Author Topic: 26 Days  (Read 4922 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

26 Days
« on: November 29, 2013, 02:57:39 AM »
Just getting an updated thread started for Cathie.  ;)

We ended up not getting the Kindle Fire for Maddy.  Didn't want to have to go shop on Thanksgiving, for one, and also spotted these and decided to go this route instead:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Proscan-7-Tablet-8GB-Memory-with-Bonus-Keyboard-Case/29017591  After discussing it and the ways it can be used for homeschooling, we went with these for the four older kids and ordered them Wednesday evening, each with a different color case with the bonus being we can tell them apart, lol.  Earl read the reviews on Amazon since there were so few on the wmart site and it sounds decent for the price.  Also, with some sort of google app, you can play Netflix, so if we subscribe to that again at some point, they will be able to watch (with permission).  We also like the versatility the keyboard gives for some uses.

And, on the bright side, aside from stocking stuffers, I am done shopping for the kids.  This is a bit more than we usually spend, at least for the younger ones, but I think it will be useful.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:03:13 AM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline Cathie

Re: 26 Days
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 06:52:10 AM »
those are awesome Cath - I am sure the kids will enjoy them!

26 days  :o

wow - wee time is speeding up

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 07:39:05 AM »
I have nothing else to report. We've not done one blessed thing as far as Christmas goes.   :P

We are still drawing a blank as far as Aaron goes.  And we have no extra money for anything....UGH.

Hmpph. 

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 07:44:24 AM »
Ended up buying wire strippers online for my dad this morning.  I had them sent to my parents' house in my mom's name and she will wrap them for me, that way I didn't have to pay shipping to mail them.

Offline RenKnitter

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 08:06:53 AM »
I didn't have to pay shipping to mail them.

We have Amazon Prime, and it is wonderful for gifts.  We can order something and have it shipped directly to family in Alabama, and we don't have to pack, go to the post office, etc.

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 09:45:20 AM »
Thanks for sharing the link Catherine. I might have to ask hubby for one lol, all I do online is this site and a few blogs and facebook it sure would be nice to sit anywhere in the house or yard that I wanted and I could move our desktop puter bc right now its in the way.

I haven't bought anything else for Christmas I have to get all the bills paid first to see if there is anything left.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 01:07:34 PM »
I didn't have to pay shipping to mail them.

We have Amazon Prime, and it is wonderful for gifts.  We can order something and have it shipped directly to family in Alabama, and we don't have to pack, go to the post office, etc.

I know...it sure does help!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 01:41:31 PM »
just bought some stuff from CBD - free shipping

and 5 magazine subscriptions

I am getting sooooooo close to being done now!

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 01:55:28 PM »
I thought of something to get Aaron!!!!  Yee-haa  ;D ;D ;D

We are getting him a game cam to mount over his food plots for deer.  It's at Cabelas, an online Black Friday deal.  It's normally $179.99, on sale for $129.99 with a $30 mail in rebate plus Free shipping. 

SCORE!!!  YES!!!!

I am soooo happy.  :D

Beth
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:56:38 PM by mooremama »
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 02:56:10 PM »

We are getting him a game cam to mount over his food plots for deer.  It's at Cabelas, an online Black Friday deal.  It's normally $179.99, on sale for $129.99 with a $30 mail in rebate plus Free shipping. 

SCORE!!!  YES!!!!

Beth

congrats!!!!
one less stress  ;)

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 03:18:39 PM »

SCORE!!!  YES!!!!

Beth

YAY, I know that's a weight off your mind!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 07:34:44 AM »
Just getting an updated thread started for Cathie.  ;)

We ended up not getting the Kindle Fire for Maddy.  Didn't want to have to go shop on Thanksgiving, for one, and also spotted these and decided to go this route instead:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Proscan-7-Tablet-8GB-Memory-with-Bonus-Keyboard-Case/29017591  After discussing it and the ways it can be used for homeschooling, we went with these for the four older kids and ordered them Wednesday evening, each with a different color case with the bonus being we can tell them apart, lol.  Earl read the reviews on Amazon since there were so few on the wmart site and it sounds decent for the price.  Also, with some sort of google app, you can play Netflix, so if we subscribe to that again at some point, they will be able to watch (with permission).  We also like the versatility the keyboard gives for some uses.

And, on the bright side, aside from stocking stuffers, I am done shopping for the kids.  This is a bit more than we usually spend, at least for the younger ones, but I think it will be useful.

I wanted to get that one Cath in pink but apparently it's gone so I ordered this one - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Visual-Land-Prestige-7-Tablet-8GB-memory-Google-Mobile-Services-with-Bonus-Screen-Cover/30845915

hope she likes it - thanks

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 07:43:32 PM »

Cathie, did you have a code for free shipping from CBD?

Thanks,
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline Cathie

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 08:10:34 PM »

Cathie, did you have a code for free shipping from CBD?

Thanks,
Jennie

right on their website is one - you have till the 5th to use it
http://www.christianbook.com/page/search/google/google-free-shipping-through-dec-5th?kw=cbd%20promotion%20code&mt=b&dv=c&event=PPCSRC&p=1165907&gclid=CLyBjYmKk7sCFSdp7AodKXAA1A

Offline gaggleofseven

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 08:11:37 PM »
Thank you!  :)

I just saved $7.95 on shipping. Thanks again!!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:35:46 PM by gaggleofseven »
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!