Author Topic: December Menus  (Read 4530 times)

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
Re: December Menus
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 01:05:29 PM »
I couldn't do it to Sam either.  Sam is really good at eating whatever is sat in front of him too. 

Of course the kids would absolutely love PBJ's every meal.   ;D

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 01:38:54 PM »
Wow, Denise. I agree with Beth. My hair would be pulled out by handfuls! Bless your heart!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 01:41:21 PM »
wow Denise - I feel your pain, I am sorry same troubles here

beans - Jay occasionally will eat them (rarely), kids hate them, I like them
lentils - I am the only one who likes them
red sauce (spaghetti/pizza) my girls HATE so each week I make 2 types of pizza
lasagna - my girls wont eat, my boys love it
no seafood
Jay hate tacos - kids love it
risotto - Sydney and I love - everyone else no

each week meal plan makes me insane cause I simply can not please everyone

like today - I have made beef stew in the crockpot - Jarod and Sammie will HATE it, Jay and Sydney will love it  :o >:( ;) I can't win

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 04:14:32 PM »
Cathie - And they wonder why we are grumpy sometimes!

Denise

Offline Cathie

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 04:20:38 PM »
Cathie - And they wonder why we are grumpy sometimes!

Denise

Amen!!

Offline allison5273

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 06:21:20 PM »
Same problems here:
DH does not like breakfast for dinner, or any meatless meals, or stir fry
 DD 1 Does not like meat ,or anything Mexican
DS does not like anything Italian, or soup, or grilled food in the winter, or pork
DD 2 does not like any Asian food
DD3 hates random things on different nights, she is 4 and the only thing I can count on with her is pasta
They all at like leftovers are my way of punishing them. When my oldest DS still lived at home there were even more dislikes I was expected to consider.
I try not to cook something everyone hates but I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to please them all every night.

Offline jrejhkids

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 08:08:45 PM »
I was trying to help my 20 year old daughter plan some menus for her.  She moved out last summer but lived with a couple from her church.  Last week she moved into her own place with a roommate and now she needs to plan meals.  She loves meat and hates beans.  She needs to limit her cheese and milk due to lactose intolerant.  She can't come "shopping" at mom and dad's for meat, so she has to learn to make some meatless meals and use meat as a "flavor", not the main course. 

I am having a hard time with meal planning now that there are just three of us.  I end up having leftovers a lot more during the week.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 09:28:45 AM »
The food thing has been a journey here as well.  I did not grow up eating beans and don't really care for them all that much even now.  But I do it to help stretch the budget.  Earl is also very good about eating whatever I cook without complaint and sets a good example for the kids.  He has just a few things he doesn't care for but will eat them anyway knowing I am trying to keep our budget low while still buying super nutritious foods.  The kids don't all love everything I make either, but are required to try a bite.  After that, they can eat it or not, but if they choose not to, they wait till the next meal to eat (no snacking either, if they make this choice).  I realize food allergies or intolerances are a whole 'nother ballgame from pickiness.  Maddy is my one kid who seems to have texture issues with foods like oats and rice and I do believe that's a real issue, so am a  little flexible with that.  I occasionally will let her make her own sandwich or heat up some other leftovers if we are having something heavy on rice or whatever, though this seems to be improving for her with age and trying the foods more and more.  I guess I just don't have either the patience and definitely not the budget to deal with pickiness at this stage, lol.  But we all have our own ways of dealing with this and have to make things work for our own families as best we can with what we have.  :)  And from what I see, you ALL do a good job of that in your own ways.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:36:03 AM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline hen41500

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 11:33:16 AM »
Catherine,       VERY encouraging words!!!!  I love this network of women, I am new but have gleaned so many insights and ideas from reading  :)

~Heather~

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 02:03:08 PM »
Catherine - I agree with everything you said.  I wasn't nearly as accommodating with Corey when he was younger but I make more of an effort now since he doesn't live here and the food at school is terrible!  I especially make more of an effort when he is only here for a short time such as Thanksgiving.  A few days or a week isn't going to break my budget especially since I plan ahead and can make some cheaper veggie meals leading up to the time he is home.  Over Christmas and especially the summer, it is too hard so there are just some days we have something he really hates.  I do try to have at least one thing he likes and he always has the option to make something else or go out with friends those days.  I wish Molly's issues were as easy to handle!

Denise

Offline Cathie

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 02:08:50 PM »
I agree Cath

I agree Denise, wish Molly's issues were easier for you too  ;) ;)

I try to accommodate Jay first and foremost - that doesn't always work but I try

Whatever I do decide to make I do make everyone eat it - I just hate making "I hate meals" and then watch everyone be miserable  ;)