserole, pies (thinking of apple, cherry, and pumpkin)

11/29 B-Leftover pie (keeping it real ;) )
         L-leftovers
         S-pizza

11/30 B-Apple fritters
         L-leftovers
         S-Cheesy Corn and Potato Chowder, some sort of bread TBD

Snacks or items to round out lunches include:  cheese sticks (cut from 5 lb block of cheese), apples, more apples (alone or with PB or almond butter or sunflower butter), lol, homecanned peaches, applesauce, Laughing Cow cheese and gluten-free crackers (bought a case several months ago of the crackers and need to use them up), homemade yogurt (with or without frozen blueberries or triple berry blend stirred in), homemade cookies, muffins, or granola bars as the mood strikes mom, cheese toast, PB & J, carrots and Ranch.

Breakfast notes:  if we oversleep on a day we need to be somewhere(or at mom's discretion), homemade frozen waffles may be subbed out for another breakfast.  Some kids like them with peanut butter, some with syrup, some with both.  Toast and yogurt are always available for this as well.  Earl and I may eat eggs or a low-carb version of pancakes on those mornings, or a protein shake.

Lunch notes:  This is my hardest meal.  Sometimes planned leftovers don't happen if everyone is extra hungry.  PB & J may occasionally be subbed out for those who can eat it (not mom due to PB allergy).  Or grilled cheese or quesadillas.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:31:33 PM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 07:31:31 AM »
So, after getting this menu all done, I bought that 10 lb bag of sweet potatoes this weekend and I only had them on the menu for Thanksgiving.  Guess I need to rethink and change up a day or two to use them.  :)

Offline hen41500

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 12:01:21 PM »
Love the pie for breakfast, Catherine!     STILL needing to make menu plan, have no idea why I keep putting it off  ???

~Heather~

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 12:20:53 PM »
We have pie for breakfast every year on the day after Thanksgiving!

Denise

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 01:54:16 PM »
Can we just eat pie every morning for breakfast with our coffee? lol
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 02:01:11 PM »
Can we just eat pie every morning for breakfast with our coffee? lol

Sounds good to me!  Or at least on the mornings when there are no other desserts in the house, lol.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 08:08:21 PM »

You all are BRILLIANT! I am soooo instituting this tradition this year.

S-Pizza, homemade, possible sourdough crust, probably a cauliflower crust for adults

Do you mind sharing your recipe for sourdough pizza crust? Thanks!! :)

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 08:12:17 PM »
Catherine, do you have a recipe for the cauliflower crust? I am trying to reduce my carbs.

Thanks!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 09:18:41 PM »
Catherine, do you have a recipe for the cauliflower crust? I am trying to reduce my carbs.

Thanks!
Jennie

Steam a bag of frozen cauliflower or the equivalent in fresh.  I "mush" it in a clean dish towel to get out excess moisture and chop it into small bits.  Mix in a couple cups of mozzerella cheese, 3 eggs, and any spices (usually oregano for me) and pat out onto a parchment covered cookie sheet or pizza pan.  Bake at 400 until golden.  Peel off parchment and flip crust, then top and broil to heat toppings and melt the cheese.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 09:22:23 PM »

You all are BRILLIANT! I am soooo instituting this tradition this year.

Do you mind sharing your recipe for sourdough pizza crust? Thanks!! :)

M

I haven't tried it yet but was planning to use the No-Knead sourdough bread recipe from The Nourished Kitchen:  http://nourishedkitchen.com/no-knead-sourdough-bread/  I made the bread dough last week but had it rising in the oven and forgot I had turned it on.  :(

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 06:15:22 AM »

I haven't tried it yet but was planning to use the No-Knead sourdough bread recipe from The Nourished Kitchen:  http://nourishedkitchen.com/no-knead-sourdough-bread/  I made the bread dough last week but had it rising in the oven and forgot I had turned it on.  :(

Thank you!!
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 07:22:41 AM »

Thanks!
Jennie

Steam a bag of frozen cauliflower or the equivalent in fresh.  I "mush" it in a clean dish towel to get out excess moisture and chop it into small bits.  Mix in a couple cups of mozzerella cheese, 3 eggs, and any spices (usually oregano for me) and pat out onto a parchment covered cookie sheet or pizza pan.  Bake at 400 until golden.  Peel off parchment and flip crust, then top and broil to heat toppings and melt the cheese.

Thanks for the recipe.

How do you like this as a replacement for regular crust?   
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn