Author Topic: 34 days  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Cathie

34 days
« on: November 20, 2013, 08:42:28 AM »
I swear to you time is speeding up 😳

I received the box with Christmas Cards yesterday so I will need to buy stamps now.

I also received the box with photos I ordered.  I also bought the calendars for 88 cents each to make calendars for all the Grandparents and hubby.

I just received an email for 111 free pictures from snapfish.  So I will order pictures to get what I need to finish the calendars. 

I also bought glass blocks for Christmas presents.  So that will be my mother in laws present I am making a basket up for them with the block and the candle holder.

I still need to do my kids and all the men.  I got a lot to do still

Offline greyhoundgirl

Re: 34 days
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 08:54:09 AM »
It IS speeding up.  I have started knitting a hat for one child.  That is it.  I am planning to sit down with our bills and figure out exactly how much we can whittle out to spend.  I've got a few things put up from here and there for the kiddos but not their "big" present aside from the boys.  And I need to figure out what I'm doing for my parents still and get it done.  Also, the friends who treat my kids like family...want to do something for them but am just not good at the whole gifts thing plus they are hard to buy for (crowded small house with too much stuff in it already and we have completely different taste).

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 10:48:15 AM »
I have Caylon completely finished.  Hallelujah!!  She's getting..
~Bible Bag from thirty-one....$10 (discontinued print from ebay)
~sweater set from Christopher and Banks... .68!!! clearance + coupon code
~Chaco sandals....$35...end of season clearance
~robe....$10 clearance + coupon at Kohls
~ "Soft Kitty" (Big Bang) tee shirt from CBS store....$15 (one day sale)

$75.68  total

I have Lainey
~2 board games: Connect 4 and Perfection (clearance + coupon @ Kohls)
~going in half with Aaron for a trampline with enclosure for Lainey and Holden's big present.

I have Holden
~ "My first remote control car" (after Christmas sale from last year)
~ trampoline.
~Curious George tee-shirt.  FREE!!! Clearance @ Kohls for $4.68 and I used a $5 coupon/gift card thing.

Evan
~money for his savings account.

Aaron ???????  Lord have mercy I can't think of ANYTHING to get him.
~2 Under Armour type shirts to wear under his Kevlar vest at work (clearance + coupon at Target)
~insulated cup for him to take drinks in his car (clearance at Target) 

Sam and I don't exchange gifts and my parents have decided to leave at Christmas and go to the beach so I'm not worrying about a gift for them.  They're leaving at Thanksgiving too.  IMO, they're showing by their decisions that the holidays and family don't mean a lot to them so  :P

I won't see my sister or her family at all over the holidays so it's just going to be us Moores. 

Simple. (or it would be if I could think of something for Aaron   ???)

Beth

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:44:20 PM by mooremama »
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 11:09:39 AM »
I am done because I've quit. ;D

I've bought for Emily and a few things for the grandkids.  We'll round out their gifts with a little bit of money.  My husband and I don't exchange gifts, and we stopped exchanging with other family members years ago.

We try to keep it really simple around here...not having a lot to spend helps keep it that way. :D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 01:10:56 PM »
Almost Done! maybe? lol

Abby 12-
big lego box $7
2 small lego boxes wrapped together $3.50
leapster game $5.00
hair,jewelry,chapstick misc box(have to finish buying) $?

Keagan 10-
hand skate boards with ramp $10
hobbit lego box $12.25
2 beywheelzs $4.25
leapster game $5.00

Trenten 6-
Police city lego bigbox $8.25
police city lego cars $3.30
2 beywheelzs $4.25
leapster game $5.00

Ollie 3-
Chuck and Friends RC car $7.50
wooden blocks $5 garage sale
vsmile game $5.88
Train cars (have to buy)

My mom- new sweater from garage sale with tags $5
My Dad- almost new pearl snap shirt from consignment store $3

Me and hubby have decided to spend $50 on each other

Depending on Trents surgery date if we go see my mother in law or not, if we stay home I will send her a kids pic collage I made myself so with shipping maybe $10.
If we go see her one weekend before Christmas we will buy stuff for Christmas dinner at her house and  decorations for her house and get it all fixed up then go pick her up to surprise her from a relatives house where she has been staying since her husband passed last Jan then she had emergency back surgery in May. So we will probably spend and extra $20 on her and $20 at dollar store on nieces and nephews who we don't usually exchange gifts with but I don't want her to be the only one to be opening gifts.

Brother and Sis in law- Making a basket full of edible goodies bc they are hard to buy for but everyone has to eat lol.

I need one more stocking stuffer toy under $5 and a few pieces of candy.

So almost done now to wrap blah not my favorite thing to do.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 01:31:24 PM »
like your list Norma! Very organized!

Cheryl - good for you - we still buy for all the family - gets complicated sometimes!

Beth - you go girl - I still can't think of anything for Aaron  ;D

Cath - I have NOTHING for my kids - perhaps once I get past birthdays I can get this thing done!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 01:52:25 PM »
What I have so far:

Maddy-one t-shirt and a western shirt (both are her style, western one was on clearance at TSC a few weeks ago)--the t-shirt says "If I can't wear my boots, I'm not going."

Boys to share-big tub of K'nex bought super cheaply off Amazon-the complete Richard Scarry movies on DVD

Several assorted crafty kits from Target bought on clearance.  I think I have one for each child.

My dad-a warm-weather hat, kind of a Panama style with mesh and the panel that rolls down to cover the neck.  He works outside and wears a hat so I thought this would be good for him and it was on clearance at TSC for like $4.99.

I think I will be buying Phase 10 and Skip Bo for stocking stuffers for the older two.  Morgan is my hard one this year.  Not really sure what to get her at 7.  With the other girls being older she's gotten some of their doll and Barbie things passed down.

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 02:32:54 PM »
I edited my previous post and added a few things that I had forgotten.  I also listed Caylon's complete gift list. 

I was inspired by Norma and Catherine's complete lists.  ;D
Beth
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 02:33:49 PM by mooremama »
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 05:39:18 AM »
love the lists Beth, Cath, and Norma

I need to do that ---- man you guys are lucky we buy for EVERYBODY - goodness it gets to be a lot  ::) ::) ::)

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 12:21:41 PM »
We used to buy for more when we first got married.  It just got to be too much.  Living out here away from the in-laws, I guess maybe it's easier to get by with...they don't buy for us either.  Sometimes that irritates me, though, that Earl's mom doesn't buy for my kids when she buys for the other grandkids (who I doubt buy for her either, though to be fair I'm not there to know this for sure).  It's okay, though.  We do buy for my parents.  Since I come from a family with 2 kids and my brother has been out of work for so long (and all grandparents are deceased), they wouldn't get anything many years if we didn't buy for them.  I know they'd be okay with it if we didn't, but it's kind of sad to have Christmas without any surprises, you know?  And they are always so good about remembering the kids' b-days and buying for them for Christmas.

Anyway, yesterday I used the Target Cartwheel coupon for 40% off and bought super cute boots for Mallory for about $16 after tax. I really debated giving them to her now but discussed it with Earl and decided to put them up for Christmas.  They are the Ugg style with big buttons on the sides and soft furry insides, but made of gold lame'.  She's my "fashion" loving kid and will be thrilled.

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 01:31:49 PM »
Ahhhh!  TIME - slow down, please!!  Here is what's on my list (italicized items have been bought/made already...you'll see there aren't many ;D).  Jean and I go a little crazy for each others' gifts.  I do a '12 Days of Christmas' thing for him leading up to December 25th, I put together a Christmas Eve Box containing things like hot chocolate, slippers, and PJ pants for both of us, then he gets a little something on Christmas Day.  Stockings will just be small, fun things like candy :)

Mom
Coconut Gift Set from Body Shop (haven't bought the set yet, but I did buy a Body Shop Groupon)
Mason Jar Cranberry Soap from Bath & Body Works
Sparkly socks (making; first one almost done!)
Sparkly fingerless mittens (if I have enough time)

Dad
?? ??? ?? ??? ??

Brother & Sister-in-Law
They've 'opted out' of gift giving

Nieces
No toys - I will give books or craft supplies.

Jean - Christmas Eve Box
PJ pants
Flannel Sheets
Christmas DVD?

Jean - Christmas Day
Possibly an XBOX Kinect game (he has a few on his list, but they are pricey!)

Jean's 12 Days of Christmas (this year's theme is 'entertainment'
1- David Ford Book
2- Big Bang Theory Season 5
3- Redskins lottery scratchers
4- Madden 25 on XBOX Kinect
5- Big Bang Theory Season 6
6- Alamo Drafthouse gift card
7- Retro handyman book
8- Big Bang Theory Season 7
9- Magazine
10- Bluetooth shower speaker
11- Harry Potter coffee mug
12- ??? Maybe an iPad case? Big Bang Theory card game? Another small gift card? ???

Whew!  That's ENOUGH!

M :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cathie

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 05:51:12 AM »
love your list Mandy  ;D

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 09:24:50 AM »
time is flying!

I need my oldest to give is a list of what the would like.  Trevor has one thing on his list.. a Playstation 3.  At least the PS4 has come out so maybe the PS3 will go down in price a bit.

My husband.. I have NO clue what to get him.  He never wants anything.  He's so opposite of me.. I have a huge list of wants!   ;D

Offline Cathie

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 10:03:33 AM »
I do a lot of shopping yesterday and today, most of it on Amazon  ;)

I already received some stuff I ordered yesterday - it came today - freaky!

I think I have: my nephew (he wants cash only) - not sure about that though, my brother, my father in law (although I am doing some sort of a gift basket for him and my mother-in-law  I still think I will get him something else) Sydney(?) not sure if I have enough for her, and I know I need to send pictures to be printed for calendars and photo frames for Grandparents I think I am done

Hubby and I are not buying for each other so that's one less - although I will buy "something special  ;)"

I will make my detailed list on Monday - kids are home today and I need to pull it all out across the floor so I can "see" it  ;D

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 10:32:05 AM »
We ordered our Christmas cards last night and some 50%-off return address labels.  I also ordered one of Jean's gifts today.  Getting there!

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥