Author Topic: Thursday, November 28th, 2013  (Read 1667 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Thursday, November 28th, 2013
« on: November 28, 2013, 06:43:58 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving!

Turkey going in in just a minute.  House is in pretty good shape.  Kids will give their bathroom (the main bath) a onceover, and I need to still iron the tablecloth and napkins and set the tables after breakfast is cleaned up.  Oh, and peel 10 lbs of potatoes, but I'm pretty fast at that.

Hope you all have a wonderful time today with your families and friends!  I am thankful for all of you and your friendship and encouragement.

Catherine

Offline bobbie78

Re: Thursday, November 28th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 09:01:36 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving, Catherine and all who follow!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 09:28:34 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Denise

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 10:08:10 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving!  :)  We are taking the day at a leisurely pace. I'm downloading Rick Steves' European Christmas from iTunes to watch later as a family. The girls are making the cranberry sauce, and I'm defrosting a blueberry coconut coffee cake that I bought at a church bake sale. DS brought out Monopoly to play later, which will be fun. I said I'll play as long as I get to be the banker!  ;)

I'm so thankful for so many things.

Have a wonderful day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 01:42:37 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving dear friends. We have had a wonderful gluten free meal. I love Pinterest. I found recipes for gf pie crust, egg noodles, and soft rolls. Everything was so good. Gluten free things are much more filling to me. I ate one plate and feel stuffed. Of course it was mostly carbs. LOL

We visited Kevin's mom for a while this morning. She was looking and acting good, and surprised to see us.  ;) My mom was going to my brother's house for the day. Then we came home and started the rolls and noodles. I made the pie and cooked the turkey yesterday. I also made real whipped cream with 3 squirts of Stevia and a little real vanilla. It is so much better than cool whip and lots better for us. Now we have leftovers for supper, then I will put things away and wash the pans. I  think we can eat for the rest of the weekend on this. LOL

No plans for Black Friday shopping. Nothing I need that bad.  :o It might be better if I don't see a JoAnn's ad, though.  ;) Kevin has already informed me that if I go to St. Joe tomorrow, I am on my own.  ??? LOL A few years ago when they had flannel on sale, he took me down at 5 a.m. I didn't get out until about 11. He was waiting out in the car and finally came to see what was taking me so long. I waited in line for 2 hours to get fabric cut and another hour to get to the cash register. He told me that day, never again for him. LOL

You all have a wonderful and blessed day with your families. If you do the shopping thing later or tomorrow, please be careful and stay safe. Love  you all.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie