Author Topic: 39 days  (Read 3883 times)

Offline Cathie

39 days
« on: November 15, 2013, 06:01:25 AM »
 :o :o :o :o

Wow!!! time is speeding up  I swear it is

So this week I have managed to -

make a Christmas plan
order Christmas cards - got 40% off and free shipping
order Christmas photo book - I got it for free so I will wrap and give to hubby  ;)
bought some more baking/making supplies for Christmas - have a nice supply to start
got supplies to make in-laws present - went back yesterday and bought more glitter
bought St Nick candy - still need to get them books - this needs to be done ASAP as St Nick is on Dec 6

Still a lot to do but I do feel like I am getting somewhere now  ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:11:21 AM by Cathie »

Offline Proudmama

Re: 39 days
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 06:48:54 AM »
You really need to stop this, Cathie!!

Our funds are severely limited this year but I am just going to do the best I can.  We decided that the toy and book we bought for each of Doug's nieces is all we are giving them this year.  We usually get them clothes, too but are skipping that this year.  I think I will make the whole family cookies and fudge.

We have decided on the main gift that we will give Zachary, Madelyn and Molly.  Zachary and Madelyn's won't have to be paid for until after Christmas which helps.  We still need a main gift for Corey.

I have bought one thing for Corey's girlfriend but need two more I think.  I have ordered a few books and movies for the girls, some dance clothes for Madelyn and a few clothing items for both girls.  Today, I am going to get the ingredients for Doug's Christmas fruitcakes.  We have one thing for Doug's mom, too.

Doug took off the Monday after Thanksgiving so we will go shopping together.  I hope to make a HUGE dent in the shopping and hopefully finish up most of it even. 

I already feel panicky and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet!

Denise

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 07:16:20 AM »
You seem like you have a good plan in place

Do you really need more gifts for the girlfriend? I mean one gift sounds plenty to me  ;) :-*

I am trying to limit the gifts myself.  I am think we will buy the kids 3 each and then one from each sibling so 5 total - I think that is more then enough

Hubby and I are not really exchanging but I did get the album for free so he will get that and I am thinking instead of the tv for our room perhaps some stuff for the RV - we will see. I will also get him something "personal for me to wear" - he really likes this and it is a present he opens in our room later  ;)

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 07:49:28 AM »
Argh....Noooooo!  :P  I am doing so bad with gifts.  We do have a few odds and ends of things socked away for the kids, stuff bought here and there on a good sale or clearance.  I have good intentions to work on crafty things in the evenings but then evening rolls around and I just want to curl with a good book or TV show and veg.  :(  Gotta get my rear in gear.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 07:50:15 AM »
Cathie - You crack me up!

I only got Corey's girlfriend a little thing so I wanted to get her a few more.  We are very close and I feel as though she is another one of my children!  I don 't get her as much as the rest but will get her a few more things.  I am a very good shopper, though so it won't be too much more money.

Doug and I just get each other a few little things and the kids exchange with each other and each of them usually gets us one thing.  Last year, I had the bib from Doug's first marathon framed for his main gift.  I have absolutely no ideas this year although we may buy a new TV for our bedroom so that may be what we do instead of individual gifts.  Seriously, he has me.  What more could he possibly need?  😉

Denise

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 08:04:03 AM »

make a Christmas plan
order Christmas photo book - I got it for free so I will wrap and give to hubby  ;)
bought some more baking/making supplies for Christmas - have a nice supply to start
got supplies to make in-laws present - went back yesterday and bought more glitter
bought St Nick candy - still need to get them books - this needs to be done ASAP as St Nick is on Dec 6

Whew, girl...reading your list makes me tired!  :)  Sounds like you are on a roll.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 08:34:57 AM »
Argh....Noooooo!  :P  I am doing so bad with gifts.  We do have a few odds and ends of things socked away for the kids, stuff bought here and there on a good sale or clearance.  I have good intentions to work on crafty things in the evenings but then evening rolls around and I just want to curl with a good book or TV show and veg.  :(  Gotta get my rear in gear.

me too that's why I'm trying to write it all down  ;)

I am planning on doing a crafting day on Monday so hopefully I can get something done too  ;)

Offline Cathie

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 08:35:33 AM »

make a Christmas plan

Whew, girl...reading your list makes me tired!  :)  Sounds like you are on a roll.

hahahaha thanks  :-* :-*

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 08:39:32 AM »
You gals sound like you have a handle on things!  Yay you!

As for me, I will just keep "deep breathing, deep breathing, deep breathing"!! 

I need to take some time to go through what I have and hopefully find myself to be pleasantly surprised that most of my shopping is done!!  (not so much, but at least I can make a list, and go from there).  Today would be a good day for that job.

In the meantime, if you all need an avoidance tool (something I tend to look for this time of year), here is a website (besides pinterest) to check out:

http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook/
Have fun, and I will see you in the avoidance aisle!   ;)
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

Offline Cathie

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 11:08:06 AM »
You gals sound like you have a handle on things!  Yay you!

As for me, I will just keep "deep breathing, deep breathing, deep breathing"!! 

I need to take some time to go through what I have and hopefully find myself to be pleasantly surprised that most of my shopping is done!!  (not so much, but at least I can make a list, and go from there).  Today would be a good day for that job.

In the meantime, if you all need an avoidance tool (something I tend to look for this time of year), here is a website (besides pinterest) to check out:

http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook/
Have fun, and I will see you in the avoidance aisle!   ;)
Pam

good luck with your lists

thanks for the website :-*

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 06:27:08 PM »
Cathie I had to laugh when I read about your "gift" for later as well  :-X

I have a few things bought but really need to get in gear myself. I'm usually reminding Cathie but this time the time just got away from me  ???

Time to get myself in gear too  ;D

Laurie
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline luvs2scrpbk

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 10:42:39 AM »
Pam what a great website, thanks,  I think I am going to try the no bake pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving!!
Laurie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2013, 03:32:33 PM »
Cathie - where did you get your cards from?

Offline Cathie

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 11:12:25 AM »
Erica -

I did shutterfly. I have a code I can send you. It's expires in December. 
Text me if you want it and I'll send it ❤💋