Author Topic: Monday November 25, 2013  (Read 1808 times)

Offline bobbie78

Monday November 25, 2013
« on: November 25, 2013, 05:38:55 AM »
Good morning!!!
It's bitter out there this morning! A nice cold 11 degrees. So thankful that I don't have to go out in this today.

We went yesterday and got all we needed for our Thanksgiving feast. I'm having a dinner at my house Tuesday with my in-laws coming over. Then on Thursday I am going to my sister's house to have dinner with my side of the family. I can't wait! All this yummy food and family time. We truly have lots to be thankful for!

Today I have to get some last minute house cleaning done before our guests arrive tomorrow. I also have some laundry to do.  I have blueberry muffins in the oven right now. They sure smell yummy!  I have no clue what is for dinner tonight. So I need to figure that out.

You all have a wonderful day!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday November 25, 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 08:04:19 AM »
Good Morning

I am actually in the house yet. DH hasnt said anything about needing me for chores this morning so I am actually doing housework, then bookwork. I know it wont last for long so taking full advantage over it. I finally got the tile up on outside bottom of tub and I got the stairway and hallway painted. Looks so much better. I need to wash stairs and floors and a million other things. I went to go sand and poly the railing but couldnt get the 1 sander to work or find the other 1. I found the missing sander last night so will go work on that at some point today. DD has a home game at 4 today. I will have something in crockpot as we will all be home at a normal time to eat supper as a family!! I bought a lens for camera at Bestbuy but found 1 online cheaper and I havent taking this 1 out of box yet so I want to return this 1. Need to check to see if I can before I order it.  Will check in later

Have a great day

Janice

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 08:26:58 AM »
Good morning!

Its the beginning of the "oh so light homeschool schedule" for us!  I love this time of year so I lighten things up and we enjoy the season. Ahhh, baking together, candles, decorations, movies and music.  Its my favorite time of year!

Yesterday, I decorated so my tree is up and looking beautiful.  Just need to get the stockings hung by the chimney with care.  ;)

Not a heck of a lot happening today.  Need to run to the post office and Trevor has swim practice.  I have not menu planned this week so I need to do that today as well as normal household chores.   :P

Have a great day everyone!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
Good morning!

Just finished my delicious caramel-flavored coffee and a mock S-bux lemon cake (healthy version) for breakfast and am getting ready to review my to-do list.  I usually write out my personal 1-year goals every Sunday, then do my monthly goals at the very end of one month or very beginning, just depending on when Sunday falls in that.  And then weekly, I take things from the monthly list and put them down to do.  But, being gone to Dallas last week I didn't do that and so I need to focus on the list this week.  We decided to invite a family of 6 for Thanksgiving for dinner when we found out they were not going anywhere, soooo, I need to figure out seating.  Also, their four kids are about the same age as my younger four, so do I use the good china for the little kids or give them Corelle plates?  I don't know the etiquette for that and this is my first year actually having china to use.  You may remember I got it when we went to Ky in Dec/Jan and brought back our things that had been in storage in my in-laws basement.  I believe I have service for 12 so am thinking to give the 2 YO, 3 YO (mine) and 4 YO Corelle plates---does that sound okay?

Anyhow, I want to pace myself and get any deep cleaning done early in the week so that Wednesday is free for baking.  I also have a funeral to attend Wed. at 2 PM, so really want to not be stressing that day.  Since I just deep cleaned and rearranged the living room less than 2 weeks ago, it just needs a bit of touching up, but the kitchen could use a little TLC.  Also, still working in my bedroom.  Got a fair amount done last week but need to delutter the top of the cedar chest, move some things, etc... .  When going through the garage this weekend, I found some clothing given to me last year and it now fits since I've lost weight!  That is really exciting as I've made it through the past year with only one pair of jeans.  Now I have 3 new ones, plus some other pants, sweaters, skirts, etc..., but I had just cleaned out my closet and may need to do another pass to make room for everything.

Sorry for the book...I get typing and my brain gets moving.  :) 

Dinner tonight is chicken and dumplings and either broccoli or green beans.

Have a wonderful Monday!
Catherine

Offline Rooney

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 12:44:43 PM »
Catherine,
You are brave if you put out your good china.  My 4 year old has been teaching me lately that Corelle will even break if you drop it just right. :)   :)

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 01:14:52 PM »
Catherine,
You are brave if you put out your good china.  My 4 year old has been teaching me lately that Corelle will even break if you drop it just right. :)   :)

Our Corelle and Duralex both break on the tile.  :(  I trust MY kids with the china, just not theirs.  Mine know it belonged to my Grandma and that it is special to me.  Their two youngest are a bit out of control IMO so I figured I would just lump Max with them and not let any of the little ones use the china.  That way it doesn't seem like I'm singling them out.