Author Topic: Thursday Nov. 21  (Read 4229 times)

Offline bobbie78

Thursday Nov. 21
« on: November 21, 2013, 03:45:12 AM »
Good morning, ladies. It's 41 here this morning, which isnt too bad, but I'm freezing!!!!! Im looking forward to a hot shower in a bit! I've got to go to the doctor this morning. Then I need to stop at the grocery and pick up some items for our Thanksgiving dinner next week. I'm a bad dinner roll maker so I always purchase the hawaiian rolls. I saw where Aldi has their brand of hawaiian rolls for much cheaper than the original. Any of you tried them???

For breakfast I am enjoying a hot cup of tea. Here in a bit I'm going to make Chad some eggs and hashbrowns. We are getting farm fresh eggs now from our ladies and they are delicious!

Today I need to vacuum and sweep and mop the kitchen. Would also like to declutter the bedroom a bit.

For dinner, it will be potato soup and dumplins that I didnt make the other day. You all have a wonderful Thursday! Pixie, praying for you!!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline wrancher

Re: Thursday Nov. 21
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 06:13:25 AM »
Good Morning Bobbie and all who follow

It is -3 windchill and 14 here. Welcome to South Dakota where it can be 55 1 day and -3 the next! ugh  Welcome to winter. So this morning will be helping DH chop ice  and chores. Yesterday we also branded heifers so I didnt get as much inside done/ Oh well. We try to get all the outside projects done in nice weather so we can do inside projects during ucjy

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 07:19:14 AM »
Good Morning Everyone!

I have the washer going as usual don't want to get behind again. Not much going on today just laundry and kitchen cleanup, need to run to walmart for a few things also.

Rather annoyed still, I was sitting with Ollie on couch last night at 9pm bc he has a bad cold and cough then my phone rings from this Hollywood Florida number that has been bothering me for atleast 2 weeks so I finally answer it and they say I won a week in Florida and a cruise to the Bahamas If I give them $249 for the first 2 people with a card over the phone right then. It was late and I was tired so I nicely told them where they could shove their scam. They told me I entered a drawing at ballonfest which we did but I thought it was for the red atv thing they had sitting there so either they were scam artist or they sold our info. I emailed the ballonfest people who put it on bc I think they should protect our resident more I thought it was a local business giving away the atv.
Guess Ill just have more coffee and maybe some chocolate and fine my happy place lol.
Have a great day everyone.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline RenKnitter

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 08:02:26 AM »
It was late and I was tired so I nicely told them where they could shove their scam. They told me I entered a drawing at ballonfest which we did but I thought it was for the red atv thing they had sitting there so either they were scam artist or they sold our info. I emailed the ballonfest people who put it on bc I think they should protect our resident more I thought it was a local business giving away the atv.

My husband registered for a drawing at a Bass Pro Shops and started getting these calls and junk mail trying to sell him time share, hunting vacations, fishing trips, etc. When you register for those things, read the fine print.  They are a way for the scam artists to get your name, phone number, email, etc.  My husband said that he will no longer register for those things - it just isn't worth the hassle.

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 08:19:54 AM »
I wont be doing any of them ever again either!
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 08:34:35 AM »
Good morning.

I've had a busy morning so far.  Between getting everyone out the door fed, dressed and with lunch boxes, 2 little boys fed and dressed, animals fed, laundry washed and on the line, beds changed and wood carried in, I'm pooped. Lol.  I chatted with a friend on FB for awhile and jumped up to change a stinky boy and here I am again.  I just can't seem to get out of the recliner. Lol. 

I think Holden may be getting sick.  :'( He crawled up on my lap at 9:30 this morning and fell fast asleep.  That is totally unheard of with him.  He's got some congestion and has been falling and walking into things more so he may have some fluid and/or an ear infection in his right ear. 

Aaron will be waking up around noon today and I'll see what he wants to do about Holden's possible ear infection.  I may be taking him to the doctor this afternoon.  Holden's ears are a tricky thing to figure out.   Aaron had ear infections as a child and he always had a temp and screamed in pain with his ears.  Holden has been known to never show one symptom of ear pain or infection but then end up with a ruptured ear drum. 

The rest of the day will be spent dusting and dust mopping my bedroom.  I also have to put up a bunch of stuff that has accumulated in there the last week.  I have my menu made for the next 2 weeks so now I need to get my grocery list finished.  Sam gets paid this afternoon so I'll need to get the bills lined up and the budget notebook out and ready.  :-\ 

Aaron works tonight too so I'll have Holden duty all night.  Caylon is taking her 2 kids to a friend's house for a play date and while Kelly has Lainey and Evan, Caylon will finish up her Christmas shopping.  Depending on Holden's condition, Sam and I may take him to Bojangles for supper and go to TSC for dog food and chicken feed.  It will be nice to have Sam with me to lift those 50 pound bags.  Normally I have to take both boys and load/unload the bags myself. 

Gotta scoot.  Evan is getting hungry. 

Beth
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:44:13 AM by mooremama »
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 08:39:01 AM »
Aye law....just read over my post and it seems really rambling to me.  Sorry if it makes no sense whatsoever....my brain is scrambled.  :D

Beth
Beth in western NC
MIL to Bo

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 08:47:27 AM »
Beth, you made sense to me! :)

Emily never showed signs of an ear infection either.  My oldest daughter had pain, fever, and screamed at the top of her lungs, so they're all different, I guess.

I am determined to have a good day today.  It's my birthday and I've been feeling a little down because tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of my brother's murder.  It seems wrong to have fun when the next day I have to face that loss once again.  I know it's something that will never go away but it still hurts. :'(

Anyway, I am going to spend the day with my girls and the grandbabies.  I don't know what we'll do, but we'll get into something. ;)

Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 08:55:11 AM »
Good morning!

Sitting here having my oatmeal.  I bought a bunch (as in 25 lbs) of steel cut oats several months back and am trying to put them on the breakfast menu more often.  But, I have one child who LOVES oatmeal and four who complain whenever I make it, so it is discouraging to make it more.  :P  Where did I go wrong?  They all ate it just fine as babies, but I guess I didn't make it often enough the last couple of years.

Nothing much planned for today.  It's our usual day to hike but most of the Wildlife Refuge is closed for the annual deer hunt.  They hold a lottery and draw names for people to get to get a deer or elk in those seasons.  We could still hike in one of the two open areas but I just feel safer not doing so today.  :) 

Slowly, but surely, I'm getting some of the house decluttered.  The garage makes me want to cry but there is so much stuff out there I need Earl's help with that I just don't want to even try to tackle it.  Maybe he'll stay home long enough this weekend to work on it.

Sheets are in the wash (mine) and I need to do my coverlet next.  One of the cats apparently upchucked a hairball and accompanying liquids last night.  :(   Ellie, our elderly dog, has been sick the past couple of days.  We are trying giving her some antibiotics at home to see how she does, hoping to avoid a big vet bill.  I'll see how she is this afternoon and make the call then if needed.

Dinner tonight is white bean soup with ham (from the ham bone Earl brought home from work Friday) and cornbread or fritters.

Catherine

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 09:45:33 AM »
Janice, that's COLD!  I just finished re-reading The Long Winter yesterday and that helps me picture winter for you.  :)  We are supposed to have a high of 72 today but then a HIGH of 34 tomorrow with possible ice.  This has been a strange fall.

So I just pulled up TWC online and they say a high of 31 tomorrow.  80% chance of rain and in the 20's tonight.  More chance of wintry mix Sunday.  Guess I will do a little bit of prep just in case (put some water in jars in the fridge, etc...).  Ice is so bad about making us lose power.  Hopefully, it won't amount to much but I've learned the hard way to be prepared.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:50:52 AM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 09:52:38 AM »
Catherine,

I feel the same way about  my basement.  It is so overwhelming that I could cry also.  I have told both kids and Sam that this is the weekend we're tackling it.  Either they help me or I'm throwing everything away that's out of place or in my way.  They've been warned..... 8)

Beth
Beth in western NC
MIL to Bo

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 09:59:23 AM »
Catherine,

I feel the same way about  my basement.  It is so overwhelming that I could cry also.  I have told both kids and Sam that this is the weekend we're tackling it.  Either they help me or I'm throwing everything away that's out of place or in my way.  They've been warned..... 8)

Beth

Sounds like a plan!  :P  There is so much out in the garage that I need to go through but it's hard to get to it.  Earl has these giant totes he bought for his military gear when he was in and they are HEAVY.  Then he has his homemade workbench that blocks one end.  Then I have all sorts of odds and ends of gardening stuff, buckets of laundry detergent, sugar, oats, etc... .  And the laundry, since the washer and dryer is out there.  All our camping gear.  I have to quit thinking about it or I will melt down in a big puddle of tears and get nothing done today, lol.

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2013, 10:19:03 AM »
We have camping stuff, canning stuff, Aaron's hunting stuff (and he's got TONS of things; clothes, tree stands, bows, big targets for bows,) his 2 gun safes, totes upon totes of kids clothing, exercise equipment, toys, off season clothes, and on and on and on. 

We also have an air hockey table that I would love to be able to dig out so I can post it on an online yard sale site and see if I can sell it.  That is my main objective for this weekend...

Beth
Beth in western NC
MIL to Bo

Offline Rooney

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2013, 01:06:51 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 05:13:06 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Thank you, Lindsay.  I had a nice day out with my girls and the little ones. :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn