Author Topic: Friday, November 29th, 2013  (Read 1902 times)

Offline greyhoundgirl

Friday, November 29th, 2013
« on: November 29, 2013, 03:02:46 AM »
Good morning, too early, but hey!  I have been tossing and turning with a sour stomach so finally got up about 3 and took a bath, then got on the computer.  I am supposed to grocery shop bright and early, but it's not sounding quite so fun at the moment.  :P  Maybe I can catch a nap this afternoon.

Our Thanksgiving was nice.  The people who came over have four children close in age to my younger four, so they had loads of fun playing.  The kids were exhausted and crashed last night...the three youngest were asleep before I went to tuck them in.

I've been browsing online a bit, but not buying anything fun.  Digestive enzymes and gelatin powder are in my cart.  Exciting, huh?  :D  The  joys of getting older.

I think I have pizza on the menu for this evening. 

Catherine

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, November 29th, 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 06:16:00 AM »
Good Morning

Finally an at home weekend. We went to the city to MIl

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 06:46:22 AM »
I'm finally rolling out of bed on a rare weekday off! Quite nice. Everyone who is home is sleeping soundly. I have to get to the recycling place this morning, the bank and my son wants a haircut sometime today (no, I'm not doing his--you know, college boy needs something a bit better than a mom haircut--I'm too afraid I'll mess up!). I may treat myself to a special little Dutch store for some Dutch goodies. I love dutch cheese and peppermints and a few other things. I'm all alone and I don't have to cook since there are plenty of leftovers.

Yesterday, we had 11 people for dinner. It was a fun time and I did two chickens and a small ham. We could have done one chicken and the ham with the sides and that would have been plenty. But, now I have chicken leftovers for potpie, soup, and whatever else I can think of. I allowed my guests to take home containers for a lunch today and most gladly took them.

I'm enjoying my coffee and eggs on italian bread and I'm thinking about getting ready to go do my errands. I am not doing any Black Friday sales as that is not my thing. I also am not buying Christmas presents for anyone. It has been an expensive year and we all had plenty of money paid out on their behalf so getting more stuff at Christmas just doesn't seem right. My family doesn't have little kids but rather late teens and twenty somethings so they surely can understand that we are beyond the gift giving while we give gifts in the form of college tuition, cars, insurance, etc. at least for a while until they get done with school.

Have a nice day everyone in whatever you do.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 06:48:48 AM »
Good morning.

Everyone here has been sick since last Saturday but today we're a little better.  It's been a tough week.  My house is in a huge mess, laundry pile is unbelievable, dishes are stacked in the sink, and everything's just ugh, messy, ugly, and it's depressing.  I have not felt like doing much of anything. 

Today on my agenda is a good, hot shower, followed by loads & loads of laundry and whatever else I can muster up the energy to do.  I have a tendency to start feeling better then overdo the work and relapse, so I need to pace myself.

Catherine - I understand very well the joys of aging.  Too many times lately I've found myself patting my head looking for my reading glasses only to realize I was already wearing them! ::) :D
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 07:18:00 AM »
Good morning. 

No Black Friday shopping for me today thank heavens.  I'll just stay at home and piddle around. 

Today is laundry since the sun in shining, carrying in wood, picking the turkey bones clean and getting them in the roaster with water for broth....fun times.  ;D

Supper tonight will be pizza quesadillas and a tossed salad. 

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 07:47:57 AM »
Good morning ladies,

We had a wonderful gluten free meal yesterday, but I ate way too much. So today I am back to keeping track of my points. I will be packaging and freezing some leftovers in meal size containers in a bit. Then I will wash up all the dirty dishes. I have plans for this afternoon.  ;D

I brought my knitting machine over yesterday so it could be warming up. Today I want to set it up and make some ear warmers. It has been so long since I used it, that I will need to read the instructions to refresh my memory.  ;) I didn't even check JoAnn's Black Friday sales so that I would not be tempted.  :D

We watched all 3 of the Santa Claus movies last night. I enjoy about anything with Tim Allen.  :) I got all the Christmas movies out yesterday so we can watch them over the next few weeks.  ;D

You all have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline Cathie

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 11:08:59 AM »
Good afternoon everyone ~

busy morning so far:
~ kids and I have feed the neighbors animals
~ feed our animals
~ did some online shopping - no buying so I guess you can consider it window shopping  ;)
~ shoveled driveway - never ending job till April now  >:(
~ stacked firewood - same thing - this one bothers me less, it keeps me warm
~ making pizza dough (this is in the process now)

still need to:
~ finish laundry
~ I have a lot to put away so that is a must  ;)
~ I need to pull out some material I am going to make my daughter something for Christmas I think

We are watching planes right now so I am taking a break  ;) have a great day everyone ;D